Re:TGT - Coyote`s Tale: Fire and Water

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Jan 29, 09 6:04 AM
Now played for the hour - think it will go on the "buy" list for lean times! You seem to get more involved in it the more you play. Wish it did give YOU the choice of a hint rather than the next thing on the list which always the one you could spot! Do find the graphics a bit dark but overall an OK HO game!

mmaiden42
Stingray
Stingray
5,767 Posts

[Post New]by mmaiden42 on Jan 29, 09 6:10 AM
I have downloaded the demo and will give it a try a little later. I hope I like it. I see it is getting mixed reviews, which a lot of the games do. So until I try it I will keep checking the reviews and watching to see if there is going to be a fix relating to some of the issues here. Pretty large file, but that does not always equal good. Hey Pood and Scot, your reviews are always well thought out and informative. (I am not saying the other reviews don't count, because they do. Thanks to all who take the time to write what they think about the games here.) I always like to see when you have posted. Crossing my fingers on this game.

Edited on 01/29/2009 at 6:12:35 AM PST

redneck57
Catfish
Catfish
1,606 Posts

[Post New]by redneck57 on Jan 29, 09 6:21 AM
I just finished the hour demo. I played the timed mode. Nice graphics and I sort of liked the storyline, except for the silly caracters. The scenes were nice and clear.I think this game would be good for beginner HO gamers. Not challenging enough for me.

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Jan 29, 09 6:24 AM
I won't be buying it either.. One thing I did[/u] like about it is the option to choose list or sillouette mode....... that came in handy.

And whats with the flowers...?? I collected all 5 several times and nothing happened.. I thought it was suppose to give me another heart. Well, it didn't.

I did not like you showing me where an item was....thanks for the help... BUT.. the whole purpose of the game is to let me [u]find them in my own sweet time. So lets keep it simple.... you provide the hints and let me use them as I see fit. Deal...??

Sometimes I have the time and patience to keep on looking and sometimes I just want to find it and move on.. Please let me decide..ok ?
The graphics were okay.. I never read the chats anyway... so the dialog is irrelevant to me. Needless to say the SKIPS were greatly appreciated.
I realize that you can't please everybody..but there are some basic things we are looking for in a game... ( should I just speak for myself..? )

To name a few.[u].
1.Skips on mini puzzles please..actually it would be nice if you had a "show me" option where you solved the puzzle and we could see how you did it.
2.lots of hints that don't take forever to recharge
3.full screen option
4.no punishments for clicking about like idiots....trying to find something
5. items that are not so teeny weeny or hidden in a black spot on the screen.. Sheesh give us a snowballs chance ok..course if we have plenty of hints I guess it doesn't really matter.
6. The option to choose which item we want you to give us the hint for. Sometimes there are items that I haven't a clue what they are ( the oriental ones for sure ) and if I can select that item and have you give me the clue ... it would be appreciated and I would learn something. Again.. this is not a crutial one if I have plenty of hints.

I"m sure there are other things but I have to get ready for work. Bottom line is guys... we want your games and you want the money.. so lets work together here ok...?

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jan 29, 09 7:07 AM
After playing fifteen minutes of the game, I decided to save the balance of the time for hubby. This particular HO is a bit simple for me at the level of gaming I'm at. But hubby prefers easier point and click and may enjoy it.

Like others have already stated - the font is too small for these middle-aged eye's. Even with 'cheaters' on. The storyline was fine though the characters are quirky and the narration voices didn't seem to flow with the scenes. Only played two min-puzzles and jammed through those without a hiccup. Again, my gaming level is more moderate to hard so others may find these challenging. The graphics are okay though a bit dark in some scenes.

Having the option of Timed or Relaxed was most excellant. As was the choice for a list of the objects or silhouette. Hubby will like that for sure. Might keep him from calling me from the other room to help him. I didn't use the Hint so have no idea how it works.

I think the developers tried their best to give a game that they felt would satisfy the hidden object enthusiast. They were so close and I do wonder if the cultural differences may have inhibited their conceptual intentions.

Would I purchase this game? Not for my personal playing. But if hubby likes it - then yes.

Edited on 01/29/2009 at 7:09:02 AM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 29, 09 7:11 AM
I've decided I'm not going to be buying this one. Yes, there's a skip on minipuzzles, but I don't like skipping any game play. That strategy game where you have to trap the ghost stumped me and I had to skip.

The small font size limits my playing time or I get eye strain.

What really gets me is the "oh you are taking too long, HERE is one of the items!" bit. I'm playing untimed - I want to be able to take ALL the time I want. And I want to find all the items my own self. This particular help feature causes me to want to rush, which defeats the joy of untimed HOs.

Edited on 01/29/2009 at 7:12:52 AM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jan 29, 09 7:12 AM
I did the Demo and thought this was a pretty good game. I wasn't put off by the acting or cartoons. I did not skip any dialogue which I usually do during a Demo. The graphics are beautiful. I had no glitches during the Demo. I played Relaxed mode.

Things I liked:
Graphics
Timed and Relaxed Modes
List option of pictures or text
Collecting flowers to earn more Hints
15 Gods, means 15 levels, and 15 mini-games (I guess)
Story, although a little hokey, is fun.
Ability to skip dialogues and mini-games
Each God gives you something to help you

Things I didn't like:
Being automatically given a Hint while I am still enjoying the hunt
(Maybe that does not happen in Timed mode?)
I noticed the flowers in each scene but was not told to collect them until sometime after the first level. OTOH, you will revisit scenes so you can still get those missed flowers.
Few Hints could be a problem later, maybe, but was not for me during the Demo
(BTW, when I collected 5 flowers they did convert to a heart.)
There could be more things but I just did not have any big annoying dislike.

One thought, in Native American myth, Coyote is a Trickster so i am wondering if that will come into play later in the game. Could be a Trick down the road.

I thought this was a good HO that i would like to play. Am debating as to whether or not to use my last credit. May wait until Feb. and get it. I don't want to buy another coupon yet, have too many other expenses right now and I really overdid it during the holidays - LOL!

mews
Salmon
Salmon
2,854 Posts

[Post New]by mews on Jan 29, 09 7:15 AM
I only played about 10 minutes into the trial, my cursor was sluggish and erratic and I can't see the usual stuff to disable to sort that out, so very frustrating and I couldn't bear to play any more.
For me, a little too easy to find objects, I only got to the the first mini-game which was nigh on impossible to move anything because of the way my cursor was behaving, so I can't really comment on mini-games.

tix48
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by tix48 on Jan 29, 09 7:40 AM
I try real hard not to complain but not even bothering with this game I am really getting sick of all the HO games BF is throwing out. They lately are concentrating on HO games more then anything else I dont know maybe I will end up cancelling my account if there only going to do HO games. I dont mind HO games but being saturated with them is to much for me! so I really dont care how good or bad this game is I wont even try it.
Now some people can jump down my throat for saying this but Its just How I feel Not saying its all anyone else feels But its really becoming annoying for me.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jan 29, 09 7:47 AM
I understand your frustration, tix. I'm a Platformer fan and nothing has been released since last summer's Alex Gordon. The developers are busy with HO's and TM's since it seems those are the most requested the last two years. And they make money for the company's. But they're creating an environment of disgrunteld gamers at the same time when our favorite genre's are constantly overlooked.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 29, 09 7:49 AM
I love HO games - but I would prefer to skip the lower quality ones in favor of other game types. couldn't BFG have found something better than Raigini Island, for example? Lately one of the other game websites that I keep tabs on (but don't buy from) has been having a rash of TM games. Or should I say "dash" of TM games?

[Post New]by patecatl_eq on Jan 29, 09 7:51 AM
Hi everyone.

My name is Matt Shetler, and I was the producer at Merscom on Coyote's Tale: Fire and Water. We're very proud of CT and we plan to follow up the game in new and creative directions.

I appreciate that you're taking the time to give the game a shot, and I love all the responces. Please let me know any likes/dislikes and we'll be using that feedback in the future development of all our products.

As a note, the game evolves as you play (especially the hint system). The automatic hints only apply to the first two levels (which were designed to be very easy anyhow). After that, you will get to choose and earn more hints on your own.

Again, thank you for giving the game a shot. Please let us know your thoughts (good and bad) so that we can tailor our games to be more fun and entertaining in the future.

- Matt (Old Coyote) Shetler

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jan 29, 09 7:54 AM
Welcome to the Pond, Matt.

It's alway's nice to have the producer and developers of a game stop in and see what we've thought of their game/s. Very kind of you to take time out of your busy day to read this thread.

While this particular game of yours didn't quite grab me - I do believe it will satisfy my husband and his level of hidden object games. For that I thank you.

I look forward to your future visits.

[Post New]by patecatl_eq on Jan 29, 09 7:56 AM
bribling wrote:
One thought, in Native American myth, Coyote is a Trickster so i am wondering if that will come into play later in the game. Could be a Trick down the road.

Hmm... I wonder.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jan 29, 09 7:58 AM
patecatl_eq wrote:
bribling wrote:

Hmm... I wonder.

Ah, you Trickster you!

LMFO!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 29, 09 8:01 AM
Thanks Matt! If I know that the automatic hints aren't going to be happening, I'll finish out my demo hour and see if I can stand the tiny font size.

Hmmm.... I wonder if the game would be more fun while listening to one of my "Coyote Run" CDs? Trickster runs on the southern wind.....

Kimmy1971
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by Kimmy1971 on Jan 29, 09 8:04 AM
scotcat wrote:This game needs a graphic acceleration off mode option. It ran like ca-ca on my PC. Pixels were kinda square, the cursor floated around too much to even have the patients to finish the game. The wide screen didn't even cover my whole screen. Too many glitches! With all that aside, the game seems very, very easy. Not enough challenge for me, but then, I didn't get to play very much before I gave up in disgust. I played the relaxed mode.

Mine did the same thing moved like a snail or lost the cursor completely

SSmitty
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,250 Posts

[Post New]by SSmitty on Jan 29, 09 8:05 AM
patecatl_eq wrote:Hi everyone.

My name is Matt Shetler, and I was the producer at Merscom on Coyote's Tale: Fire and Water. We're very proud of CT and we plan to follow up the game in new and creative directions.

I appreciate that you're taking the time to give the game a shot, and I love all the responces. Please let me know any likes/dislikes and we'll be using that feedback in the future development of all our products.

As a note, the game evolves as you play (especially the hint system). The automatic hints only apply to the first two levels (which were designed to be very easy anyhow). After that, you will get to choose and earn more hints on your own.

Again, thank you for giving the game a shot. Please let us know your thoughts (good and bad) so that we can tailor our games to be more fun and entertaining in the future.

Good to see you here, but the game is still a little rough in spots. The jugs puzzle in the first mini-game wouldn't allow me to pour anything from any pot so had to skip it. Made it through the others with no problems and had gotten through nine of the gods in the demo. It did get some what more difficult, but at the same time the same places were the same each visit with just some of the objects to find different. Good game but very easy-in my opinion.

Thanks again for stopping by the forum and introducing yourself.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jan 29, 09 8:06 AM
I skipped as much of the speaking as I could because it was so bad. Two things bothered me most: We kept having to find the same objects over and over, just in different scenes. It got boring. The second was the flowers -- it was supposed to turn into a heart on the fifth flower, but instead it showed me an object that I could have found myself (since it was the same object over and over). I've read now that I should have skipped the 5th one for the first two levels, but I didn't know that then so it got to the point where I didn't even want to collect the flowers because I couldn't use them where I wanted to use them.

I won't be purchasing this one.

Did anyone figure out the water mini puzzle? I couldn't, even though I had figured out the same type puzzle (the milk puzzle) in Robinson Crusoe.

dimajo
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by dimajo on Jan 29, 09 8:08 AM
Had problems with this game, first time ever, my cursur moved everywhere, game stopped now and then, so i played about 30 minutes and the other minutes just waiting and trying to escape the game. The game itself didn t look too bad enjoyed it the time i could play it

Go to: