spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

Re:Comments for Criminal Minds

[Post New]by spyque on Apr 21, 12 9:43 AM
Never seen the show, but the crime solving part is pretty fun. I don't have a problem with the graphics. This is an enjoyable game for me. Maybe not being familiar with the television show allows me to see the game through 'different eyes'.
It is like most crime search games, but I still like it.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 21, 12 10:35 AM
spyque wrote: Never seen the show, but the crime solving part is pretty fun. I don't have a problem with the graphics. This is an enjoyable game for me. Maybe not being familiar with the television show allows me to see the game through 'different eyes'.
It is like most crime search games, but I still like it.

me too spyque...pretty enjoyable,,,just finished the 1st case off to the 2nd

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 21, 12 10:48 AM
Finished both cases, and enjoyed the game a lot. Second case was even better than the first one.

And I really liked the mini games, especially the cryptic one, and the one where you have to eliminate things/people to end up with just the one.

forneymary
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by forneymary on Apr 21, 12 10:54 AM
i liked it so much that i was surprized the demo was half over when i came up for air to check the walkthru. it looks like it's got a couple of hours worth of game play, the puzzles are different, i don't need voice overs because i can hear them in my head, graphics are sharp. i would venture to say it's slightly amatuerish but i imagine thats so there would be a broad base of appeal for a wider audience. i noticed it had two modes of game play so there could be less hand holding but i'm not complaining. i like a challenge as much as the next person but i don't want to beat my head against the wall figureing out what to do or have to come out to look at the walkthru every ten minutes.
as the baby bear said "this one was just right". it's a buy for me.

SherrieS
Minnow
Minnow
275 Posts

[Post New]by SherrieS on Apr 21, 12 2:36 PM
I played the demo:
I found this a bit better than CSI or Law & Order, simple old school HOG
Mini games not too challenging, simple
Follows a liniar (sp) thinking, some quirks
Decent Graphics
No Voice over (shame but ok) Since I DO NOT mind reading
Music is background-I listen to my own music anyway
The Characters from the game are comparable to the likeness of the TV show.
(think along the lines of Wire in The Blood or Midsummer Murders for UK fans)
**no click penalty**
Hint refills quickly-works outside of HOS
Built in SG-as in how to proceed if you get stuck
all in all? Good for the price & looks like a nice 4-6 hours for casual player

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Apr 21, 12 2:45 PM
I'm on the fence with this one. I really like detective mysteries with no ghosts or supernatural beings. This game fills the bill except for clunky game play. I might just wait for the DD version. Try the demo and see for your self. Your taste and tolerance limits may differ

dippydebby
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by dippydebby on Apr 21, 12 2:56 PM
I like this game, it makes a change from the usual psycobabble games, that I do enjoy to a point, but this one is different.
And that makes it good.
Stop being so grumpy about it

JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by JanG7 on Apr 21, 12 3:17 PM
I am a big fan of the TV show and really enjoying the game. From all the comments from everyone that has finished the game, it is going to be a buy for me. Just waiting to see if tomorrows TGT is a CE. If it is, and I buy it it, it fills my PCC and Criminal Minds game is mine. If not, maybe Thursday.

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on Apr 21, 12 3:33 PM
hi fishes i thought this was well done. snapnhiss you are so right about v o s. i had fun .as you become the agents on the show it looks like lots to do. you have two cases to solve & also two game modes for this one. as for color in not as easy as you might think wont say why dont want to spoli it lets just say moore than meets the eyeat first for tthis i say warm up your sneackers. the black bars for me no big deal you get so involed in the game you for get i did anyway.dont let the wt fool you it says 2 chapters i think that means each case maybe also rember you get two modes for each case its a s e dont forget just want to say thanks dev &bf for afun game have a great day /weekend fishes at the pond now off to buy

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Apr 21, 12 6:28 PM
hi fishies, I actually love this show,but have to say am a bit disappointed with the game.I was especially put off with the interrogation of the landlord, when they asked "are you playing games with us? " and then the mahjong game appears...lol
Its not all bad,as has been mention clear graphics, but may be I am just spoilt by the fabulous games we have had lately, so I have say this wont be a buy for me.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Apr 21, 12 6:35 PM
mhatfie wrote:
textrekkie wrote:How would people say it compares to say, one of the James Patterson's Woman's Murder Club games, so far as the forensic puzzles go?

I've never seen the TV show so have no idea of anything related to it. I was just curious how you think it compares to an older investigative game.

Loved Murder Club. Fun to play, interesting, pretty scenery and from what I remember the forensic puzzles were much better. In fact everything about it was superior to this game as far as I'm concerned.

DITTO

I just wanted to say, that of course if you can demo it, you should do so and make up your minds about it. To me that goes without saying.

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on Apr 21, 12 6:56 PM
Actually I found this game a bit tedious, just kind of boring. I have never seen the show, don't know if that would make a difference or not. I'm not too picky about games, as long as it is hidden object, so I am a bit surprised that I really felt compelled to even post about it. Don't mind reading, but this was a bit much! Happy for those of you that are enjoying this game, it's the difference in people that makes a large commercial base for all the different games. Just played demo, maybe the game gets more interesting as it progresses! Happy gaming

hcatb
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by hcatb on Apr 22, 12 5:20 AM
Valdy wrote:I am not a fan of the show - don't watch it. But I do like this game. It's easy going, and even the lab work, i.e. fingerprints identifying and such, is easy going, which I prefer.

I still had one PCC and used it to purchase this game. The graphics are far better than they looked in the screenshots and in the walkthrough. And like WolfenRaindancer said, it's a relaxing game. Of course, you can't compare this game with games from ERS or Elephant Games (just beta tested their latest - oooh... what a game to look forward to), but all in all, a decent game with decent graphics.

I agree with you, Valdy. ERS and Elephant games are the best. What's the name of the one you just beta tested?

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Apr 22, 12 3:46 PM
This is a very slow moving game with much to much dialog. Not sure I would even want this game at a DD $2.99. Very disappointed.

mowarsh
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by mowarsh on Apr 22, 12 5:45 PM
I am a fan of the show...that being said

there is no way to get the voice overs... Fans of the show would be very picky and if the voices didn't match... also there is no way they could have paid the actual actors and still offer it at the big fish price.

Back again to the almighty dollar... I think the actors are supposed to be paid when their likenesses are used... so I'd reuse the likeness I paid for over and over again. It seems to me that is what the dev did.

I like how casual the HOG element is... being color blind, Some of the other HOG's are not color blind friendly. The color by number... bad choice for someone color blind... (sure wish developers would have a hand full of color blind beta testers)

Now on to the things that should have been taken care of before it was released.

did the DEV even watch the show?

Garcia does not sound like herself... not near "sassy" enough. They could have thrown in a "you have reached the oracle of supreme genius"

I wasn't expecting too much when it came to Reid...I'm sure there aren't to many people that can write for him.

Rossi sounded good... I could actually hear him say the things in my head.

There wasn't enough of Reid or JJ. Hotch was fair. Prenteiss was good.

Morgan? nope...not very good at all. *spoiler He would have been more kind to the coed than just giving her a tissue. He would have asked the janitor for his broom to reach the purse. and he would have "strong armed" the door at the community center. I could go on. * end spoiler

But then again I'm a fan and I'm probably too critical because the things I'm complaining about would have changed the game play

thanks for reading my thesis

Mowarsh

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Apr 23, 12 8:11 PM
It wasn't too bad of a game. Not a great game by any means, but a decent one. I was glad I played it.

alioup
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Comments for Criminal Minds

[Post New]by alioup on Apr 24, 12 10:01 PM
shadowfax44 wrote:Hello everyone - happy Saturday to you. I will be interested to see the comments and opinions on this game. I hope that it's a good game and the fans of the television show are not disappointed. I will check back later to see what the general consensus is. Enjoy your day and happy gaming.

[Post New]by icanbeme2005 on Apr 28, 12 9:55 PM
I eat and breath CM. Love Love Love the show. This game however is another story. Seems like if you don't do things in the exact order the dev wants, you can't complete tasks, which in turn means you can't move on. Items dropping out of my inventory because I picked them up before I was suppose to? Come on guys, that's a bit ridiculous. I was sooooo excited when I saw this game, but definitely won't be buying it because it's a huge disappointment.

318Pisces
Clownfish
Clownfish
642 Posts

[Post New]by 318Pisces on May 13, 12 7:40 AM
Fan of the show & enjoyed this game!
I also agree with liking the 2nd case to the first.
This offering has an adventurey feel with some HOS too...

Alot of game play for a SE...
Try it!

Karen

[Post New]by lizzya06 on May 15, 12 5:08 PM
gingergal wrote:As I sort of expected here comes another TV show game that the DEV is solely relying on fans of the said show to buy it without putting much time and money or effort into gameplay. It's like I am playing a 5 yr old H O game and not that good one to start with.

Where do I start? Let's start at the graphics. The cardboard cutouts 'placed' in a scene with no depth or attempt to merge them with the background - most have a 'halo' round them, like they were badly photo-shopped. The puzzles graphics are so bad and they open up in a box. The cutscenes are blurry and badly pixelated.

It's a shame as the main graphics in scenes aren't that bad (they aren't good either).

Also there are black bars down my NON widescreen laptop so it doesn't even open in fullscreen, really in this day and age?

Trying to be positive (taking a deep breath), the hidden object scenes are clear and not that bad! And the most positive thing about the game which I hope at least will be something is the plot. There are 2 stories.

I wouldn't even buy this at DD price. I'd give it for plot and clear, not tiny hidden object scenes. Personally for my taste, it's .

Go to: