Re:Post any House of 1000 Doors: The Palm of Zoroaster technical issues here only

[Post New]by kadokakid on Apr 6, 12 8:36 PM
Having the same problem with the empty "items to find" in the Tibet scene. Stuck!!! I hope you can fix this!

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

Re:Post any House of 1000 Doors: The Palm of Zoroaster technical issues here only

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Apr 6, 12 8:52 PM
Does anyone have a solution to the missing green gem and no hint button problem? I can't proceed any further.

kimcol
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by kimcol on Apr 7, 12 10:10 AM
I'm having the problem with the HO scene in Tibet, as well. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the fact that i previously downloaded from the developer's site, and continued this demo where that one left off? I was happy to see when BF offered the game, but now I'm hesistant to buy it. I think I'll start over with a new profile and see what happens, first.
Started over with a new profile and did not ecounter the problem with the HO scene. Now I feel comfortable buying the game. Yay

Edited on 04/07/2012 at 10:54:35 AM PST

[Post New]by player1964 on Apr 8, 12 6:38 AM
hi , I am stuck with the no green gem too! do i uninstall and reinstall?? And do I have to start the game all over again?? Any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Apr 8, 12 4:56 PM
Do not pick up the green gem until you cross over and get the red gem. I started over and did this and it worked. I was able to proceed and get the boomerang.

[Post New]by sjbrite on Apr 10, 12 10:45 AM
I'm at the very end of the game and can't open the compartment to get the fireball. I finally went to the stradegy guide to get the answer and that didn't work either. I'd like to finish the game, but am stuck as long as the sequence isn't working.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Apr 12, 12 12:42 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to swim in with some extra help. For those running into the issue with the green gem, this is an issue our team is currently looking into. If you write into Customer Support one of our reps will be able to help you individually with your purchase, and this can help us better track the issue. (Clicking the blue text will take you to more information on how to do this)

If you’re are able to, one thing that will help is to attach a Dr. Felix with your question so that we can see what kind of systems are being affected.

For those whose Hidden Object scene isn’t working or you can’t pick up items I would first try uninstalling and reinstalling your game. This won’t lose your place in the game but can help make sure that it’s responding as it should.

If the game is having performance issues, I would try the steps at this help article here Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen as I’ve found they can help.

Of course if you’re still running into trouble after trying these steps, I would definitely get in touch with Customer Support also. That way a rep can help individually to come to the best resolution.

I hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Apr 14, 12 7:55 AM
Same problem as when first tried this game...d/l fine, hit play, game came up and just 'froze' with music running in an 'endless loop'...did nothing...but...this time did not have to shut down puter, did ctrl/alt/del and ended task...so uninstalled .... fourth time for this game....sadly...no buy!

and sorry to miss this 'one day' bonus on CEs sale for this game...great reviews and happy gaming to those that it 'runs'...

probaby221
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by probaby221 on Apr 14, 12 12:02 PM
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM....I REINSTALL THE GAME AND A NEW PROFILE..NOW ITS WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Apr 14, 12 2:00 PM
My cursor was horrible, it would keep sticking. Changed to the system cursor and it moved alright and then all of a sudden it got the custom cursor stuck on to the end of it so it was a bastardized version of a cursor. It would move a little, and then the custom cursor part of it would stick. I was trying to decide between 2 games, so this made the choice easy.

Mich3186
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Mich3186 on Apr 16, 12 8:14 AM
unanymous wrote:
Mitchellm wrote:I'm having problems even earlier. My first Tibetan HO scene keeps repeating with no objects to search for. The hint button just sends me back to th same spot. Does no one on BFG offer solutions to thes sorts of problems?.

I'm experiencing the same thing in the Tibetan square area that has the HO scene on the right, which I completed. The map keeps showing this as an area that has an activity to complete. When I go back into the HO scene, the list of things to find is empty, so I scour it anyway, looking for, perhaps, a morphing object that I might have missed. Nothing. When I exit the completed HO scene and hit the hint button, it circles the completed HO scene again. What gives with this? Is it a glitch in the game, or am I being obtuse here? Hope someone can help us both here.

The same thing is happening to me. I keeping getting sent to that hidden object seen with nothing to find. Very frustrating!

vicky066
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by vicky066 on Apr 16, 12 1:26 PM
any one have issues picking up crown in the jewruslem section?? AM frozen out

pjenks
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by pjenks on Apr 17, 12 5:01 PM
Cannot open to get fireball, used guide but still not open. very close to end of game would like to finish also extra will not open until.

[Post New]by Shaunie814 on Apr 17, 12 9:28 PM
So I played the demo and really liked this game so I went ahead and purchased it. Alas, I *cannot* finish the game because it keeps crashing on me. It would freeze up my entire computer and cause it to reboot. But when I restart the game after reboot, all my progress is gone. I can't do *anything*. Inventory is wiped and I cannot move to a new screen.

This is *very* frustrating. I was close to finishing the game when this happened. So I deleted my profile and created a brand new one and everything was going fine.... then the game crashed again. So I went ahead and reinstalled the game only to find out that my progress was lost again.

I checked my system requirements and they are up to spec. So I really don't know what to do. I'm hoping for a bug fix perhaps?

Has anyone else encountered this issue? If so, how did you resolve this? Thanks in advance.

[Post New]by sgtrock754 on Apr 18, 12 12:25 PM
Same problem as everyone else with the green gem and no hints working. we paid a lot of money for this game and I think it is disgusting that the problems have not been fixed. Time you did something about I think

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on Apr 18, 12 12:50 PM
Sometimes when my memory gets low, my computer shuts off. I wait 15 minutes, then turn it back on. I know this isn't the cause of the problem I'm having with the game. It shut off on me, and when I started to play it again, my inventory items were all missing. This happen to me with the first House-1000 Doors game also. Never did finish it. This time I was in the second door, so maybe I'll restart the game if I have to. .

Isn't it funny how the demo's work fine, and then after we BUY the game, we get these tech problems?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 19, 12 12:50 PM
Hi Fishies,

Just wanted to swim in here and let you know that an updated version of this game was just released!

This updated version of the game fixes the following issues:

- the green gem that disappears in the room with elephants.

- the cart hidden object scene in Tibet

You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article with those steps:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, you can reinstall the trial version to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems getting the update, or with the game itself, please contact our Tech Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and from there, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 19, 12 12:54 PM
I also wanted to add that for those of you who are running into other issues with the game, please check out the help page below for some first troubleshooting steps that we find usually do get things fixed:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

But if those suggestions don't help, please get in touch with our Tech Support team. They'll be able to really delve into the problem and work with you to get everything resolved.

The post below goes over how to contact them and send them info about your specific issue:

How do I contact Tech Support?

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

brandy914
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by brandy914 on Apr 23, 12 10:49 AM
I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and still have the same issue with the HO scene in Tibet. Going to contact CS but I sure hope I do not have to start all over again.

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Apr 28, 12 5:09 PM
Same here Brandy - I also uninstalled and reinstalled twice - I also don't want to start over. Very disappointing.

Is anyone still looking at this issue?

Go to: