wvsandy
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

Re:Reviews for Vampire Saga: Break Out

[Post New]by wvsandy on Apr 12, 12 12:20 PM
I really enjoyed this game a lot! I didn't much care for the first Vampire Saga game, and in fact, I haven't even finished it though I've had it for ages. Because of that, I didn't even demo the second game, but decided to go ahead and demo this game out of curiosity. I'm glad I did because I've just spent many enjoyable hours off and on today playing this game. The storyline was one I enjoy - I'm a big fan of the spooky storylines - and the gameplay itself was fun. The hint function was very good and filled up almost instantaneously.

And because I enjoyed this game so much, I went ahead and downloaded the demo of the second game and ended up purchasing it too with one of the free coupons I got from last weekend's sale.

I thought the game was well worth the purchase and time spent on it.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 13, 12 2:50 PM
This is a good game with good hogscenes (but easy ones), interesting storyline and - great - a widescreen option. For me its a buy. Its a good SE.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Apr 13, 12 7:42 PM
This is just my opinion so take it for what ti's worth.
I enjoyed the first two games in this series, but the third game not so much. Some of the puzzles were a little too obtuse for my taste
SPOILER__________________________________________________________

Using a pair of pliers, a wax candle, a hot bolt in tandem to open a drawer seems a bit much. Just not my cup of tea

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on Apr 15, 12 12:31 PM
How did I like this game ?....well let's say on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being good, I would have to stay as far away from 5 as I possibly could. That means I would be safe somewhere between 1 and 2. The other 2 VS games were sooo much better in my opinion, this one just kinda went straight to..........a let down for me!

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Apr 26, 12 4:27 PM
OK game but disappointing in comparison to the other games in this series. What annoyed me the most was the lack of apparent attention to detail in game play. Seemed as if this game was hastily put together and was poorly tested, if at all. There were no major glitches but little errors made for less than enjoyable gameplay. At least it was on the easy side so stumbling around was kept to a minimum.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on May 10, 12 4:22 PM
I love this series. The first one was the best in my opinion. The second one released last year was alright but this one is very spooky and seems to got back what the first one had. I love the black and white cut scenes and I like the new hidden object scenes that this developer has implemented in this game. I will use a coupon on this one. Kudos!

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on May 18, 12 6:38 AM
this game was just ok for me, a little too much hand holding. nice graphics, the soundtrack sounded like lots of others, puzzles were fairly easy

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on May 25, 12 3:48 PM
Loved the first two - hated this one. For me it just didn't play right. I don't mean anything technical but I just don't think the devs put as much effort into this one as the others. Very rough around the edges. IMO I think the only reason the devs changed the HOG to circle mode was because they re-used scenes from one of the previous games. And the "puzzles" for want of a better word to call them, were pathetic.

I really hope the fourth part is as good as the first two, and nothing like the third.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Oct 30, 12 3:32 PM
Yawwwwwwwwwwwwnnnn. I enjoyed the other two, but this one lost something somewhere. So I think I know what the story is about, but the game moves so slowly I'm about to fall asleep...good thing it was only 2.99 and the 1 game left I needed to keep from losing all my game points before the end of the month...why does BF do that!?

Hint and skip buttons refresh quickly. The HOS are fan style and are really easy. No map and this game needs one...back and forth, back and forth and no real direction as to what you are suppose to do. You need the Hint button to move around. Journal is totally useless. I guess there were some puzzles, but I don't remember them...I guess they really made an impression on me.

Custom curser is way too slow so I had to change to the system curser. Way too much dialog...and on and on and on. I give this one a 1.5 . Not finished yet, but have got to take a break before I fall asleep at the keyboard.

Edited on 10/30/2012 at 3:34:10 PM PST

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Apr 17, 13 11:23 AM
I have just now completed #3 in this Trilogy.
Been awhile, so can't remember lots of details from the 1st two,
however it seems to me this does end the story line.
I found it to get a wee bit tedious/repetitive by the time it was drawing to a conclusion,
and I must add {Spoiler}
A bit gory at times, but the ending (though I suppose was justified)
was a bit upsetting. IMHO

{end Spoiler}
They were all 3 fairly good games, and I'm glad I saw them through.
=^,,^=

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Apr 22, 13 9:09 AM
save your money
not one of the better games
mediocre games and puzzles
good story though
mediocre graphics
short game

Jerry99
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by Jerry99 on Apr 25, 13 7:10 PM
I did enjoy this game, the graphics were good, the story a bit different and interesting. The HOS were not too hard or dark and the hint button led to the right geographic locationl. It is a definite buy and I will probably ply it again.

Go to: