Disappointing Sequel

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Apr 10, 12 3:08 AM
This is a review of the entire game. I liked the first Life Quest game better and was disappointed by this sequel. The games are similar, but I think that many of the changes in the sequel have made the game monotonous.

There are pie graph objectives where you select from 12 main objectives. Each one has 3 sub-objectives that you have to complete in order. That is, you have to complete the easiest sub-objective first, then the 2nd, and then the 3rd to complete that objective. Note that you do not have to complete one main objective before moving to the next one. You can select them in any order, but must do them from easiest to hardest within each main category. So there are a total of 36 Objectives that must be completed.

The first problem I had was that the Objectives forced you to change careers. Since the Pro Athlete paid the highest salary, I started preparing for that as soon as I could. I started as a Tutor, then an Instructor, then Professor, and Dean, then a Pro Athlete. Then one of the objectives forces you to become a Beat Cop and work your way up to Chief of Police. Then you have to become a Doctor. I was already a Pro Athlete, so I would downgrade myself to complete the objective, and then go back to being a Pro Athlete.

One of the objectives requires you to watch the home team win a championship, another one requires you to win the "Knoble" Prize, and another requires you to become Mayor. It was very monotonous. For the championship, you have to watch a game every day (you can just see the result). For the Prize, you have to research about 20 articles, but only one a day. For Mayor, you have to campaign every day until the next election. For the Championship, you watch a game a day, but your team loses. So you have to do it for about another 20 days, and they might lose again. You have to keep doing it until they win. For the research, you just keep clicking on research until it's completed. So I would just wake up, eat, go to the University, conduct research, and go home and sleep. Then do the same thing the next day for 20 days. It was similar with running for Mayor, except you campaign every day.

You can't buy a refrigerator and eat at home, so you had to eat out. You never see your spouse in the house and must call them on the phone to meet with them. Finally, all the special effects kept cluttering the screen, so I turned them off.

One thumb up and one down. I rate it a 7 out of 10.

Edited on 04/10/2012 at 3:12:20 AM PST

DISAPPOINTING NOT LIKE THE FIRST ONE AT ALL NOT FUN

[Post New]by angelace4177 on Apr 13, 12 4:36 PM
I have played the first one and love, love, loved it so much that I couldnt wait till the second one came out. I was so excited that I just bought it without playing the demo version. I have to say after playing through the whole game it was disappointing because they changed some key things that made the first one really good, like the challenges against opponents and now you have the choice to play against the opponent but you only get to play through the first two challenges and not the third one. Also you cant buy appliances for your home like the first one, no fridge, no stove, no microwave, so you have to keep eating food at the restaurant. The best part about the second life quest is that you can go to the moon and your happiness will not go down for 3-5 days. Its not really challenging at all except for being the mayor, I guess.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

Re:Reviews for Life Quest® 2: Metropoville

[Post New]by Jurinne on Sep 14, 12 9:07 PM
(Based on the part of the demo I played before I finally managed to escape): I am very sorry, but this is the worst game I have played here. I never played the first game, this was all new to me, and I could not find the menu. I could not get out! I finally decided to click anywhere and everywhere and if that didn't work for a few minutes I was going to shut down my computer.

I was frustrated almost to the point of tears.

I NEVER, NEVER want to play this game again!

I'm happy that people like it. I wish I did. But I felt like I was being held hostage or something. If there was a menu anywhere I didn't see it with all the stuff thrown in front of me.

It was worse than "Escape from New York."

Whew! I'm glad that's over!!

[Post New]by whirled_peas on Oct 21, 12 3:26 PM
OMG - I love this game. I dearly hope there will be more. Fun gameplay - I think I've played it about 15 or 20 times. My college boys and their girlfriends love it as well. Graphics are really cute. It's been a few months since I've played and I think that's what I'm gonna' do this afternoon. Can't say enough good things about it. Really a lot of fun.

GamerCouple
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by GamerCouple on Oct 23, 13 3:57 PM
I liked this game a lot. I was hankering for a simulation-style game and this made me happy. The gameplay is smooth, the images and Flash-style animations are cute and thematic, and overall it goes for about as long as you think a casual game should run. I like the "wedge" achievement system too. It's very clear and easy to understand. Traveling was a blast as well--loved that! The postcards at the end of each trip made me laugh. I also loved going to the amusement park. This is such a lovely, lighthearted little game.

The college/post-grad education system was inspired. I also really liked the gym system; it took me a while to understand that if you want to get ahead in this game quickly, SPOILER AHEAD: you need to get your athletics way up fast because it gives you extra timeslots, and buy lots of pets because they make you happier every day. There were so many cute little aspects to this game that even on the third go-round I was still discovering. And once you hit the time limit, it lets you keep playing, which is nice (Farmington Tales drives me crazy with its hard limit). It's not violent or overly sexualized at all, either.

I really wish there were more decoration options--I know there's probably a hard limit to that, but I wish there were. The clothes options are super-cute and I want more. I love that you can customize color options in most of these and encourage a LQ3 to do more of that as well. I'd also like to see a bit better balance--at the beginning, it's just about impossible to progress quickly, but by mid-end game, money flows like water and it's very rare to have trouble at all meeting goals. I also would love to see the investment options play more of a role in the game--I felt like I was throwing my money down a well and didn't ever figure out how to work with investments, and that's a part of the game that I think developers put a lot of work into, so I'd really like to play with it! As others have mentioned, marriage and children really aren't a lot of fun. Once you get married, there isn't much you can really do with a spouse that you can't do with a boyfriend/GF, and as for kids, they largely are just one more thing to remember to do at the end of the day.

Overall, I give it 8/10 and will recommend it to anybody who wants a violence-free simulation game to while the time away with.

Go to: