Paul4455
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Re:Reviews for Living Legends: Ice Rose

[Post New]by Paul4455 on Apr 28, 12 1:36 AM
nelliegemini wrote:
Bobrob wrote:Loved the game,. Beautiful graphics, good story, good puzzles but I am agan feeling let down and ripped off by the ending. Why not just leave games as CE if the standard edition is not going to finish things off. I am starting to get to the stage of why bother with any new games as this is happening more and more.
Even with a CE I bought recently I got to play the extra contet to complete the story only once and then it would not play again. Not a happy fishie!

(my bolds)

Couldn't agree more, what an ending, let down is an understatement. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect the full CE play, but this ending meant the whole game story was irrelevant. I even went back to the beginning and checked but got a message saying 'you have finished, do you want to replay'. Apart from that it was a lovely game to play and I played it through with only a lunch break, something few games recently have tempted me to do. But, devs, surely an alternative ending could have been done for us who are spent up.

I got the SE version and I just finished. Everything about the game was perfect, with the exception of the ending. Edward just didn't end right. I guess they did that for a sequel.

Paul4455
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Paul4455 on Apr 28, 12 1:54 AM

Edited on 05/18/2012 at 2:39:49 AM PST

HiLupe
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by HiLupe on Apr 28, 12 7:53 AM
I enjoyed playing the demo enough to buy the SE. I thought the graphics were nice and the music wasn't too bad, either. However, it only took me 3 hours to finish the entire thing and that was a big disappointment. I used to play these games quickly but, now that I've got about 200 HOGS, I take my time and really try to enjoy the game. Even taking my time, I found this game to be quite short. I think it would be fine for a DD, but am sorry that I paid full price for it.

[Post New]by timekpr24 on Apr 28, 12 6:43 PM
This was a fun little game, but I can't stress enough for you to double and triple check to make sure you did a puzzle right. I was so stuck on one puzzle (no spoiler) that I had no choice but to check the walkthrough. It turns out that clicking millimeters to the left or right and my assumption would have been right. The graphics are very nice and immersive, but I agree with other comments that it's a bit short. I was disappointed at the abrupt end. You hope there would be more of a story of what happens to the town and townspeople, but your'e left on the floor hanging.

Also, I solved several puzzles without being sure on my winning move. In some cases the sliding puzzles are too simplistic. I did not have enough time to realize why I even won the puzzle, so on to the next one. This was true of several puzzles. The logical connections to the pieces were lot's of fun.

I would definitely recommend the game, but I think full price might be let down because of the ending.

I can't comment on the collectors edition, but if someone could fill us in on the end story, that would be nice.

4 out of 5 on beautiful graphics and 3 out of 5 on puzzles.

medic1960
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by medic1960 on May 1, 12 9:19 AM
After reading other reviews I would simply be repeating what has already been said. Suffice to say that this is a beautiful game and I can't think of a negative thing to say.

Many thanks.

donamae222
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by donamae222 on May 1, 12 2:56 PM
Just finished the demo, and this one will be a 'no buy' for me. Nice graphics, but so easy it became boring. I played the middle game mode after Valdy said there was so much hand-holding in the easy mode. But still very predictable and easy, no challenge at all. Sorry

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on May 6, 12 6:25 PM
good game great graphics music oktoo much running back and forth.
spoiler alert..i hated going up and down in the elevator

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on May 13, 12 3:32 PM
This game drove me crazy. I finished it today and immediately deleted it. A game that requires this much running back and forth should come with an interactive map. Hint system is of little value outside of the hidden object scenes. It's very frustrating to continually be told, "There's nothing to do at this time." Graphics are pretty, but that's not enough. Add to that the ridiculous lopped off ending. I will not be buying any more Living Legends games.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on May 15, 12 2:47 PM
Loved this game, can't wait until we get part 2 out, I did buy the SE version and so far I am completely happy, the music is so nice to listen 2...The graphics was very beautiful and so clear..
Thx DEV's for all your hard work and many hours you put in this game to make us happy..Thx BigFish..

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on May 17, 12 1:51 PM

Edited on 05/18/2012 at 3:03:43 AM PST

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on May 17, 12 2:01 PM
Played the whole demo but game just left me feeling cold.

Bad pun, but honestly I did get cold and had to put on a flannel shirt and some socks, and the temperature is 90 today!

Interesting story, but seemed derivative. I did say rude things to the Ice Queen when she showed up.

Did anyone besides me laugh when after seeing everything, including people, be frozen, but the water in the well was still liquid? I know these kind of games often have illogical things, but still.

I might get this in a sale since I couldn't find fault, except the music, which I know some people here loved, got repetitive to me and part of it sounded like the music they play in church before the service starts.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on May 29, 12 2:05 PM
I played the demo in the middle difficulty option based on some of the other reviews.. I think "Advanced". I always play the casual mode, and I think the advanced mode in this one is comparable. I love the game so far, and think I'll get it with a game club credit in spite of the bad ending.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on May 29, 12 6:15 PM
Just finished the game (SE edition). Found it a bit perplexing. The mini games could be simple and then frustratingly difficult and the skp button slow. The hint button was basically useless...just told you for the most part that "there is nothing more to do here" and then you just clicked around until it did show you something. I found that a bit tedious. Graphics were good, no voice overs which is fine with me. At times there would be just nowhere to go and then after returning to the area, a new area would appear. hmmmm. Make sure you click everywhere for clues and inventory items. HOGs are simple and somewhat interactive. However....THE ENDING SUCKS! Another game that just dies at the end...good grief this is getting old. I will give the game a 3.5 with a 1 minus for the ending. The journal is useless too...stopped looking at it.

[Post New]by samnov18 on May 30, 12 4:36 PM
This is not the first game I have played where there is no ending unless you buy the CE. That is just downright wrong. The first time or two I did not understand that you had to have the Collector's Edition to get the ending, but I found out on a game last week, and then again with this one. Not sure if it is Big Fish or the developer/company that nees to be axed, but one definitely should be.

sign me DISGUSTED

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jun 10, 12 9:19 AM
Now i am sorry i did n ot buy the CE version oh well I can't wait until these dev's come out with another version.. thx dev's and BF..

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Jun 18, 12 9:20 AM
Add one more to the hated the ending group. I can't believe developers stop like that. It's not even that it's a cliffhanger. It just stopped! No credits even, and how often do you see that? No, this was a bad ending.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Jun 23, 12 4:50 PM
Just a backup to what the other fishies have already said. This was an enjoyable game but I really could have used a map and the ending was terrible!

A no-ending ending really makes me mad and makes me less inclined to buy more games. Would you buy a book that was missing the last chapter? Developers and BF--this is really NOT FAIR! Every story should have an ending.

[Post New]by queennoble on Jul 8, 12 4:59 AM
I enjoyed the game but I found that it ended too quickly without finishing the story hope there will be a second one out soon to carry on from this

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on Jul 29, 12 8:44 PM
Yep - my review mirrors the previous ones regarding the ending.

It stunk big time!

Good graphics with beautiful scenes, puzzles were okay, definitely challenging. So far....so good.

But, c'mon...what's up with the ending?

[Post New]by Tartanpimpernel on Aug 10, 12 11:30 AM
I have just finished the game and must say I have not enjoyed myself so much for a long time. The game was awesome, the mechanics rum so smoothly, the graphics should receive an award, the puzzles were different and not too many hos and it was quite lengthy. I honestly cannot fault this game. I must admit the story to me is secondary, the game play comes first and this game imho was excellent and I cannot wait for more from this developer.

Go to: