amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

Re:Post any Special Enquiry Detail: Engaged to Kill technical issues here only

[Post New]by amj0963 on Apr 8, 12 7:42 PM
burningswan wrote:The game is bigger than my screen. Anything on the end is cut off.

same here

newbe5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by newbe5 on Apr 8, 12 7:58 PM
I have gotten to the cabin in the woodsonce in side I clicked on the left side of screen have to remove screws,from a poster how do you get the screwdriver to turn?

Edited on 04/08/2012 at 8:00:35 PM PST

JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by JanG7 on Apr 9, 12 6:50 AM
paajr wrote:
dpanrell wrote:My game has stopped at the end of Ch. 3. After I get the poster, the hint says there is nothing to do at each location. I found a walkthrough and according to it, you begin Ch. 4 after taking down the poster. I looked on the map and there is nowhere else to go except where I am. Did anyone else have this problem? Game has woked just fine up until this.

Ditto. I had the same problem! Deleted my user and retried the game again just to make sure that I have not done something wrong. It froze again! I am thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but I am not sure that I want to start the game over for a 3rd time!

Combine the business card and the cell phone in your inventory and you will make a phone call. This will get you to chapter 4.

[Post New]by luckyconey1029 on Apr 9, 12 11:49 AM
Hello Everyone!
How do you get the brief case from under the furniture I think it's chapter 6

userfree
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by userfree on Apr 9, 12 8:16 PM
dpanrell wrote:My game has stopped at the end of Ch. 3. After I get the poster, the hint says there is nothing to do at each location. I found a walkthrough and according to it, you begin Ch. 4 after taking down the poster. I looked on the map and there is nowhere else to go except where I am. Did anyone else have this problem? Game has woked just fine up until this.
I am in the same place as you; no problems up to now and can't get to chapter 4. I'm hoping I don't have to start the game over. Suggestions anyone? BFG?

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Apr 10, 12 11:28 AM
DBell5310 wrote:i don't know how to get the image of the killer off of the security camera in the bookstore

In your inventory there should be a black cable. Give it to the woman and she'll "fix the camera and put the photo on the desk beside the till.

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Apr 10, 12 11:32 AM
elana65 wrote:I am in chapter 4 at the book store. I've done the first hog and am talking to the sales lady and have asked her about the bibles and wanting to look at their security camera video, but I can't go any further. I check the hint and it has me going back to the sales lady over and over again and can't go any further in the game. What am I missing?

Check your inventory for a black cable. give it to the girl so that she can "fix" the camera and print out the picture which she will put on the desk beside the till.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 12, 12 6:42 AM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to pop in with a reminder to reserve this thread for technical issues only.

Please ask for game help or hints in this game's Forum in a seperate thread, where other fishies can pop in with suggestions, so we can keep this thread clear for those having technical problems.

Any further hints and tip requests in this thread will be removed by the Moderation Team.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

suehorse
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by suehorse on Apr 13, 12 8:26 AM
I am in Chapter 2 and game freezes and I get "Access Violation" when I try to use Lamonte's phone to take a picture. I am going to try to reinstall and see if that helps. Does anybody have any other suggestions? Thanks.

suehorse
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by suehorse on Apr 13, 12 8:26 AM
I am in Chapter 2 and game freezes and I get "Access Violation" when I try to use Lamonte's phone to take a picture. I am going to try to reinstall and see if that helps. Does anybody have any other suggestions? Thanks.

jlewis228
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by jlewis228 on Apr 13, 12 3:22 PM
suehorse wrote:I am in Chapter 2 and game freezes and I get "Access Violation" when I try to use Lamonte's phone to take a picture. I am going to try to reinstall and see if that helps. Does anybody have any other suggestions? Thanks.

I am having the same problem at the same place. Have uninstalled and am re-installing while searching this forum for answers. Hopefully the reinstallation will help.

[Post New]by 80smom on Apr 13, 12 4:54 PM
suehorse wrote:I am in Chapter 2 and game freezes and I get "Access Violation" when I try to use Lamonte's phone to take a picture. I am going to try to reinstall and see if that helps. Does anybody have any other suggestions? Thanks.
same issue here, I have reinstalled, I have looked in the HELP pages and updated my DirectX, and it still freezes when I pick up Lamonte's phone and try to take it out of inventory----I am really liking this game so far and cannot get past this point---would really like to know if there is a fix for this

flags1
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by flags1 on Apr 20, 12 7:43 AM
I'm having the same problem.
After leaving the sewer -- all locations say "Nothing to do here".
Don't know how to move to the next chapter. I'm sure I need to go to the lab to analyze the ink on the bible -- but no options on the map.

flags1
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by flags1 on Apr 20, 12 7:46 AM
I just saw the hint on how to make the phone call -- and that takes you to chapter 4

Also for those who can't see the menu button to leave the game:

Press the "Windows flag" on your keyboard and it takes you back to your desktop and puts the game on pause.

[Post New]by mystlvr on Apr 22, 12 3:31 PM
The game keeps crashing at the point in chapter two where I'm trying to take a picture of the dead guy hanging from the beam in the basement. I kept getting an error message with a long string of numbers. I uninstalled and then reinstalled the game, using the alternate method for downloading (had to play the game from the begining again!). When I got to the same scene in chapter two, it crashed and gave the same error message - although this time I didn't have to do a hard re-boot on my computer. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. I'm using Windows XP and have never had a problem with a game crashing before. Thanks.

[Post New]by SHABOY on May 1, 12 6:51 AM
paajr wrote:

Ditto. I had the same problem! Deleted my user and retried the game again just to make sure that I have not done something wrong. It froze again! I am thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but I am not sure that I want to start the game over for a 3rd time!

I have the same problem.What should I do?????

[Post New]by sandrabyerly on May 9, 12 6:53 PM
i need to know how to pick up the leaves in the park. please help.i cant go any further. all help will be appreciated

[Post New]by denisejp on May 12, 12 9:06 AM
splaga wrote:I am at the sewer where you have to call but there is no way to call and hint tells me to go back up stairs and then nothing. help

I am having the same problem help

vip4
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by vip4 on May 29, 12 7:29 PM
luckyconey1029 wrote:Hello Everyone!

vip4
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by vip4 on May 29, 12 7:32 PM
luckyconey1029 wrote:Hello Everyone!

Use the grabber and pull forward..................

Go to: