grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

Re:Reviews for Behind the Reflection 2: Witch's Revenge

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Mar 21, 12 6:59 PM
I liked the game. The graphics were nice and sharp and colorful. I would buy it when there is a good sale.....provided they put out a new version. My version constantly, like every 30 seconds or so, threw me out of the game. It really made playing the game an exercise in frustration.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Mar 22, 12 5:31 AM
Valdy wrote:I think because there is no "tutorial" as such in this game, these arrows give you an idea of what you have to do. I am sure it only happens right at the beginning of a new scene. After I finished the scenes with the arrows, and moved on, I didn't see any other arrows, so far...

Thanks Valdy - you've given me new hope . I have 25 mins left on demo so I will go back in and finish the demo. If the arrows were simply there as a tutorial and do indeed disappear then it will be a definite buy for me as that was what put me off. Thanks again.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 22, 12 1:59 PM
I have a few of this dev's games and liked them, but this one seems to be missing something...can't quite put my finger on it. Graphics okay, music a bit annoying after a while, HOGs okay but nothing special, hint system could have been better. Seems a bit simple to me, but that's my personal feelings only. Would be a nice game for someone fairly new to HOGs, but not for me. Maybe tomorrow. Thanks for the reviews.

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Mar 23, 12 9:54 AM
Average game! Reminds me alot of the old fashioned games and certainly not up to par with the wonderful Hidden Object/adventure/puzzle games we're used to playing. An interesting game and with a few upgrades, it could have been much better. Graphics were not brilliant, hidden objects were extremely tiny in some scenes and it got confusing, at times. Not all hidden objects were contained in one scene and you never knew if you were missing it or had to move to another location. When in doubt you had to use the hint button to find out.

It is different and interesting but I wouldn't recommend it to hard core and more experienced Hidden Object/adventure/puzzle fans.

[Post New]by Cattyruefull on Mar 25, 12 7:14 AM
this is my first review. I had to exit the game to say this was an enjoyable game. I could acutally do all of the puzzles and play without going to the walkthrough. This game made me feel competent versus inadequate with no frustration. I can hardly stop playing. The only frustration was a hint to go into another place and then be directed back into the same place. More of this please.

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Mar 26, 12 2:53 PM
I like this game! I appreciate a clean game with sharp graphics. I think it is beautifully done. I have the first game and forgot about it but I know I enjoyed it,
I just finished Sins of the Father and although I liked it too, it is nice to have a more
relaxing game to follow. Checked your review first Valdy as usual. I'll bet you didn't expect to gain such a following. Gotta watch your step with so many fans. :0)

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Mar 27, 12 3:42 AM
This game clogged my gills up. Definitely not my style. At first, in the house, it seemed like it would be ok, but it just got more and more boring. It is one of the most repetitious games I can remember and it left me cold. I can find nothing to recommend it. I almost cheered when it ended, I was so relieved.

This is one game that will sit in my PH forever and not be played again. Anyone with insomnia, play a chapter of this, it's a guaranteed cure.

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on Mar 28, 12 12:30 AM
Why did you keep playing if it bored you so? I am enjoying it as I enjoyed the first one. If I don't like a game in the demo, I uninstall it. But you can't please everybody. So, BF, Thank you for this sequel.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Mar 30, 12 3:33 AM
ataloss wrote:Why did you keep playing if it bored you so? I am enjoying it as I enjoyed the first one. If I don't like a game in the demo, I uninstall it. But you can't please everybody. So, BF, Thank you for this sequel.

Because I paid good money for it, duh.

Watch what you post, you'll get reprimanded, sarcasm. Plenty of people have posted this game is boring. Have you had a pop at them too? No? Why is that then? I am entitled to my opinion. You on the other hand, are not entitled to pass judgment.

Edited on 03/30/2012 at 8:37:48 AM PST

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Mar 30, 12 7:13 PM
I felt this was a beautifuly made game. There were parts inside of parts which I found to be fun. I did enjoy it but I was very confused sometimes. In a game like this I have to resort to the strategy guide often. I had problems getting it all together when I was not in order. I needed to go back and forth many times. Maybe it is just out of my league but I did finish it. I am amazed that so many of you don't need help with games of this type.As for me, I am tired now, but also I am 75 yrs old and not up to all of this progress in electronics etc. I remember sitting in front of a console upright radio as a child listening to programs and being excited at the wonder of it all. But I am not about to stop learning. Have fun with this one!

mbmb6868
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by mbmb6868 on Mar 31, 12 1:12 PM
Sheerija wrote:
ataloss wrote:Why did you keep playing if it bored you so? I am enjoying it as I enjoyed the first one. If I don't like a game in the demo, I uninstall it. But you can't please everybody. So, BF, Thank you for this sequel.

Watch what you post, you'll get reprimanded, sarcasm. Plenty of people have posted this game is boring. Have you had a pop at them too? No? Why is that then? I am entitled to my opinion. You on the other hand, are not entitled to pass judgment.

I thought that was a legitimate question. Others found it boring too, yes, but most of them didn't play the whole game. I was curious why you kept playing as well. You're the one who was sarcastic with your "Duh" instead of simply answering the question as asked. Lighten up. People have the right to ask questions, that's part of having an opinion. Nobody passed judgement. Don't take yourself so seriously, this is a game board.

I thought the game was so-so. Played the demo and wasn't inspired to go further. Hidden object scenes were very basic. Mini games were all things you've seen before. Curious how long the game is, but not curious enough to buy it.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Apr 1, 12 1:44 AM
It was not a legitimate question, it was a snide one, and got the provoked response it deserved, hence the duh. This is the reviews thread, not the comments thread. Here we are only supposed to review a game and give our personal opinion, not respond and criticize others for theirs. I do not owe anyone an explanation for what I post and no-one has the right to take me to task for my opinion. I do not need to lighten up, I need people to respect the rules and not imply that I am an idiot for continuing to play a game I found boring, then tell me how I am supposed to have stopped playing if I did not like the game, and uninstall, because that is what THEY do. After the demo, yes. Again, duh. And AGAIN, I BOUGHT the game, because the demo did not indicate that it would be as bad as it was. That is why I played it through, to get my money's worth. How is that unclear to you?

Now you come in here and get involved and tell me how I should have conducted myself? I don't think so. Back off.

And if you are thinking of responding to this, you had better be quick about it because when the Moderator sees all of this stupidity, it will all be removed, as it should be.

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on Apr 2, 12 12:14 AM
I did not mean for my question to be snide or critical. If you found it offensive, I apoligize. I was just wondering, that's all. I did not know you had bought it. Mea culpa!

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Apr 2, 12 1:05 AM
ataloss wrote:I did not mean for my question to be snide or critical. If you found it offensive, I apoligize. I was just wondering, that's all. I did not know you had bought it. Mea culpa!

What you say and how it comes across are often two different things when it's the typed word rather than vocal and most people make allowances for that. Don't let it put you off asking questions.

I have just finished playing Behind the Reflection 1 & 2 back to back. I have to say though that I was a little disappointed in the sequel after having played the first one. Neither posed much of a challenge but for some reason (my opinion only) I think the devs took a slight step backwards in the making of part 2.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Apr 2, 12 1:55 AM
ataloss wrote:I did not mean for my question to be snide or critical. If you found it offensive, I apoligize. I was just wondering, that's all. I did not know you had bought it. Mea culpa!

Thank you. I accept. Perhaps I overreacted. I apologize for the duh. Let's consider it laid to rest.

Be well.

Edited on 04/02/2012 at 12:50:46 PM PST

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Apr 5, 12 2:25 PM
i'm not quite finished with the full length game, as I had to take a break. My eyes were going off in all different directions from all those maddening HOS!! (Valdy did worn us!) I have read the reviews a few times now, and I guess I must have lost alot of grey matter in the last few months, because alot of the mini-games, for me, were either totally frustrating or so monotonous, I couldn't play them. I did play alot of them, also, as there seemed to be no end of mini-games for those that like them! Also, this is a HOS nirvana for you fishies that like them!! I have the first Behind the Reflection, but played it so long ago, I forgot what the game was like. I will go back and finish in a day or two, as it was sort of entertaining, but definetly not one of my favorites.

feenix

Calais30
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by Calais30 on Apr 26, 12 5:49 PM
Sheerija wrote:

I'm with Sheerija. This game is getting boring to the point I'd rather gnaw my own arm off but I want to finish to get my game coupon's worth.

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on May 20, 12 2:30 PM
This game was fine. There's other games I like better. Length was good and lot's of puzzles, which arn'et to hard. Plenty of HOS. Pretty easy. Cute story line.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jun 5, 12 4:36 PM
Maybe 15 minutes into the demo..have the stupid voodoo doll, but absolutely no instructions, hints, whaterver about where to go and what to do next. Frustrating and ridiculous game. What a waste. Clicked all over the place. Hint button useless, Journal useless...good grief...who came up with this waste of time. Graphics are very childish...yuck.

GAME COMPLETED SEVERAL TIMES

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Feb 28, 13 11:10 PM
GAME COMPLETED SEVERAL TIMES

An Almost Identical Sequel

Story: Sending her to jail wasn’t enough to get rid of the witch who has now sworn revenge, and again your son is stolen by her. She is determined to have his soul, and before you can rescue him she escapes with him through alternate realities again. You’ll meet other victims of the witch this time, who will help, but it is still a race against time to get to your boy.

Developer: ********
Release Date: Mar 2012
Extras: None

This is so like its predecessor, it’s almost like an additional few chapters to the original story. Once again we are faced with magical mirrors and alternate realities. The graphics are the same style, although there is some technical improvement, and the music is the same mind-shatteringly irritating few bars from the first game.

The game play has not changed either. There are things to find to complete tasks, which can be found either openly or hidden in the location, or occasionally in another close by. There are HOs and puzzles to complete others.

All of it is as easy as you could possibly want, and will bore a more experienced player who like a bit of challenge. But for quiet afternoons, and a cuppa, I think it’s a great fit.

I prefer this game to the earlier one because it has interesting characters and parallel worlds, one of which I found quite intriguing.

Go to: