Re:safe combination from family tree

[Post New]by Annehf on May 31, 12 4:52 AM
The safe puzzle is a very frustrating one. I finally found out that you receive a random number from the family tree once you place all the portraits in their correct place. You must be careful to seat them carefully in their correct spots or the family tree will not give up it's number. Once this is done the family tree disappears and the number is enterred into your diary. My number was 56823 but I believe everyone will get a different 5 digit code as it is a random number generator. Don't concentrate on the roman numerals which appear on the family tree. This is a red herring. Just concentrate on making sure the portraits are in their correct place.

[Post New]by ejacks on Sep 11, 13 9:17 AM
I played this game today.... I got all the way to the family tree - I filled in all the correct slots of the tree - and then my tree suddenly disappeared??? I checked the diary, however there is no picture of it in the diary, which means I have no safe combination, which means I am unable to finish the game! How annoying!

[Post New]by kmbjbb on Apr 24, 14 11:55 AM
I did as was suggested earlier. I changed to the advanced level, clicked skip, and that put Elizabeth's portrait where it needed to be as it was stuck. Code went to the journal. I then changed back to the Casual level and was able to enter the code. Have now finished the full game including bonus extra play. Other than this little blip, great game.

Go to: