holiewood
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Post any Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by holiewood on Mar 30, 12 10:42 AM
First you must put out the fire, then use the tongs. I am getting an access violation error and it immediately shuts down the whole game. I have NO idea why this is happening. Anybody know a fix??

Frozen portraits on the family tree puzzle

[Post New]by pmwright610 on Mar 30, 12 10:43 AM
I am also stuck on the family tree with two frozen portraits. Even though I have gotten far enough to know where they go to learn the safe combination, I can't go any further. I don't see a fix posted yet. Is it the game or am I doing something wrong?

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Mar 30, 12 10:57 AM
Hi Fishies,

For those experiencing Access Violation errors, you may find some useful information in our help article covering that here:

Access Violation

Just click the blue text to be taken to that help article. In addition, I would recommend contacting our Tech Support team in regards to any Access Violation errors, or any problems with the iron and tongs scene in the game which others have mentioned. Our Tech Support team will be more than happy to assist you.

I hope this helps!

bfgSeine

Zoesgran
Herring
Herring
365 Posts

[Post New]by Zoesgran on Mar 30, 12 1:13 PM
Is anyone else finding it difficult to drag things from the inventory? Everytime I try, it takes at least 4 or 5 times clicking on them before they move and then I have to practically drag it where it needs to be. I tried changing the cursor, but it changed to the custom one and it just spun around and it didn't do anything. Took me ages to get the first cursor back. It's so annoying, I loved the first Shiver and this one looks good, but I'm not going to buy it if it still has bugs which should have been sorted out in the beta test.

[Post New]by ceruleanmoon on Mar 30, 12 2:50 PM
I am having the same trouble as pmwright610, care_916 and gobaba: Two of the portraits that are supposed to be able to fit in the family tree are stuck in the margins and will not budge. I can figure out where they are supposed to go and from that discern the code needed for the safe, but entering that code does nothing, I suspect because you have to have all the portraits in place before that point. I've checked with the SG and I've got everything else where it should be except for these two immovable objects. Is there a fix for this problem? I'm kind of stuck (just like the portraits) and cannot move forward to finish the game. Would appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks for your assistance.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Mar 30, 12 5:28 PM
tongs! what's with the tongs??? they liked getting the hot iron out of the fire, but refuse to do any more work. is this a union thing? not in their job description? what?
i have repeatedly attempted to pick up the iron bar after smacking it with the hammer, but the tongs merely give me a "click" and jump back into inventory. (now i am getting clicked off.) i see others have tong issues too. someone said they had to give it 30 tries. i will be lame by then! please, fix it~

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

The tongs do not work

[Post New]by bluesinew on Mar 30, 12 5:59 PM
I see I am not alone... the tongs do not work... This is a beautiful game... it is too bad this had to happen. Please fix this BF ... this is very disappointing.

katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by katiepops on Mar 30, 12 6:47 PM
The tongs worked fine for me but my last picture is stuck on the portrait puzzle.

Edited on 03/31/2012 at 7:25:15 PM PST

[Post New]by poppete on Mar 30, 12 6:57 PM
How do I get the tongs to lift the metal. Can't go any further til I can do that. If it is unfixable I want my money back.

[Post New]by Joanportia on Mar 30, 12 8:30 PM
Cannot use the tongs!

maunic2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by maunic2 on Mar 30, 12 10:12 PM
Same here, I tried everything I could think of, but the tongs just will not pick up the iron bar. Please fix this problem.

[Post New]by kellybad on Mar 31, 12 3:45 AM
I too am having no luck with the tongs, even started again with no luck.

[Post New]by cehughes on Mar 31, 12 5:04 AM
I have the tong problem also. How many people have too complain before
Big Fish responds!!!!!!!!!!!! I buy many games and expect more support with issues such as this

[Post New]by ravenmad1992 on Mar 31, 12 5:18 AM
Is there going to be an updated version of this game to fix the tongs glitch?? I see they have already put out the fixed version for the Mac

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

Tong Glitch ...waste of game credits

[Post New]by bluesinew on Mar 31, 12 8:58 AM
It seems like to tong glitch is not going to be addressed any time soon. Not even a "we're working on it" comment. I had to make a choice to spend my 2 credits... it seems like I made the WRONG choice. Buyer Beware!

[Post New]by ravenmad1992 on Mar 31, 12 12:38 PM
Yes I am beginning to think buying this was a mistake as well...I am shocked that nobody has even responded to this problem

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Mar 31, 12 12:46 PM
Just want you to know that I am amongst those that are having a problem with tongs working....do we get a fix for this or our monies back?

bri_rose1978
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bri_rose1978 on Mar 31, 12 1:03 PM
I am also having a problem with the tongs; I would greatly appreciate it if someone would let us know that the glitch is being fixed and a fix is coming soon.

Re: There is a glitch with getting tongs to pick up the hot metal in the Blacksmith shop

[Post New]by QrtrMoon on Mar 31, 12 1:05 PM
I've hit a glitch here and in checking the forum so have many others. In the Blacksmith shop; Coals put ablaze, metal bar set in fire, bellows used then they dissapear and then "too hot to handle" pops up. But repeatedly trying to use tongs (obtained from water trough) gets nothing, they won't pick up the hot metal. I've backtracked and made sure I accomplished goals needed to get to this stage and it seems I have. I started a new game with new player name and have stalled agian at this very same place. Was considering uninstall and re-install but from the forum for this game others have tried this and it still is a no go for the tongs to work. Just submitting a tech issue here as advised in forum. Love the game and "stuff" happens- it's just that you can't progress further until you've finished making the crossbow. Hope we have a fix soon. I'm hanging here and really would like to continue this wonderful adventure (it's my day off and daylight is burning).
This is by the way the first game since joining BF that there has been any glitches in them.

robinbucy
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by robinbucy on Mar 31, 12 2:20 PM
The tongs are a problem with me also. I've used the bellows to heat the fire, and am trying to use the tongs to remove the metal. Bummer...I was having so much fun until now.

Go to: