Re:Reviews for Jewel Legends: Tree of Life

[Post New]by 1tulip on Apr 18, 12 7:02 PM
This will be my first post so don't shoot the messenger. Although it is a quite simple game, I can take the time to look around at all the work to get me to the points I need. I love the design, the colors and the concepts of the fairies, floating about while they rebuild. This is a gentle game and one that's great to wash away your day's frustrations. In addition, I have no idea how these games are constructed and I'm in awe of all the dedication to detail.

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Apr 19, 12 1:15 AM
I have only played a handful of the match three games and enjoy this one more than others I have played. I don't like the timer so I play in zen mode and it is very relaxing and enjoyable. Love the colors and artwork and the little people are cute and I even like the sound of their working. Maybe I need more to do. But I am having a good time with this game. It seems quite long. The music is fitting but I do turn it off sometime because it repeats over and over and over again. All in all, I think it is well worth the price.

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Apr 19, 12 5:23 AM
Hi all, I've been looking for another 'chill out' match 3 game and finally discovered this enchanting jewel! Many thanks Big Fish. When feeling I need to relax and have my mind taken to a place of 'least excitation' then you have provided me with the perfect scenario. Love to all fishes in the pond. Pat-ric-ia x

NormaNorman
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by NormaNorman on Apr 20, 12 12:22 AM
Ditto on all the positives. Cute graphics, and somewhat challenging and variable gameplay. Even a couple power ups that are unique to this game, i.e. I've never seen them elsewhere. Positive review is short, because so many other said all the good details already, but pretend its longer, lol.

Only one major criticism. The build situation between games where you use the "earned" bricks to fix the tree. I hate to say this, but it's a fairly stupid addition, and seems rather pointless. There is no variability here, no real choices, the builder graphics are repetitive, the builds obscure and useless, etc. It's as if the core goal is exceptionally empty. This bothers me enough to write about it even though I really do think the rest of the game is a lot of fun!

If there is a sequel or rebuild of this game I hope the decide to make the Tree of life rebuild more...well...purposeful! Otherwise a great game.

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Apr 22, 12 12:10 PM
I just bought this and have to say it is charming and colorful but gets quite boring quite quickly. The power ups take a long time to become available, and then aren't all that much help. The best ones seem to come along randomly - there is no way to earn them, they just appear occasionally. The game play is repetitive, and often consists of just clicking away to fill the vials. Wish I'd bought the other M3 out this week instead.

florianna98
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by florianna98 on Apr 25, 12 8:53 PM
I am up to level fifty-something, and it has gotten pretty boring. Nothing changes. Some levels are a little harder than others, but after you've built up enough cash to buy plenty of power ups, it is just a matter of going through the motions.

And the raindrop mini game in between levels is just plain silly. I can't see where it accomplishes a thing.

It is good for the first few levels, but after that it lost its appeal.

Bilyeu5
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Bilyeu5 on May 29, 12 4:43 PM
I have been waiting for a good Match 3 game without a timer. Alas, this is not it!
I like the main puzzle boards, but hate having to fill the vials with resources before moving on. Talk about tedious!

Geluvweez
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Geluvweez on May 29, 12 7:37 PM
cute graphic and challenging enough which i like and will definitely get it as i like to see the whole tree fully built

boofycat
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by boofycat on Oct 16, 12 6:28 PM
At first I thought this was quite a cute and enjoyable game as the graphics are great and the gameplay smooth. However, after 70 levels each board is still the same, there is absolutely no variation. Sorry devs, I am bored.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 19, 14 10:13 PM
Today's DD: I was reading the reviews and they started sounding familiar. I bought this game quite some time ago and forgot I had it. It's my second favorite Match 3 game. I don't pay any attention to levels or filling vials - the vials fill themselves. I play because it relaxes me. The game play is very smooth, I can make one move while another one is still going on, I'm not slapped in the face with a hint right away, and I like the music although I will admit it could become annoying after a time. I play for relatively short periods of time.

I think it's the smooth game play that attracts me the most. I couldn't care less about a story and building things. All I want to do is match tiles and not be frustrated while I do it.

So maybe I'm not a good Match 3 player on top of being an ugly herring. But I do love this game.

Oh, I never read the instructions, either.

Go to: