Re:Post any Behind the Reflection 2: Witch's Revenge technical issues here only

[Post New]by jduckworth on Apr 4, 12 1:49 PM
I was very disappointed in how many times I had to restart playing the game because of all the times that the items would not go to the inventory line, they would disappear. And that was also after I downloaded the second time.

[Post New]by Lindzee2000 on Apr 5, 12 10:02 PM
Someone please help as I am so frustrated. I was maybe 40 min into the game and then it started freezing on me. I have uninstalled and reinstalled three times and now I am still getting an error access violation. How can I contact a real human at Big Fish and get a refund or get my game fixed?

[Post New]by marthie76 on Apr 9, 12 11:23 AM
handyfr wrote:The only technical issue I have with the game (which I downloaded on the 23rd (day after new version was posted to BFG site) is after finding all the pieces of the Inquisitor's clothes, instead of them going to the inventory bar...THEY DISAPPEAR! So I can't progress in the game!

Same thing has happened to me. I really don't want to start over. Any ideas?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Apr 9, 12 12:38 PM
marthie76 wrote:
handyfr wrote:The only technical issue I have with the game (which I downloaded on the 23rd (day after new version was posted to BFG site) is after finding all the pieces of the Inquisitor's clothes, instead of them going to the inventory bar...THEY DISAPPEAR! So I can't progress in the game!

Same thing has happened to me. I really don't want to start over. Any ideas?

You are wearing them. All you have to do is talk to the guard (and he'll still ask for the inquisitor), then click on the jail door next to him. It will open and you can go in now.

[Post New]by mkstobbs on Apr 13, 12 3:44 AM
i've re installed game twice and i still can't get the sapphire to collect the mirror. i picked a sapphire up in the HOS but it didn't go into my inventory or anything - any ideas?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Apr 13, 12 3:31 PM
mkstobbs wrote:i've re installed game twice and i still can't get the sapphire to collect the mirror. i picked a sapphire up in the HOS but it didn't go into my inventory or anything - any ideas?

The HOS on the right side in the scene with the mirror, right? Did you try clicking on the mirror to see if the sapphire went directly there? It shouldn't, but it's possible.

If it's not there, try going and collecting some of the other items for the mirror and see if it reappears in your inventory. I had one or two items disappear after I thought I had collected them only to have them suddenly appear in my inventory after I went into a different room or solved another puzzle.

If that doesn't do it, then try rebooting your computer into "Safe Mode with Networking" and uninstall the game from there. Then uninstall the Game Manager, too, from Add/Remove Programs or Programs & Features in the Control Panel.

Still in Safe Mode, go to BFG and redownload the game. Don't use a saved download file from before; download it fresh. The Game Manager will reinstall itself when you install the game.

Finally, reboot normally and try the game again. I can't promise it'll work, but it's done the trick for me a number of times in the past.

BTW, if you don't know how to boot into Safe Mode, shut down your PC. Then turn it on and immediately begin tapping the F8 key. A screen will come up with a number of choices. Use up or down arrows to highlight Safe Mode with Networking and hit Enter. Your screen will look bizarre when it boots up, but it will return to normal the next time you boot up as usual.

If all that doesn't help, then it's time to contact BFG Customer Service.

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Apr 18, 12 2:56 PM
I'm at the bit where you have to do a jigsaw of a mosaic of the witches face, and there are 2 pieces missing. I came out of the puzzle and then went back in and was clicking on the puzzle to see if anything would happen and suddenly 1 piece came flying in from the right hand side of the screen. I tried going out of the puzzle again to see if the last piece would do the same but nothing happens, so I can't finish it. It won't let me carry on and it won't let me skip the game. Has anyone else had this problem and if so did you get through it.

[Post New]by catfrog28 on Apr 20, 12 3:20 PM
gamergirl675 wrote:Ok this is weird... I'm at the part where you look for the key parts in the mansion... left the mansion and now I'm stuck outside. I click hint and it shows a part of the screen that is just ground... clicking there does nothing. And I am unable to reenter the mansion or leave that screen in any direction. I tried exciting the game and reentering (twice actually) with no improvement.

Anyone else experience this? Any ideas?

Thanks!!

yes very same thing happened to me, uninstalled game 4 times still stuck at same spot, can anyone help?

medic1960
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by medic1960 on Apr 23, 12 6:56 AM
'm having exactly the same problem as gamergirl675.! Can't go forward, back or enter mansion. Hint is useless. Very frustrating. Anybody out there please.

Many thanks.

BronzeLady
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by BronzeLady on Apr 23, 12 12:49 PM
I am about in Chapter 2 or so, and i collected 4/4 parts of the armor for the skeleton and the parts didnt go into my inventory so i cant give them to the skeleton to open the cript. I closed the game manager and reopened and still no armor. When i click the Hint button it circles the inventory section where the armor should be.

From other advice posts, i uninstalled the game and will re-boot b4 i reinstall just to make sure of a clean start. I was having so much fun with the game and dont appreciate being interrupted like this.

BronzeLady
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by BronzeLady on Apr 25, 12 8:29 AM
I finally finished the game but was soooo terribly disappointed in the trouble i had to go thru. After doing the reinstall, the item i was first missing was now showing. But on numerous occasions after, things wouldnt appear in the inventory tray. Each time i had to exit from the game by exiting via the Menu button (on i had to control/alt/dele to get out of the game). There was one time when i needed one more item and the game froze up, i exited and returned and had to start the whole chapter over. On 2 occasions i had to exit because of freezes or disappearing items, and the puzzles were solved when i got back without my doing them and i only had to click on the item to receive it. An example was when i had to collect the skulls. I collected them but they didnt go to inventory. The game froze and i had to control/alt/dele to get out of the game. When i got back the msg said to put the skulls on a shelf. They were already there when i clicked on the shelf. Once i had to get 4 items and after getting the 3rd, the game froze. When i returned i automatically had the 4th item which gave me the inventory item.

I lost count of all the glitches with this game. I never experienced anything like this before. I have the first game in the series and bought this game with confidence in the developer. I will definitely be more wary of them in the future.

[Post New]by hi102b on Jun 13, 12 12:02 AM
I too am having problems, I have got as far as looking through the telescope and I have completed the puzzle of sorting out the constellations....there it sticks...the stars are in the right place according to the picture but only 1 star is shining brightly. I cannot move forward until this is sorted. I have even tried to skip the puzzle but I get the same result.
Game was quite good until now. Has anyone any idea for a work round please.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jun 13, 12 12:10 PM
hi102b wrote:I too am having problems, I have got as far as looking through the telescope and I have completed the puzzle of sorting out the constellations....there it sticks...the stars are in the right place according to the picture but only 1 star is shining brightly. I cannot move forward until this is sorted. I have even tried to skip the puzzle but I get the same result.
Game was quite good until now. Has anyone any idea for a work round please.

Are you sure the stars are in the right place? It's the lines that connect the stars that have to match the picture exactly. If you have a stray line or are missing one, the puzzle won't complete.

[Post New]by manzanaresd on Jul 25, 12 7:04 AM
I dont know where to put the the cross. I am on chapter 5. Can someone help me please

cric
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by cric on Jan 21, 13 7:24 AM
After i get the saw; it says inspect the angel closer....i keep clicking on her, and nothing happens. I've started the game over 3 times.....

[Post New]by poochers1 on Jan 21, 13 5:10 PM
what do i do if an item didnt get added to my inventory? i got the inquisitors clothes but it didnt go to my inventory and now i cant continue my game without it. is there something i can do?

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Jan 23, 13 9:39 AM
Hey Fishies,

Just swimming in with a little advice!

poochers1: I was stuck for a while at the same spot too! You are wearing the finished inquisitors clothes, so all you have to do is click on the big door next to the guard in the town square. It'll bring you to the next Chapter!

cric: Are you collecting all of the pieces of the chainsaw? I would go back and make sure all of the other tasks are completed before trying to click on the angel once again. (No need to restart the game though!)

If there's still an issue getting past that part of the game, please be sure to get in touch with Customer Support so they work with you directly to explore some other options.

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

Go to: