Re:Reviews for Fantastic Creations: House of Brass

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Mar 26, 12 2:16 PM
I don't know what took me so long, to try this game, but am VERY happy, that I finally did, I found it quite ENJOYABLE .

I think since I'm not very good with, machines in real life...lol, trying to figure out what goes were, my first reaction to the game, was maybe its going to be tedious.
NOT in the least, hey I do have a brain ..and on ocassion it works, even enjoyed the mini's and puzzles, with no frustration at all, a welcomed change from some of the puzzles, these games have.
And I found the H0 scenes, with finding things in common, such as textiles, concaved objects, quite refreshing, and it added a nice change, to the game play.
The firefly was so COOL, loved putting it together, the parts were beautiful, as were many aspects, of this game.
When I have a game that I REALLY like the artwork, that was used, it bumps the game up for me, LOVE a feast for the eyes, and here latley there have been some pretty SPECTACULAR graphics and art, used in the games that I have purchased.
BIG ..for these developers, the work that I've seen, some have left me breathless, its that good.
The only issue I had with this game, was the custom cursor, couldn't use it, once I changed to system cursor, than I was able to play with no issues.
It probably took me a good 4 hrs, so the length was fine for me, I didn't find it to short, and that is one of my biggest pet peeves, so I hope others will give it a chance, its worth it, IMHO.
Thanks developers, for a FUN and unique game, I enjoyed every minute of it, and look forward to future games from you all .

x2kul
Shark
Shark
10,424 Posts

[Post New]by x2kul on Apr 5, 12 8:24 PM
Just thought I'd add my 2 cents, for what it's worth, especially at this late date....

There weren't enough reviews to compare CE vs SE, and there was a bug that I still have not heard fixed yet.

This is a must buy.

I consider myself to be Expert at most games, or close to it, although I have no idea what determines such a rating.

This games took me well over 5 hours. Could be closer to 10. I even peeked at the SG for one puzzle because I just couldn't figure out what to do. I never skip puzzles, don't use hints, and rarely, if ever, use a walkthrough or SG unless the game is just obtuse.

No map, but the locations are linear, so it's not a problem.

The HO scenes are not typical, a major plus.

Beautiful graphics.

No gore or violence, so that's a plus or not, depending on your preference.

All in all, a great buy as SE, even at full price.

Happy Gaming

[Post New]by janciee on Apr 7, 12 8:49 AM
Loved this game. Loads of puzzles, beautiful graphics. Took me over 4 hours to play with a few hints along the way. Well done 'Fantastic Creations'

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on May 27, 12 11:48 AM
The title for this game describes it well -- Fantastic Creations! I've never heard of the company, but if they keep on developing quaity games like this one, I'll definitely buy others. The game had beautiful graphics, creative minigames, was fast-paced,and I enjoyed the new twist finding the hidden objects. This was on the level I'd like to see other games developed. It was fun, rewarding, and just the right length.. Great job!

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Jun 5, 12 7:57 AM
Yes FANTASTIC CREATIONS ! a refreshing game sooo different ! Enjoyed the "Find 12 " rather than just senseless HOS....
I did not find it too short but I do spend time enjoying the artwork and exploring all the scenes !!!!
Are there any more games from this Developer????
I could not find much on them is it Gi Games?
Please Big Fish more games like this

[Post New]by polyanthys on Jun 15, 12 5:46 AM
I liked the demo so bought the game. But it needs an advanced level. Most mini games are easy and missing objects flash. Dissappointing and i wish i had noticed it in the demo as i would not have bought it.

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

Don't Miss This Great Little Game!

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Jun 20, 12 9:00 PM

**Review Based Upon Completion of Entire Game on SE**

First a disclaimer: I have a ton of free games so I used one on this game, so it was theoretically free for me.

I rarely leave reviews for a game, but I think you might miss this game because of other reviews or news that the game is a short game. (I finished it in one sitting in one night, started after the news at 6 p.m. and finished by the 10 p.m. news.)

This is a little game, but it's a great little game. I am very critical of games - notice how there haven't been any "epic-like" games lately, (like Siberia and Siberia II; where are all the good games?) - but I really liked this game.

I found this game to be innovative and sharp. Everything is clean and precise, and I even enjoyed the HOGs, and I hate HOGs; I just tolerate them to get to the mini-games and other challenges. Speaking of that, what happened to pure Adventure games? Couldn't maybe one game developer actually make a game without HOGs?

The HOGs were based upon categories - "Find Face and Head Objects," and no HOG has more than 12 items to find. They were really fun.

The mini-games were quite challenging for such a short game. They really aren't for the weak of heart. Bring your brain for this one.

So, I just wanted to leave a good review for this game. Just because it doesn't drag on forever doesn't mean it isn't a neat little game.

I cannot speak on the CE version, because I resisted the temptation this time so I could burn some of these free games.

But, I very enthusiastically recommend this game. Hope you enjoy it, too!

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Jun 20, 12 9:05 PM
spiritdog51 wrote:I liked it when the CE came out, but this time around I noticed that the replay-ability is not there. I knew what to do, so it would be a very long time to forget what to do to be able to replay it.

I do enjoy the Disney quality music to it. But the 2nd time around the game has lost some of its charm.

I too worry about the length, so I think I'll pass on this SE.

Curious. I've never seen anyone leave a review based upon the ability to play it twice.

I will mention the only thing I didn't like about this game, but I was able to ignore it: the journal on the right never stopped having little question marks coming out of it. I prefer to have a journal take my attention away from game play only when there is new information.

Also, only once did I find that I needed anything in the journal.

Hope that helps! Enjoy, little fishies!

katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by katiepops on Jul 23, 12 6:21 PM
This game is just not for me, I found myself bored and deleting as soon as my trial was over.
The graphics are nice, there is some slowness to going from place to place that I don't encounter with any other game.

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Aug 11, 12 6:28 AM
Finished playing the game, I don't regret buying the game, as the graphics were good, plus the way that you have to fix things around the house, having to use the elevator was a nice touch too.

I do think that the engaging side of the storyline was dry, trying to run away from a robot was upbeat in the game, but it wasn't quite enough. Yes I had to escape the house, but if it wasn't the graphics I would have been totally bored, which I was at times.

I'm just thinking what could have been done to make it less boring, perhaps adding a character other then the voice of the Inventor and the robot throughout the game, someone you can engage with?? Perhaps having another goal other then just leaving the home.

Anyhow a good game and a credit to the developers.

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Aug 11, 12 9:13 PM
This was a fun game. Clever story. Lot's of HOS and neat puzzles. Nice graphic's.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Sep 11, 12 10:29 AM
Got through about 20 minutes of the demo and figured this was a no buy for me. The voice over of the "professor" was really annoying. There is a click penalty which I find annoying and old fashioned. Mini games were ones I had seen and disliked before, but the Skip button seems to be a fast recharge. Basically could not take anymore of this game...seemed slow paced and childish. A 1 for me.

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Nov 5, 12 12:14 PM
Yes, this was a fun game! Different story line. Nice graphic's and coloring. Easy and fun puzzles. Different HOS's but fun.

Jerry99
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by Jerry99 on May 28, 13 7:41 PM
The graphics were very good, the story fair. I liked the different HOGs and many of the puzzles were interesting. Overall I would recommend this game to someone to try.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 28, 13 9:31 AM
Not For Me, But...

BASED ON GAME COMPLETED ON THIRD TRY

It’s a very good STEAM PUNK PUZZLE ADVENTURE where some of the puzzles are HOS of an unusual type.

We find ourselves in a most unusual HAUNTED HOUSE, with NO GHOSTS, but where ROBOTS roam, causing havoc, and attempting to PREVENT us from LEAVING.

Through the ingenious devices of the ARCHITECT, an eccentric but visionary INVENTOR, we can receive his help along the way and thwart the intentions of the out of control robot, GWEN.

The ARTWORK is TOP QUALITY, well rendered and imaginatively conceived. The ideas behind the gadgets are very clever. Visually, this game is a treat, not only for its beauty but also for its originality – the eye candy is of a more mechanical sort.

SOUND is very quiet, very little AMBIENT noise, not even steam/engines a lot of the time. The MUSIC is quite upbeat and pleasant.

There are VOICEOVERS, specifically, Cogglethorpe (the inventor), which are REALLY WELL DONE. It must be said, though, he could drive you nuts with his SMUG ARROGANT CONDENSION.

The GAMEPLAY is MOSTLY PUZZLES, wonderfully designed, both original and familiar. Some of these puzzles are REPEATED, but with greater difficulty as we go. Even the simplest puzzles in this game require some BRAIN POWER. I had to SKIP (SLOW) many.

The HO SCENES are different. They are twists on MULTIPLES OF where we must find “12 square shaped objects” or 12 “containers”. They require greater MENTAL EXERCISE than the average HO, and I like them.

The JOURNAL is of little assistance in sorting out where next to go, and there is NO MAP, but HINT offers CRYPTIC REMARKS (these fireflies always seem to escape). I had to resort to the WALKTHROUGH in order to finish this game, after my third attempt stalled again.

I’ll probably never play this game again, because it was very frustrating for me, but I do believe it is a very well put together game that would entertain and challenge most players.

I recommend this game!

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Nov 1, 13 3:31 PM
i didn't really enjoy this game. the mini games were too difficult and the hint button was very slow to load. graphics were not very colourful overall sorry big fish but it is a big

Go to: