318Pisces
Clownfish
Clownfish
642 Posts

Re:Reviews for Rita James and the Race to Shangri La

[Post New]by 318Pisces on Apr 27, 12 7:48 AM
A fun, campy, cartoon-style adventure spoof of great length for a SE! You get your money's worth with this gem! Loved it for the casual,lightheartedness & sense of humor! A great diversion from some of the heavier CE's... Great job developers! I'm off to start it's sister game Escape from Thunder Island....

Happy Gaming!
Karen

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Sep 12, 12 2:54 PM
(Based on the demo): I thought I would hate this game but I found myself laughing so much! It's campy, it's funny, it's snarky, it pokes fun at so much of what players go through during every game (especially if they watch the tutorials).

I love snarky comments in a game - that's why I love MCF so much. If I do something stupid, please insult me! Seriously! I love it!

The humor in this game is what saves it. This is not a serious game. This is simply a game to enjoy. I don't think it's worth even a normal SE price but if I see it as a DD I will definitely purchase it.

I give it three out of five kitties, rounded up to four):

Happy gaming, y'all!

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Nov 17, 12 1:33 PM

Edited on 12/03/2012 at 10:36:13 AM PST

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Mar 11, 13 6:57 PM
Well, that was a long one. But I did have fun...I usually skip over cut scenes but you have to watch these, they make the whole game...what fun they are!

Found the game to sometimes be just a bit blurry, however the cut scenes which were cartoons were crisp and clear...HOS were actually a bit of a nightmare...lots of things to do in them, but the items were often small and hidden and the scenes were a blurry...had to really think...not a lot of help in this game.

Mini games had no instructions at all...if you couldn't figure them out on your own, then the skip goes by pretty quick and you can exit.

It was imperative to check the task list to get through the game as the hint was basically useless. It took me awhile to figure out all these different parts. The task is the big silver ball on the right...it doesn't say task.

I did have a lot of fun playing this game and will probably play it again despite some frustrations as there was no map and some areas could get really confusing.

Highly recommend and give it a 3.5 out of 5 only because it did have some difficulties and the HOS were such a slow down.

Go to: