Re:Welcome to Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by Serenity1950 on Apr 14, 12 6:40 PM
You get the chandelier to fall by using the crossbow to hit the lever in the room. Just aim the crossbow and it shoud connect. Good Luck

cefortner
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by cefortner on Apr 20, 12 9:31 AM
Rugby1 wrote:Playing on an IMAC and have run into a difficulty. In the segment in the stables you must find a code to be able to unlock a secret compartment under a statue. However, I cannot find the code. I believe I have done all the required moves, but I cannot proceed until I get the code and I cannot find it. Is this a bug on the MAC or am I just missing something?

[/You can't do this until you do the moon phase game with the lanterns. I need to find the mirror for the lantern that the statue is holding. I've looked in the strategy guide but I can't find where it is. If you know will you please reply. I'm stuck. Thank you.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Apr 20, 12 10:33 AM
If you are looking for the mirror for the statue.......it is on the truck. It falls off and you pick it up.

Here's the link to that thread:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/207458.page

[Post New]by clk226 on Apr 22, 12 7:03 PM
oldlady55 wrote:Worked out I had not finished the radio bit and when I did the bar and electric sparks appeared. so finished it. I think there might be a slight glitch with the radio. Odd Anyway all good now.

What do you mean when you say you had not finished the radio bit? I am stuck at the same spot.

[Post New]by clk226 on Apr 22, 12 7:25 PM
clk226 wrote:
oldlady55 wrote:Worked out I had not finished the radio bit and when I did the bar and electric sparks appeared. so finished it. I think there might be a slight glitch with the radio. Odd Anyway all good now.

What do you mean when you say you had not finished the radio bit? I am stuck at the same spot.

Never mind, I found the answer in the forum. You actually have to click on the words when you are speaking to the Coast Guard. The radio breaks down, you go outside, and the wires are sparking. When you come back in the iron bar has been used to smash the radio. Thank goodness for the forums!

[Post New]by zerbut on Apr 24, 12 11:22 PM
I am having the same trouble as Butterfly Shrimp!! Please help us!!

[Post New]by morgal123 on Apr 26, 12 1:34 PM
sklm67 wrote:My medillon had no key hole. The key will not go in What did I miss? I cannot finish the game ty

Look at the photo you took of the mirror with the arrows on it....the guide will tell you also which way to turn the arrows to open the key hole

[Post New]by morgal123 on Apr 26, 12 1:36 PM
I cannot get the sparking wires, nor the iron bar in the casual mode, in the next mode, the radio code does not work??????

Just would like to finish the game totally out-

Anyone having problems with different levels???????

[Post New]by morgal123 on Apr 28, 12 2:35 PM
Butterflyshrimp wrote:Could someone please tell me how to get the chandelier to fall. Have already been out the window, on the roof, on the chandelier, & tried to hit the lever with the weapon I'm supposed to, but I keep getting a "you can't use that there", etc. Finally checked the Strategy Guide, do have the correct weapon, just cannot hit the lever. Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has alredy played. Thus far, the game has been a dream to play, no problems at all, so I must be doing something wrong, even though the Strategy Guide says it is correct. Many thanks!

[Post New]by morgal123 on Apr 28, 12 2:39 PM
you must get the string above the elevator - cut it with the broken plate, that will complete your crossbow. you aim the cross bow at the green handle, then pull the string or rope, and chandelier will lower....to get out of that room you have to climb back up the chandelier chain.........

[Post New]by bradendennis on Apr 29, 12 6:30 AM
im at the point in the game where you have to get a code from the kanga family rtee or something like that for this safe or something but ive looked everywhere for the code in the game then i looked on youtube for the walkthrough and it showed that the code comes up automaticly but it never came up on mine and the family tree thing is gone so i cant get the code!!! is there a way to find it now?

[Post New]by bowrybj on May 7, 12 9:44 PM
Serenity1950 wrote:Has anyone figured out the combination to the safe from the letter and family Tree...I don't have a clue?

I'm having the same problem....what is the code for the safe?????

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on May 7, 12 11:21 PM
bowrybj wrote:
Serenity1950 wrote:Has anyone figured out the combination to the safe from the letter and family Tree...I don't have a clue?

I'm having the same problem....what is the code for the safe?????

You have to complete the family tree by finding all the portraits and putting them in the correct places on the family tree. When this is done correctly, the code appears in your journal.

I was not able to get the code and open the safe until quite awhile after I found the safe. There was a lot of game play between finding it and opening it.

[Post New]by ranchbug on Jun 24, 12 8:31 AM
hi could someone please help me with this game? I am at the fountain and i can go no farther, I still have a lighter and crossbow left in my inventory, but i can go no farther, it just says check your diary and inventory.

Please help!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jun 29, 12 3:41 PM
Did you figure this out?

If not, is your crossbow loaded? Did you get across the drawbridge? If you're long past that and your crossbow has twine on it, then you might want to see about solving a chandelier problem.

Edited on 06/29/2012 at 3:42:00 PM PST

Stuck. Not sure what to do

[Post New]by pilgrim123 on Jun 30, 12 4:46 AM
ladyhawkna wrote:What am I supposed to put in the fountain thing . Not sure what the dials should be.
Is there a walkthru? It keeps saying to read my diary. NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jun 30, 12 10:23 AM
Pilgrim123, you can't solve the foutain puzzle until you solve the lamp puzzle. Go to the area with the angel holding a lamp next to a bunch of pillars. Find lamps for all the pillars and then light them all. Then you need to make sure each lamp is on the correct pillar...

If you've already done that, then look at your journal and the code you need for the fountain should be written there...

Edited on 06/30/2012 at 10:25:07 AM PST

[Post New]by lunasea2 on Jul 5, 12 2:20 AM
need help with the sundial

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jul 5, 12 1:07 PM
lunasea2 wrote:need help with the sundial

**SPOILER** You need lit lanterns for all the pillars, then you need to make sure the correct lantern is on the correct pillar. The moon will on the pillar will light when you get each one right. Then "look" at the pillars and the sundial until your character writes the code in his diary.

Then use the code on the fountain puzzle and be sure you put each number next to the correct moon phase.

Welcome to Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by Kazzie1013 on Aug 4, 12 8:28 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Go to: