Re:Post any Alice and the Magic Gardens technical issues here only

[Post New]by aneword on Apr 9, 12 11:33 PM
Why can't I access Fantasia Land having completed all other levels? It remains blacked out.

Regards

skamosha
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by skamosha on Apr 10, 12 10:27 AM
I am having similar but slightly different issues as everyone else on this forum. When I bought the game, it also did not save my progress from the demo, and it opened in a smaller screen. When I opened the demo I got a cryptic message saying the screen resolution wasn't sufficient for windowed mode, and full screen had been disabled, yet it opened full screen. After buying, when I got the small screen, I went to Options and clicked on full screen, got the same message, and the full screen.

I have not had any issue with progress being saved - when I quit I get an option box that indicates progress will be saved if I exit.

BUT then the fun begins. I always get the access violation when exiting. Several times my screen has darkened a bit and frozen completely. Can't get back to desktop, do C+A+D, nothing. Have to take the battery out to shut down.

When it does shut down, my desktop looks fine until I restart the next time, then the resolution has reset to the lowest possible. I have to right click on the desktop, access Properties, and reset it. This same scenario plays out when it freezes my computer - when I restart the resolution is at its lowest.

Very disappointed in such a buggy game - with so many people having problems it clearly is not an "individual computer" problem. And thousands of people run Norton antivirus, so making a game that doesn't play nicely with it is just lazy on the developers' part.

Since I am able to play the game, and I am enjoying it, I am not asking for a refund. But I am disappointed in Big Fish on this one and hope you will speak to the devs about improving their performance. Actually, I'd really like an update to fix these issues. That would be the BFG customer service I know and love!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 12, 12 12:34 PM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to let you know that we've just released an updated version of Alice and the Magic Gardens that includes these fixes:

- minimizes the risk of losing saved profiles.

- adds a new "Relaxed Mode"

You can get the updated version by uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Here's a great help article that goes over how to do that:

Uninstall/Reinstall a Game

I've also created a new Technical Issues thread for the game, so we can keep track of things that come up after this update:

Post any Alice and the Magic Gardens technical issues here only

If you have any further trouble with the game, please post in the new thread as I'm going to lock this one now as well.

Thanks!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: