toolekid
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Post any Ghost Encounters: Deadwood technical issues here only

[Post New]by toolekid on Mar 25, 12 7:36 AM
krinneyd wrote:
skibado wrote:I think there is a glitch in the game, the last bone on the altar!! disappear, bird dropped it, BlackJack showed up and there is no getting to the altar while he is there. No last bone, no proceeding further. Frustrating.

I am having the same problem and posted on another forum but no response...was really liking this game until this glitch turned up...HELP??? anyone????

I am experiencing this problem as well.

[Post New]by Mystery_Egypt on Mar 25, 12 8:40 AM
I'm experiencing the same issue with the last bone.
What a shame near the end of the game

About the last bone situation

[Post New]by Notenoughfish on Mar 25, 12 8:49 AM
I started over with a new profile. I got the last bone this time. The difference is that I lit the candle but did not take it before clicking on the vulture. Then the bone fell to the floor and I was able to pick it up. I took the candle after I picked up the bone.

[Post New]by Mystery_Egypt on Mar 25, 12 9:03 AM
Notenoughfish wrote:I started over with a new profile. I got the last bone this time. The difference is that I lit the candle but did not take it before clicking on the vulture. Then the bone fell to the floor and I was able to pick it up. I took the candle after I picked up the bone.

As far as I remember, I didn't take the lit candle first, but still ran into this problem. Maybe after clicking the vulture, I clicked the altar instead of the floor though.

toolekid
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by toolekid on Mar 25, 12 9:08 AM
Notenoughfish wrote:I started over with a new profile. I got the last bone this time. The difference is that I lit the candle but did not take it before clicking on the vulture. Then the bone fell to the floor and I was able to pick it up. I took the candle after I picked up the bone.

Thank you for that. I did click on the vulture first. The vulture dropped the bone, flew off and I was immediately taken to the top of the altar and I clicked on the shovel. I didn't light or take the candle. I'm not sure if I inadvertently set off a trigger of some sort or if this is a glitch. However, based on your reply, it appears I may have to start over. Thanks again.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Mar 25, 12 9:09 AM
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to swim in and offer some extra help.

For those running into a volume issue I’d try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps. (If you click the blue text it will take you right there)

If the screen resolution is showing off, I would check to see if the step at Screen Resolution helps. The typical screen resolution for this game should be at least 1024 x 768 or higher.

If the game is freezing or not responding as it should (Such as not being able to pick up the bone dropped by the vulture) I would also try uninstalling and reinstalling the game or the steps in the Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen article.

However these are just steps we’ve found to help in the past. If you’re still running into trouble after this definitely get in touch with our Customer Support team. One of our Reps will be able to help you out with your purchase, and this will help us better track any issues.

Thank you!

bfgCimarron

hannah233
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by hannah233 on Mar 25, 12 6:59 PM
FOLKS WE SHOULDNT HAVE ALL THESE PROBS ON ANY!! GAMES BUYING OR NOT THIS IS AWFUL GIVEM UR MONEY & WHO CARES . THIS IS GETTING WORSE AS THE NEW GAMES COME UP. EVEN WITH THE OLDER ONES.

hannah233
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

(removed by moderator)

Edited on 03/26/2012 at 4:46:51 AM PST

hannah233
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

(removed by moderator)

Edited on 03/26/2012 at 4:47:09 AM PST

hannah233
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

(removed by moderator)

Edited on 03/26/2012 at 4:47:21 AM PST

hannah233
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

(removed by moderator)

Edited on 03/26/2012 at 4:47:35 AM PST

hannah233
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

(removed by moderator)

Edited on 03/26/2012 at 4:47:59 AM PST

hannah233
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

(removed by moderator)

Edited on 03/26/2012 at 4:48:11 AM PST

hannah233
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by hannah233 on Mar 25, 12 7:06 PM
WHY R WE HAVING THESE PROBS??? IM DONE WITH B F E VERY GAME I HAVE A PROB!!! SO DISAPPOINTED !

Guybrush
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Guybrush on Mar 25, 12 8:19 PM
Demo expired just as i started chess puzzle. After buying the game is telling me one chess piece is missing, but they no longer exist. Their locations have been completed.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 26, 12 4:55 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just to clarify, the (removed by moderator) posts are to remove duplicate posts that were probably system generated.

Sorry about that!

hannah233 As you mention having trouble with this game and others, I would strongly encourage you to get in touch with us so we can provide some specific advice for you. It sounds like this is not just an isolated, game specific issue.

If you could please run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support team, that would help us to get to the bottom of these troubles you have been experiencing.

Guybrush I would suggest trying uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

Failing that, starting new player profile is another option but please bear in mind this will require you to satrt the game from the beginning again.

Hope this helps,

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by TideWaters on Mar 26, 12 9:45 AM
I am also missing the last bone. Do you realize the game is basically over and your suggestion is to start the game over?????? That is not an acceptable answer. I have invested a number of hours in this game and I should not be required to start over because of a glitch in the game. Are these games, tested just prior to offering for sale? It seems to me there should be some sort of quality controls in place. This is becoming frustrating and personally I am reconsidering whether or not I will continue to buy new games here until I know the game issues have been worked out. Unfortunately, it is not a problem with my computer, but rather I was sold a game with issues.

[Post New]by dlunzer on Mar 26, 12 11:38 PM
This is ridiculousl! I have better things to do. Your suggestions have only served to waste my entire evening, Hint button does not work. Why don't you just solve the problem and quit passing the buck

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by tishythree on Mar 27, 12 3:04 AM
i am another one with problems with the last bone sorry big fish being told to restart under another name is not good enough this is nearly the end of the game for goodness sake and i for one dont want to replay a game this soon therefore i think a refund is in order

[Post New]by Crystalscove22 on Mar 27, 12 12:12 PM
seeme278 wrote:Played almost the whole game and froze at the very end. Appeared to happen because I exercised the option to "continue" through the voice over. Can't pick the rose up off of the altar, can't leave the room to visit the graves. I hate that. Going in for a refund. -- NEVERMIND -- I'll leave this post in case others experience the same problem. I solved it by exiting to Windows (using the four flags logo next to ALT). When I returned to the game using the task bar, I was able to get to the menu. After exiting the game and returning, I was able to continue.

Same problem here..got right to the very end...and after the screen said I should go visit grannys grave...it froze...no curser available...just black bars on top & bottom as if the 'movie' was still running..had to Ctrl alt del to get out and end game thru task manager...but unlike you, I was not able to get the end of the game to play no matter how hard I tried. I know the game was pretty much over anyway- but it was really disappointing after playing such areat game to have it crash at the end. Oh well..
heavy sigh....

Go to: