deijiara
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

Re:Post any Life Quest® 2: Metropoville technical issues here only

[Post New]by deijiara on Apr 1, 12 5:26 PM
I can't even get the full version installed. "Error in the unpacking. Code 2. Report to author."

[Post New]by Dolphin__Girl on Apr 2, 12 7:16 AM
TroyeMB1 wrote:bfgCimarron,

I'd love to start the game and turn off the widescreen option... but, since the game starts in widescreen (which my monitor won't support) I don't have that option --- all I see once the game starts is "monitor doesn't support this resolution, please reset resolution and restart game"... no start screen comes up so I can turn the widescreen option off...

That's my issue too...I wish they had set it up so that us mere mortals could just get into the settings page, because I can hear the sound while I look at the "input not supported" blank screen.

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Apr 2, 12 10:22 AM
I can't even start downloading it. It just keeps crashing Firefox. Judging from all the issues posted, I'm not even gonna bother messing it. Shame since I have a free coupon from Grave Mania not working either after I bought it. At this rate there's certainly no reason for me to reinstate my game membership...

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 3, 12 4:55 AM
Hi Fishies,

The "Input Not Supported" message may be related to your video card needing an update to properly display the game, and steps on how to find this may be found here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Similarily, I recommend following the steps in the help article above if you're experiencing freezes or crashes.

deijiara, try fully uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

If you had already tried the suggestions above and they didn't help, please get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

[Post New]by Lauren1256 on Apr 3, 12 1:53 PM
Hello. I am having problems with this game.

The install went of without any issues, but whenever I attempt to start the game it shows that film at the begining of the game, I get to type in a name and when I click ok the game crashes.

Can anyone help me figure out what is wrong please?

[Post New]by Moondark on Apr 3, 12 8:25 PM
TroyeMB1 wrote:According to another poster in this forum, the game starts out in wide screen format... Not having a large screen on my computer, I downloaded the game on my husband's computer --- sure enough, it starts out wide screen...

Will there be a fix for this so that those of us not blessed with large screen monitors (or playing on laptops) will be able to play? (I can't afford to buy a game I can only play by kicking my husband off his computer...)

I had this trouble, when I tried to change my screen setting in the options menu of the game and restarted the game, It gave me a pop-up box.

NO_GRAPHICS_DEVICE_TITLE at the top of the window
and
! NO_GRAPHICS_DEVICE_TEXT in the box

Game will no longer run at all. Removing the game and reinstalling does not reset the options back to the original settings. So it feels like I wasted 10 dollars now.

[Post New]by paintingchef on Apr 4, 12 7:48 AM
My issue is also related to graphics and resolution. I don't have a widescreen monitor either but I prefer to play game sin windowed mode because that way I can keep an eye on everything else I SHOULD be doing instead. But when I try to switched to windowed mode, I'm just told that my resolution doesn't support it. I've tried every dingle screen resolution option on my computer and nothing works. This is a really irritating problem... is there a fix?

Thanks!

[Post New]by loops82 on Apr 4, 12 2:05 PM
I am working around the wide screen issue but if I turn that off it gets worse as apparently the full screen view is more than double my monitor size?? I have tried to turn off the full screen but it is telling me that my resolution will not support window view. My res is currently 1024 x 768, what do I need to change it to so that I can turn full screen off?

Thanks

[Post New]by frickineh on Apr 4, 12 3:01 PM
I had the same problem as the first poster, with the game freezing when I tried to buy 3 items at the same time in the furniture shop. I would also like to have it in windowed mode, but none of my resolutions are supported either, I guess.

[Post New]by Exaddams on Apr 4, 12 10:00 PM
valih wrote:The game crashes before I can even start playing!
I can launch the game, but as soon as I enter a name for my profile, the game closes and I'm back to desktop, without any error message.
Worst part is, everytime I want to try again after changing some settings (as recommended in the help pages) I have to watch the introduction video again, which gets annoying pretty fast.
i loved the first life quest and I reeeeaaally want to play this one!!
Anyone having the same problem?

I Have the same problem !! And I'm agreeing : intro video starts to be very annoying ! Did you solve the crashing ? Is there anyone fo help... Please ?

[Post New]by aergosling on Apr 5, 12 11:44 AM
I am experimenting a problem with this game. After that unstoppable intro (which can become annoying after a bunch of times trying to see if there's any difference), while trying to create a profile, as I input the name and then place "ok", the game crashes. Sometimes there's an error information: that *something* tried to access ... *...*. I'd really enjoy to try out and even buy this game, but this problem really prevents it.
How may I solve it?

Edited on 04/05/2012 at 11:47:56 AM PST

[Post New]by helenetrembl on Apr 5, 12 6:03 PM
[The game crashes before I can even start playing!
I can launch the game, but as soon as I enter a name for my profile, the game closes and I'm back to desktop, without any error message.
Worst part is, everytime I want to try again after changing some settings (as recommended in the help pages) I have to watch the introduction video again, which gets annoying pretty fast.

I've got the same problem!!

[Post New]by sublime2415 on Apr 6, 12 10:06 PM
I am having the widescreen issue, found a wa;y around that thanks to my techy hubby but when I went to continue the game I started yesterday, I no longer had ANY of my info but my name, and I don't see myself starting over on this for it to happen again. please help big fish!! this is very disappointing, i loved this game.

[Post New]by fahmah on Apr 7, 12 7:07 AM
I am having a similar problem to others, in that the game will load through the intro, but when it comes to entering a name it crashes. I have tried all the suggestions given, and none have fixed the problem. I should state that the demo version worked in full, and I have successfully played the game since buying it, it just seems that something has gone wrong with it today.

Lavender101
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Lavender101 on Apr 7, 12 4:26 PM
I managed to play this game through twice and was about a third of the way through with the third profile I created when it locked up my high-end gaming system. When I tried to get back in, all my profiles were gone and it won't let me create a new one because it gives me an access violation error everytime I try. Yikes! I uninstalled and reinstalled but no luck.

[Post New]by wiplaj on Apr 8, 12 2:16 AM
valih wrote:The game crashes before I can even start playing!

I have the same problem. Please tell me how to solve the issue if you learn how to

[Post New]by Thamra on Apr 8, 12 4:33 AM
Lauren1256 wrote:Hello. I am having problems with this game.

The install went of without any issues, but whenever I attempt to start the game it shows that film at the begining of the game, I get to type in a name and when I click ok the game crashes.

Same for me. Please fix this, I'm going insane trying every solution you recommend.

[Post New]by fajkus on Apr 8, 12 7:15 AM
Thamra wrote:
Lauren1256 wrote:Hello. I am having problems with this game.

Same for me, with Hp nootebok. Can anyone help me?

Lavender101
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Lavender101 on Apr 8, 12 12:15 PM
This doesn't by chance have something to do with the new DRM, does it? The reason I say that is because I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and uninstalled Adobe Flash Player and tried it without and installed the latest Flash Player and tried it with that and I can't think of anything else to try and the game did work fine for a while in the beginning and now all my saved games are gone. Something's fishy!!! (pun intended)

[Post New]by little_sparkle on Apr 8, 12 4:01 PM
I'm having the same problems as a lot of people - I played the full demo, then purchased and reloaded it fine. Played for another hour then my laptop just turned off. Now I have tried reloading it - my saved game has gone and I get the crash after typing in my name. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it and nothing. Updating my graphics drivers now so will try that, but I don't get how it can work fine for so long then just stop working because it suddenly needs a graphics update?

ETA: The driver update did nothing. Going to try uninstalling, restarting my laptop and then installing again.

Edited on 04/08/2012 at 4:04:06 PM PST

Go to: