JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

Re:Electrical box is not sparking. It's inactive.

[Post New]by JanG7 on Apr 7, 12 2:57 PM
Thanks to everyone with the radio solution. FINALLY finished the game!

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Apr 8, 12 2:12 AM
Thank you every one at last finished the game I was clicking on the buttons not the speech

[Post New]by darlened on Apr 11, 12 2:33 AM
Thank you, Elaine. Clicking the coast guard conv. did it!

lisanti
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by lisanti on Apr 12, 12 6:22 PM
I add my thanks to Elaine - you should write the next walkthrough!

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on Apr 19, 12 12:18 PM
Elaine1709 wrote:Just discovered that you have to keep clicking on the conversation with the coastguard. Eventually he agrees to come to help then everything clicks into place.

Elaine, your tip rescued me from a meltdown. It was so frustrating to get near the end of the game and be stuck! Had to keep at that conversation--I think the Devs might have done better with this one thing.

emerance
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by emerance on Apr 19, 12 2:43 PM
Thank you so much!!!! I was stuck at the exact same place as everyone else and found out then that I had to click on the dialog to keep the CG on the line. I agree with everyone - the guide and hints were of no help whatsoever!

Thanks, Fishies!!!

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Apr 20, 12 2:36 PM
Add my "thank you" to Elaine1709!!! I had the unlit torch, and tried and tried but could get not get the wires to spark. I went back for about the 20th time to the radio, reset the dials - again -, and clicked on every bit of conversation...and it finally worked!

Good game but a bit frustrating there at the end!!

Thank you again!

mommadink
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by mommadink on Apr 20, 12 6:38 PM
Thank you, Elaine. You saved me from throwing my laptop across the room! No, not really, but I was able to finish the game and am now happy, happy.

[Post New]by clk226 on Apr 22, 12 7:29 PM
kbug1317 wrote:Finally got it! After you initiate conversation on the radio, click on the response from the coast guard at the bottom of the screen (you have to actually click on the words) and conversation will keep going, radio will blow up, wires will spark. whew!

Thank you so much for your post! I kept playing the conversation over and over without realizing you actually had to click on the words! Finally finished!

[Post New]by reidun70 on May 2, 12 4:54 AM
thank you elaine. i glad someone can help when im stuck in a game.thanks from a norwegian woman ))

Mich3186
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Mich3186 on May 6, 12 6:11 PM
I was in the same boat as everyone else. - I finally got it! I don't know if it's partly my computer but I had a real hard time to get the radio working again but finally made it through! The guide definitely could have been clearer on that. I was ready to toss my computer out the window.

Edited on 05/06/2012 at 6:34:21 PM PST

spenny1
Catfish
Catfish
1,637 Posts

[Post New]by spenny1 on May 9, 12 8:33 AM
Thank goodness for the forums! Thanks guys!

GreenMyEyes
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by GreenMyEyes on May 21, 12 10:24 AM
I was having all these same problems, but then I finally remembered the fact (that I found in this forum) that the strategy guide has a scroll bar! Then the strategy guide made perfect sense.

[Post New]by sheilanuttell on Jun 30, 12 6:30 AM
done the game twice same thing happened should have looked at forum /////////////////////

[Post New]by KENDALLA on Aug 6, 12 6:19 PM
Tigrisan wrote:I have no sparking wires anywhere, the pole is missing that I need to pry the big gate in the floor of the lighthouse open and I have no gas tank now either. I have a pole with rum covered cotton and a makeshift glass cutter. That's it.

I think there's a problem with the bonus game though I downloaded my game after the update...

"YES!!" I didn't have 'sparking wires', either. PLUS, I can't get the bloody CORK out of the SINK, using the AWL, as the GUIDE suggests! Do I need to UPDATE?
Kendalla

[Post New]by KENDALLA on Aug 6, 12 6:23 PM
elijah5 wrote:Look at the first building you encountered by the docks. On the left hand side you should see the electrical wires sparking.

"I've been ALL OVER the outside of the light house and NADA. NO SPARKING WIRES. I even tried holding the rum soaked cotton to the sky, hoping the lightening would strike it!! Still can't get the CORK out of the SINK, using the AWL as the 'guide' suggests. I just get the message, "I think there's a better use for this." UGH. I'm soooo close to the end. Someone please help?
Kendalla

Bluecassie37
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Bluecassie37 on Oct 22, 12 9:09 AM
I didn't get sparks outside until I had played the radio minigame to speak to someone. Then the electrics get cut and you can access the sparking wires.

drakare
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by drakare on Oct 27, 12 11:08 AM
finale, well I finished the game thank all of you for the heads up Kbug and elaine.
goes to show you the butler always does it and gets caughtlol

[Post New]by Katrien_54 on Jan 20, 13 10:48 AM
clk226 wrote:
kbug1317 wrote:Finally got it! After you initiate conversation on the radio, click on the response from the coast guard at the bottom of the screen (you have to actually click on the words) and conversation will keep going, radio will blow up, wires will spark. whew!

Thank you so much for your post! I kept playing the conversation over and over without realizing you actually had to click on the words! Finally finished!

Thanks never would have found it without you

[Post New]by wolf_hounds on Jun 25, 13 1:40 PM
Thanks Elaine 1709 and Kbug. Really irritating, and no help from hint, or strategy guide or diary. Thank goodness for The Forum!

Go to: