shaferc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Post any Hidden Mysteries: Royal Family Secrets technical issues here only

[Post New]by shaferc on Apr 1, 12 8:17 AM
Why did this game not activate until you accepted the change. Will this happen with every game? I usually leave the computer when it is downloading, so when I returned it stated that the activation failed and I had to start reinstalling. Is there something that I am able to do to prevent this?

jrob15
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jrob15 on Apr 1, 12 10:23 PM
mariepierre972 wrote:I can't lit the torch because obviously I don't have the full image since I can't see what I'm supposed to light the torch with. I tried to change my screen resolution but it doesn't change anything. Am I the only one to experience this problem?

I''m also having the problem. Is this an issue with just the mac version? The left side of the tree does not show on my screen either. I tried restarting the game - still no flame to light the torch.

jrob15
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jrob15 on Apr 1, 12 10:26 PM
kfitzzy wrote:
mariepierre972 wrote:I can't lit the torch because obviously I don't have the full image since I can't see what I'm supposed to light the torch with. I tried to change my screen resolution but it doesn't change anything. Am I the only one to experience this problem?

I found it. Back out once from Grave and then go once towards the Church there is a Flaming lantern there you can light the torch.

I cannot move toward the Church.

Paul4455
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Paul4455 on Apr 4, 12 6:07 PM
MarkAlan wrote:Like "Small Town Terrors: Livingston" this game can not be played with the latest Nvidia drivers due to constant flashing. The developers still haven't addressed the previous game, so I'm betting this will suffer the same fate.

tHIS IS EXACTLY THE PROBLEM i'M HAVING. It flashes and I can't even sign in.

[Post New]by tucker3lambs on Apr 4, 12 8:23 PM
hello. the game will not even install and i have been trying to install it since i purchased it. if i cannot get it to install than i need to get another game in its place

Sparrow1
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by Sparrow1 on Apr 4, 12 8:26 PM
jrob15 wrote:
kfitzzy wrote:

I found it. Back out once from Grave and then go once towards the Church there is a Flaming lantern there you can light the torch.

I cannot move toward the Church.

Not the mausoleum, the church. Go back one from the grave and then move left toward that huge ornament church. The lantern is there.

---Sparrow

Paul4455
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Paul4455 on Apr 4, 12 8:49 PM
christaruth wrote:Download Nvadia 285.58 and the game will work perfectly. AS for startinmg over everytime you go back in is another queastion.

Listen to this person. download NVidia 285.58 and set it up. It absolutely works! I had the trouble with it flashing so i couldn't even put my name in. I have 2 nvidia geforce GTX 9600 1 gb cards in my computer with the latest drivers and the famous "285.58" driver.

Grannynoo
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by Grannynoo on Apr 6, 12 5:33 PM
Can't click on the mushroom in the HO in the fishing hut beside the Rose Tower. It's the last item and no matter what I do it just won't let me collect it.

Can anyone help me.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Apr 6, 12 6:36 PM
this game d/l and installed fine. just won't open to be played. i get an 'access violation" msg, which Keith from customer service helped me with thru microsoft, d/l a program that helps with access. still no go. i am taking that as a sign that i am not supposed to play or buy this game. kismet.
off to find something else to play...

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Apr 10, 12 8:41 PM
Paul4455 wrote:
christaruth wrote:Download Nvadia 285.58 and the game will work perfectly. AS for startinmg over everytime you go back in is another queastion.

Listen to this person. download NVidia 285.58 and set it up. It absolutely works! I had the trouble with it flashing so i couldn't even put my name in. I have 2 nvidia geforce GTX 9600 1 gb cards in my computer with the latest drivers and the famous "285.58" driver.

Count me as one of the people who is also having flashing graphics problems. Seeing as how my NVidia driver is on version 296.10, I am not going to roll my driver that far back to play a recently released game. I'm going to go see if it will run on my laptop, but I wanted to add my voice to the mix of people having this problem. Considering how basic troubleshooting 101 is to make sure we all have the latest drivers, it is not a good thing to have the solution for NVidia card users be to have to roll back several versions to be able to play. I hope the developers can make their game compatible with current video card drivers.

Thanks!

ritchieprod
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by ritchieprod on Jul 8, 12 5:59 PM
Here's a curious glitch. When I launched the game, it did not prompt me to set up a profile, but just started the game. When I quit, it did not save ANYTHING. It wanted me to start a new game. Nice game, but not enough to start over again. Any fixes for that?

ingridjp
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by ingridjp on Jul 16, 12 5:34 PM
I cannot get the garret key to open the garret at the gate to the cemetery. I have referred to the Walkthrough and know where it should go, but the graphics are sketchy and there is no real outlined keyhole to insert it into to open it and then place the guard's body into. I haven't seen this problem referred to anywhere else, but I the game has given me no problems thus far,so....

ingridjp
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by ingridjp on Jul 16, 12 5:44 PM
Sorry! I meant the gibbet key will not unlock the gibbet (I was referring to it in previous post as garret).

bplh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by bplh on Mar 10, 13 4:33 AM
BIG BUGS

I put the locket and Lillie's on the grave, the missing letter on the gravestone, and
Tidied it up with the shovel. The items disappeared from my inventory, the man is not
satisfied, and the grave is still undone. VERY frustrating and I haven't got the heart to try and redo. Please give me my money back, and do us all a favour and test these games properly before you release them. I am sick of paying good money for rubbish.
Big Fish used to be good. If this carries on I'm out.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on May 22, 13 7:35 AM
Same problem with flashing screen here, too!! I thought it might be a nice game I could pick up for $2.99 in the Catch of the Week sale this week... but the flashing was so bad for me that I couldn't even get past the opening screen, I finally had to exit manually.

Without being able to give the demo a try to see if I like the game or not I won't buy it. Oh, well... I still own a couple or three dozen games I haven't ever played yet... or that have been started and not yet finished.

Classicaljazz

Go to: