Zork1
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:Post any Spirits of Mystery: Song of the Phoenix Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Zork1 on Apr 15, 12 8:11 AM
How disappointing! The game is beautiful, the story interesting, I could have gotten another collector's game free if I had purchased this when it came out.....
The cursor jumped all over, the system cursor did the same. I couldn't move - maybe the developer doesn't like windows 7 or lap tops or me? Crashed and burned. Hope there is a fix before the se comes out. I would LOVE to play this game. When it works.

Re:Post any Spirits of Mystery: Song of the Phoenix Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by rrfranczak3 on Apr 15, 12 1:25 PM
game plays fine until you go through the portal, then the cursor lags, and basically the game is unplayable to continue any further, shame too, think I was up to like chapter 9 or 10, but its pretty consistent with most of BFG games lately most of them have issues

Edited on 04/15/2012 at 1:26:07 PM PST

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

Re:Post any Spirits of Mystery: Song of the Phoenix Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Apr 15, 12 3:31 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to swim in with some extra help. If you’re experiencing a laggy cursor and switching off the Custom Cursor or the steps from this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Aren’t doing the trick I would definitely get in touch with Customer Support. This will help us better track any issues that are going on and a rep can help out personally with your game.

This would be the next best step if you’re also experiencing sound issues.

If you’re seeing an access violation with your game, this can come up for a few different reasons. This help article here goes over them and includes a few steps to try that we’ve found can help clear this error up:

Access Violation

However if it’s still giving you trouble after this I would also get in touch with Customer Support. Hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

[Post New]by SIRSLIMMYEEL on Apr 15, 12 3:40 PM
After playing the flute and saving Zakh-magicion-healer,he hands me the scroll once it is opened it won't go any further. So I guess you could say I am stuck too.

Pixielate
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Pixielate on Apr 15, 12 5:12 PM
I was able to play the some of the demo at work (shhh), but now that I bought it, the game will not even open and when I click again, I get the message that there is a game already running.??

spandjw
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by spandjw on Apr 16, 12 6:02 AM
Love this game was more than half way through when it started to get slow have an old puter but it seems to cope well with most games but maybe some are more intense for it, will try all the tips you fishies have given don't want to give up on this one yet, still cant get Ravenhurst to work properly 2nd ah well gl all love the forums they are a great help

briteyz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by briteyz on Apr 16, 12 9:47 AM
I am also stuck after freeing Zakh/magicion-healer. The scroll opened and I can't get it to close. Thought I was missing something, so I used a hint. Nope. Still stuck. This as well as the looped voice over, and crazy cursor is a killer. You'd think with a CE game they'd fix any bugs fast, so what gives. I'm getting seriously annoyed. I think the game is good as far as plot/ story and I don't have a problem with the price IF the game play is worth it and IF the game doesn't have too many problems. This game is just the pits otherwise.

TrainerDi
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by TrainerDi on Apr 16, 12 2:11 PM
After receiving the scroll I cannot get out of the screen. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and it takes me to the same place and I cannot proceed any further. Please help.

Re:Post any Spirits of Mystery: Song of the Phoenix Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by samj86 on Apr 16, 12 7:34 PM
yeah having a slight issue here. I successfully played the 1 hour trial within the last 30 minutes. I decided i liked the game, used credits to purchase it. The game manager did its thing and downloaded additional files and what not. Now when i click play, the opening load screen with the sword with the phoenix and dragon wrapped around it and the male voice over that says 'Spirits of Mystery, song of the phoenix' is about as far as i can get. It seems to freeze there and doesnt display the press any button to continue message as happened when i started the game in trial. The loading bar appears to be full.

Any ideas?

Oh, and after manually having to close the screen the first time and reattempt to open the game again the pretty cursor is gone and i have my standard windows cursor looking back at me

Edit - Have updated my graphics card driver and uninstalled the game from the game manager and reinstalled it (even though the game had no issues running prior to purchase!!!) Still not moving past the opening load page. Can anyone help here! I'll be looking for a refund if this isnt fixed!

Edited on 04/16/2012 at 8:54:41 PM PST

[Post New]by AugustusPoirot on Apr 17, 12 12:23 AM
OK, this is the fourth request for help in the last 24 hours on the same problem. After freeing the prisoner from the snakes, we get a scroll which covers the screen and won't allow us to progress any further. Shouldn't someone have looked into it by now?

This is a great game, even though it gets that Access Error way too often. I was annoyed to have to keep starting it again over and over. But now I can not progress further in the game. I purchased it as one of my first ever Collector's Editions, and I don't want to be told that it's just a problem with my computer and they'll give me my money back. I DON'T WANT A REFUND - I WANT TO FINISH THE GAME - AND ALL THE EXTRA CHAPTERS THE CE SAYS IT HAS.

So, get it fixed by 10:00 AM CT tomorrow or one of your best customers will begin looking elsewhere for games. I was told to look in the forums for help with technical problems. I did, and I found 3 other people with the same problem - and no one from BFG has even recognized that there IS a problem. This is why I almost NEVER visit the forums. I always go away angry.

jonrob
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by jonrob on Apr 17, 12 7:03 PM
Lousy game!!!!

This game has a lot of issues that I hope will be set right soon because I bought this! There is stuttering speech, Access violation errors, and at one point it just kicked me out of the game completely.

Is there going to be an update or some kind of patch for this? If not, I will just ask for my money back. I have tried all the usual fixes and I didn't get anything resolved.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Apr 18, 12 5:14 PM
Hi everyone,

If you’re running into an issue with the scroll not closing after saving Zakh-magicion-healer, then I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. (If you click the blue text it will take you to more information on how to do that). This won’t lose your place in the game, but it can help get that puzzle working. Then if you can, try picking up the scroll before picking up the bandages. That has been getting this part of the game to work for other players.

If the game is being troublesome by not opening, either because it’s freezing or it’s displaying a “game already running” error, it can help to run the game in Administrator mode. More information on how to do this can be found at this help article here:

Run Game as Administrator

If the game is displaying Access Violation errors, this can be caused for a few different reasons. This help article goes over those more:

Access Violation

For anyone whose game is experiencing issues even after trying these steps, I would get in touch with our Customer Support team. One of our reps would be happy to help you personally to try and get your game working. In addition to that it can help us better track any issues.

Thanks everyone!

bfgCimarron

Edited on 04/18/2012 at 5:16:08 PM PST

[Post New]by babz7791 on Apr 20, 12 3:57 AM
This is the second game I have bought from BFG that does not work. I see all the do this and do that that they give us but if I wanted to be a computer programmer I would have gone into that field but I did not. There is something wrong with this game and I would think that it should be fixed by the people who get paid to fix them. I never got a fix on my first game and I would hope they will fix this one. If there is this many problems with this game why would BFG think it is our computers that are messing up. I have down loaded and bought well over 100 games from this web sight and have had no problems with them why would you think this is a problem with my computer which is only 6 months old and one of the top of the lines. Please fix these problems or else I also will go some were else to buy my games. Oh by the way my problem with this game is the repeating of the words with the voices and the game freezing up along with the music.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 21, 12 12:35 AM
babz7791, if you're having trouble with multiple games, I recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support to see if there's anything that can be done.

Different people have different computers, so while some Fishies may experience crashes, others will have no problem playing games, depending on their setup. Tech Support can help you figure out what might be going wrong, even if it's only a handful of games that appear not to be compatible.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the right of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Thanks!

bfgRhone

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Apr 21, 12 5:05 PM
I purchased the game last weekend on the two for one special. I downloaded the game, at least it showed it was being downloaded on my game manager, a couple of days ago. When I tried to play it today I got an 815 error message and it said an update waas being applied. This has been the message all day. Since chat is off, I thought maybe you could help me understand this. I tired to uninstall and reinstall, but I couldn't do that either. Thanks.

ROSES777
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by ROSES777 on Apr 23, 12 11:03 PM
MY GAMES IS WORKING FINE NO CURSER PROBLEMS ETC.. I PURCHASED YHR CE AFTER PLAYING THE DEMO. MY PROBLEM IS THE SNAIL. I FOLLOED EVERYTHING THE S/GUIDE SAYS. STILL W/ THE MEDILLION I STILL CAN'T GET THE SNAIL SMOKE AWAY AND USE THE 2 JEWELS. HELP PLEASE.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 24, 12 4:01 AM
dollyflower, if you're still having trouble, try fully uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

ROSES777, it sounds like this might be a gameplay question. I therefore recommend creating a new thread in this Forum asking for some game hints.

bfgRhone

[Post New]by AugustusPoirot on Apr 25, 12 9:26 AM
I just spent more than one hour reading these posts, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and then waiting and waiting for the "Click here to continue" on the Introduction screen (the one where the bar fills up). I said a little "prayer" as I clicked "Play" on the next screen, and my prayer was NOT answered. I still landed in the same place: the scroll unfurled on my screen, the magician explaining again what the evil witch is trying to do, and then - nothing. The scroll fills my screen and I cannot advance.

YOU MUST CREATE A "FIX" FOR THIS PROBLEM - AND YOU MUST DO IT SOON. I own almost 600 BF games, but if you do not show that you are willing to fix a problem with one of your "premiere" games, I will be purchasing elsewhere for my games. I don't really care about saving money here - since if I purchase a game and it does not work, my only recourse is to get a refund for the game. And then purchase it elsewhere when it makes its way to other sites - sites where they ARE INTERESTED in keeping their customers.

I have had too many problems lately with BF games. Does nobody BETA these games? It would appear not. FIX THIS GAME OR CONTACT ME WITH A REFUND. THOSE ARE YOUR ONLY CHOICES. MY FRUSTRATION LEVEL HAS REACHED ITS LIMIT.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Apr 26, 12 8:12 AM
Similar problems as some other people: I always have technical issues with ERS' games, but I liked the look of this one so much and it played better than many others from this developer that, despite one freeze in the first scene of the trial, I decided to buy it. I just got back to and finished the game yesterday. The game played pretty well, with some cursor lag, particularly when the hint button was used during HOS or for direction finding outside of the HOS, which slowed everything briefly, and when the hints button reloaded or the skip button came up in the mini-games the cursor lagged. Some scene loads were also slow, particularly as the game progressed, when they got extremely slow for a while. However, in the scene with Zakh and the snakes, the screen froze several times, until I just turned off the computer. When I went back in, it brought me to the same scene, and it went much better. From that point scene loads continued to be slow, but not as excruciatingly so, and the cursor continued to be a little laggy. The laggy cursor, by the way, was almost never in the HOS or any mini-games. So, in many ways a great game, but with the problems that I've had with this developer in the past and it would be really nice if this improved.

[Post New]by eli1118 on Apr 27, 12 6:45 AM
I am having the same issues with the unresponsive cursor and repeating dialogue. And now it will not let me access the main menu to quit the game. Have tried forcibly closing the game, but that has not worked either. Will have to force my computer to reboot. I, also, would like a FIX for this game, and not a credit, so I hope BFG issues one soon!

Go to: