jpflier
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:Post any Phenomenon: City of Cyan technical issues here only

[Post New]by jpflier on Mar 25, 12 1:45 PM
Well I guess I won't be playing this one, either. The game won't open, aside from a brief flash of black and the icon appearing on my tool bar for those few seconds. I have uninstalled and installed again, tried to change resolution without luck. Guess I will have to ask for a "refund" as I used a coupon code for purchase. Have not had this problem in quite a long time...

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Mar 26, 12 4:49 AM
The game froze on me twice.

The first time in the chemistry lab, I was near completion and everything froze. Couldn't get out of game had to use ctrl + delete, alt. when I went back in, it took me to the beginning of puzzle but had the first the bit of it done although it didn't recognise at the bottom of screen. I had to skip the puzzle, but at least I could.

I got a string of error numbers which I didn't take down (!) when it went to the desktop both times.

the 2nd time it was replacing the books puzzle.

edit - I didn't think I had missed anything with the glitch in the books puzzle but after doing everything and discovering no green hint on map, and when I opened the SG it just went to table of contents and not open at anything, I missed something. I now realise after the book puzzle it should have given me an artifact in an hidden compartment and it didn't happen!

I am stuck, and there is no way I am replaying 5 hrs of it. How frustrating, so near the end but no staisfaction in finishing it.
My computer was cool, not overheating.

Edited on 03/26/2012 at 5:02:42 AM PST

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Mar 26, 12 5:30 AM
I have Win XP. This game won't work right. It's there, but the screen is white. I can only see the "dashboard" at the bottom but I cannot see anything else.

I tried changing resolution, no good.

I will reinstall but doubt that will help.

When I first tried it I was able to see the title menu screen, put my name in, but then at the first cut scene, that was all white (blank). The voiceover was going on but there was nothing to see. Then I got to the first screen of the game itself which was also white.

I quit the game, changed resolution, went back into the game and it went right to where I left off (the first screen of the game itself, NOT the title screen) but everthing was blank except the dashboard.

Is a fix coming??

Oh and when I first opened to the title screen, my cursor was very sluggish too. That is due to the fog/mist in the scenery. Those kinds of effects are resource hogs to older computers and BF will NOT fix this and my experience w/ this is that no amount of tweaking your computer will make the cursor work better.

If no fix is forthcoming I'll install this on my newer laptop (WIN 7) and see if it works there but I would like it to work on my WIN XP desktop please.

Candycleve
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Candycleve on Mar 26, 12 11:33 AM
I played the game off and on yesterday; all was well. Just signed on today to play and BOOM, back to the beginning.I had to have been close to the end. I had all the pendant pieces. Don't want to play the game all the way through again right now. Grrr.

Edited on 03/26/2012 at 11:34:52 AM PST

Srutko1226
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Srutko1226 on Mar 26, 12 4:59 PM
I just had an expert build me a computer with a state of the art graphics card. Started to play this and had to quit. Came back and the 2 items that were in the inventory are now back in the game and I cannot pick them up.....It's not my computer.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Mar 27, 12 2:48 AM
gingergal wrote:The game froze on me twice.

The first time in the chemistry lab, I was near completion and everything froze. Couldn't get out of game had to use ctrl + delete, alt. when I went back in, it took me to the beginning of puzzle but had the first the bit of it done although it didn't recognise at the bottom of screen. I had to skip the puzzle, but at least I could.

I got a string of error numbers which I didn't take down (!) when it went to the desktop both times.

the 2nd time it was replacing the books puzzle.

edit - I didn't think I had missed anything with the glitch in the books puzzle but after doing everything and discovering no green hint on map, and when I opened the SG it just went to table of contents and not open at anything, I missed something. I now realise after the book puzzle it should have given me an artifact in an hidden compartment and it didn't happen!

I am stuck, and there is no way I am replaying 5 hrs of it. How frustrating, so near the end but no staisfaction in finishing it.
My computer was cool, not overheating.

update - I decided to replay it and it didn't happen again and no problems.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Mar 27, 12 4:01 AM
gingergal, I'm sorry to hear you had to play the entire game through again, but I'm glad that you were able to finish the game this time around. I hope you did enjoy the game, despite the replay.

Your game save data resetting definitely doesn't sound fun at all, Candycleve. Try following the steps in the below help article to see if you can try to avoid this from happening again:

Game Not Saving

For any white/black screens or crashes, please try to see if the steps in the below help article can help you correct the issue:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that didn't help or if you require more assistance, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

Edited on 03/27/2012 at 4:01:48 AM PST

Srutko1226
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Srutko1226 on Mar 27, 12 7:27 AM
Gave it another shot. Deleted the game and downloaded it again. Deleted my profile and had trouble making a new one because everytime I did, it took me back to where I was with my first profile.

Finally made a new profile and played until I ran out of time. Decided to buy game with a credit. Went back in and lost inventory item and cannot progress.

Pinkbudgie
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Pinkbudgie on Mar 27, 12 8:46 PM
I seem to be stuck on a bug in the locomotive cab. I finished the chess board and got the valve. The guide says to put the last valve on and then collect the last grate piece from behind the steam. Well, the steam doesn't stop. I can't click on the valves anymore and I can't click on the last piece. I tried to use hint to get something going but it doesn't do anything either. I'm afraid I'm going to have to start the game all over again and hope for the best.

dlcoyte
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Jerky, unresponsive cursor....

[Post New]by dlcoyte on Mar 29, 12 6:04 PM
It seems to lag and go where it wants to go. Will save the 50mins left of demo to see if an undate comes out. I saw at least one other person with same problem. I almost Never have any problems with these games, so im to assume its the game developers end that has a problem.

SweetSuki
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by SweetSuki on Mar 31, 12 7:23 AM
misty5 wrote:Great game, but I've hit a glitch early on that makes it impossible to continue. After my pendant repelled the attack by the disaster "survivor", I picked up the piece left behind but apparently it didn't go into my inventory so I can't place it in the appropriate grate. I'd really like to play this game so would appreciate any suggestions.

The pendant piece doesn't actually go into your inventory. It's around the red heart button in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

[Post New]by Bluelady235 on Apr 1, 12 2:17 PM
My problem is when I try to put the plasma lights on the side it won't take them. Tried everything even checked on the guide, still will not take them. Can't go any farther with the game, anyone else have this problem? Thanks for helping!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Apr 3, 12 8:40 PM
I just clicked them in the middle of the darkened area where you need to use them and they popped into the side area.

[Post New]by Bluelady235 on Apr 8, 12 6:45 PM
It will let me post it on the side at all. I guess I could delet it and re download and start all over.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Apr 8, 12 9:33 PM
Bluelady, if you do the uninstall/reinstall try backing out of that puzzle and go to some other scene in the game before you uninstall. That way when you reinstall, if your game is still there (it usually is), then you may get a fresh start on that puzzle, instead of having the glitch saved in your profile. No guarantees, but it's worth a try and can't hurt anything.

dlcoyte
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by dlcoyte on Apr 14, 12 5:27 PM
Cursor slow and not responding... Kind of all over the place. Saw at least one other person with same problem. Cant play till its fixed.

rrobinson7
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by rrobinson7 on Apr 15, 12 1:26 PM
LEOTA26 wrote:
misty5 wrote:Great game, but I've hit a glitch early on that makes it impossible to continue. After my pendant repelled the attack by the disaster "survivor", I picked up the piece left behind but apparently it didn't go into my inventory so I can't place it in the appropriate grate. I'd really like to play this game so would appreciate any suggestions.

I had this happen a couple of times throughout the game. It seemed to work for me if I just went back to were I was supposed to pick it up and give it a minute and it would be back where it was supposed to be. I hope this makes sense and it helps you out.

Hey, I am having the same trouble. The pendant piece does not appear in my inventory. I have returned to the spot where it should be but no pendant piece. help!

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Apr 15, 12 3:43 PM
Hi Everyone,

If the game isn’t progressing like it should, one thing that can help is to uninstalling and reinstalling the game (if you click the blue text it will take you to more information on how to do that). This won’t lose your place in the game, but I’ve found it can help.

If the game is giving you trouble with lagging, or sluggish play issues I would try the steps listed in this help article

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I’ve found they can help with performance issues as well. However if you try any of these steps and your game continues to give you trouble, I would get in touch with our Customer Support team and one of our reps can look into this issue with you more closely.

I hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

cherbando
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

White screen in middle of play

[Post New]by cherbando on Apr 30, 12 10:57 PM
I just do not understand this problem. I played the trial just fine, I played half the purchased game just fine. Then, in the middle of playing the screen goes white. No cursor, no pictures.I have to control/alt/delete to close the game. I play other games with no issues, my computer is all up to date. I do not get it! If I go back into the game I can play a little longer before the screen goes white again. So frustrating.

[Post New]by pollb65 on May 7, 12 12:38 PM
I've gotten thru well till I was supposed to pick up the plasma lights in chapter #3. Now my cursor won't change to pick up the plasma lights. Got any suggestions?

Go to: