Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

Re:Comments for Hidden Mysteries: Return to Titanic

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Apr 15, 12 10:29 AM
One of the most boring and slowest games I've played in a while. I played 22 minutes and finished two chapters....and I'm really not a fast player.
Found the HOG scenes more of junk piles which really turns me off and just makes me click on anything.....
Pet peeve of mine.....if I push the hint button it's because I need a hint....not being told "there's nothing to do here right now". That irritates the heck out of me.

The sinking of the Titanic was certainly not the most poignant maritime tragedy though....the Wilhelm Gustloff was far worse.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 15, 12 1:49 PM
It's a very clever game, and I like it a lot.

The only thing I don't like about the game is that the HINT button takes a minute and a half to refill in Easy mode. That really annoys me. Not that I need the HINT button that often - it's a pretty easy game to play, but I like easy, so that's fine by me - but it would be nice if the HINT button was at a ready a little faster after I've used it - just in case I do need it again quickly.

Otherwise, this is the best "Hidden Mysteries" game for me so far.

Mapsman
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Mapsman on Apr 15, 12 4:41 PM
I'm playing in casual mode and with 12 minutes left of the demo time, I've finished chapter 3. I've used no hints, no skips and haven't even checked the blueprint. I love the way this looks and the concept of traveling between the wreck and the living ship is interesting, but this will be too short of a game for me. I'll wait until it shows up as a DD or COTW.

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Apr 15, 12 9:49 PM
shadowfax44 wrote:
flowerchild44 wrote:hey fishies, i also wasn't sure on this one, but as I have played on I feel myself warming to it.The figures are a little stiff, as has been mentioned and the demon face is just silly, but I am thinking of using a credit.Will report back when i finish the demo...big breath here i go..
Hello Flowerchild! I will be checking back for your full report. So, how's your weather? Oh, and the bit I tried of the demo looked intriguing and now I must see the silly demon face. I will finish demo later today I hope.

hi shadowfax!
weather is still far too warm, but have hope for some rain this week! LOL!!
Well i am not convinced with the demo, almost finished when a neighbour called in and forgot to shut down...oh oh, times up!
I didn't get any warmer with the little extra i played, however did enjoy the going back through the portal, still sitting on the fence as to whether to purchase, will see what the other fishies have to say..

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Apr 15, 12 9:51 PM
shadowfax44 wrote:
flowerchild44 wrote:hey fishies, i also wasn't sure on this one, but as I have played on I feel myself warming to it.The figures are a little stiff, as has been mentioned and the demon face is just silly, but I am thinking of using a credit.Will report back when i finish the demo...big breath here i go..
Hello Flowerchild! I will be checking back for your full report. So, how's your weather? Oh, and the bit I tried of the demo looked intriguing and now I must see the silly demon face. I will finish demo later today I hope.

hi shadowfax!
weather is still far too warm, but have hope for some rain this week! LOL!!
Well i am not convinced with the demo, almost finished when a neighbour called in and forgot to shut down...oh oh, times up!
I didn't get any warmer with the little extra i played, however did enjoy the going back through the portal, still sitting on the fence as to whether to purchase, will see what the other fishies have to say..

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Apr 15, 12 10:46 PM
Purplerabbit wrote:Is this a sequel to the other Hidden Mysteries Titanic game?

No. Though the little boy does look familiar. Seems he's still causing trouble.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Apr 15, 12 10:48 PM
peglegann wrote:
Imberis wrote:The game is pretty decent, but when I checked the walkthrough to see how far I'd gotten in the demo, I'm almost halfway through the game already! Bummer. I did go through the hidden object scenes pretty quickly, but I didn't have any trouble with them so I just sped along through.

Did you really get into Chapter 3 in the demo? Wow! I am nowhere near that! Mind you I am a pretty slow player.
There are 7 chapters in total, according to the WT.
Have fun, whatever you do today

I only played 35 minutes of the demo so far and already finished chapter 2. Seems it will be a short game for me. I've put it on my DD list.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Apr 15, 12 11:04 PM
I think this will be one to pick up on sale someday.. if I run out of games which at this point isn't likely. It has some really convoluted "solutions" to the ihog puzzles which just irritate me no end... I like LOGICAL things to figure out not idiotic things... highlight below to read since this is a spoiler (although as I only played about 5 minutes or so it's not much of one...

So you need to find three nails to hammer on three boards to a ladder... which in itself is an issue since you need SIX nails to hammer three boards to the two sides of the ladder... (duh??) But then you find the three nails in three different places and one of them you find by moving around paintings on a wall which reveals a single nail in the one open spot... but how exactly were all the other paintings fixed to the wall?? Magic??? And since you move them around in the puzzle it's not like you couldn't remove them to take the extra nails. C'mon devs... that's just stupid.

So maybe once some people who like the game finish they can weigh in on if the idiocy continues or if it gets better later. For now anyway it's a pass.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Apr 16, 12 12:48 AM
I finished this one, and then played the demo of the other one from elsewhere...Inspector Magnusson and Murder on the Titanic...and it was truly satisfying. With actual characters who were on the Titanic, and an actual mystery to solve. BF should be getting this one, and I hope I see the Inspector again. May try the third one too, but not tonight...I am shipped out, lol.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Apr 16, 12 4:05 AM
Purplerabbit wrote:Is this a sequel to the other Hidden Mysteries Titanic game?

Yep. But a much better one.

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Apr 16, 12 9:40 AM
I think it is a terrible game... !! Sorry to say. I hate it when they just say there is nothing more to do in a room... For heaven sakes... tell me where to go at least. Now a good game to me is House of 1000 Doors.... ( both games ) It doesn't leave me lost.

All the games have skip buttons that are way too slow. Why make me wait..? If I don't want to play the silly puzzle game... let me get on with it. If someone wants to play it fine... but please don't make me wait. I always have to get up and leave till it recharges as I don't have the patience to wait. It spoils the whole game.

Why do you feel you have to make the skip buttons slow...??

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Apr 17, 12 7:08 AM
Micha1234 wrote:One of the most boring and slowest games I've played in a while. I played 22 minutes and finished two chapters....and I'm really not a fast player.
Found the HOG scenes more of junk piles which really turns me off and just makes me click on anything.....
Pet peeve of mine.....if I push the hint button it's because I need a hint....not being told "there's nothing to do here right now". That irritates the heck out of me.

The sinking of the Titanic was certainly not the most poignant maritime tragedy though....the Wilhelm Gustloff was far worse.

I had not heard of the Wilhelm Gustloff so I googled it. You are quite right. It was an absolutely horrific event that filled me with pity. It happened in 1945, decades after the Titanic and it should have received just as much, if not more, attention, because it was a far bigger tragedy with much more loss of life. It made really hard reading, what happened to those poor souls and I think it should get the recognition it deserves.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Apr 17, 12 8:15 AM
Sheerija wrote:
Micha1234 wrote:One of the most boring and slowest games I've played in a while. I played 22 minutes and finished two chapters....and I'm really not a fast player.

I had not heard of the Wilhelm Gustloff so I googled it. You are quite right. It was an absolutely horrific event that filled me with pity. It happened in 1945, decades after the Titanic and it should have received just as much, if not more, attention, because it was a far bigger tragedy with much more loss of life. It made really hard reading, what happened to those poor souls and I think it should get the recognition it deserves.

I agree. I found this game very boring and very poorly made. I also agree with the Wilhelm Gustloff. I remember it well as I was age 17 at the time and it just plain broke our hearts.

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on May 29, 12 4:00 PM
hannah57 wrote:I did play most of the demo but it didn't keep me interested because I'm not crazy about hidden object scenes. The travelling through portals was confusing so I had to use the walkthrough allot. I don't think it's worth buying a game just to follow a walkthrough to finish it. Sorry BF no buy here.

You're a lot smarter than I am, hannah57. I bought the game and regret it for the exact reasons you mentioned. For me, way too many hog scenes, and I was exhauseted trying to find my way around. This is a game that should, imho, have had a map which you could use to travel.

Will finish it, due to my OCD, but definitely won't replay, lol.

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on May 30, 12 11:02 AM
I disliked this game intensely. Had to finish because of my slight case of OCD, of course, but I finally grew so exasperated at the number and density of the HOGs that I just clickety-clicked out of them. I wish, as is done with puzzles, one could just skip the HOGs, especially when the game is overladen with them.

I also dislike clicking on a Hint, and getting the cryptic message "There's nothing to be done here." Thanks for nothing, lol, I knew that, which is why I wanted a hint,

Another thing that drove me crazy with the naming of the rooms - I searched fruitlessly for the machine room, when it was the maintenance room I needed. I think the whole walkthrough was messy and not well done.

If there's another Hidden Mysteries game in the future, I'll check the walkthrough just to see if the HOGs are so bad (and often).

Didn't like the story either, btw, one must wander all over the ship, and there's no real rhyme or reason to it.

MHO only, of course.

Go to: