mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

Re:Reviews for Runaway With The Circus

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Apr 26, 12 12:15 AM
I really didn't care for this game, but I played longer than I would have normally because of the charming graphics and the wonderfully nostalgic music of the thirties. Being an old film buff I was thoroughly familiar with those old wonderful tunes. Sadly that's not enough to tempt me to buy.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Apr 27, 12 2:47 PM
I almost liked this game. The graphics were just too grainy for my eyes, it made them all blurry. It would have given me a headache to keep playing, but my eyes tire easily, that's why I've started playing TMs. I liked the circus theme, the 30's music, and the old videos, but I wish they would have played full screen. I didn't play long enough to tell if it was a good story. I will have to try again later with my reading glasses.

dsrtrosy
Clownfish
Clownfish
677 Posts

[Post New]by dsrtrosy on May 6, 12 2:59 PM
Hmmm....I really want to like this game. Major downfall #1: whichever avatar you play as--male, female, or circus tent--you still get the exact same story. So it makes me wonder why there are three options if there aren't three points of view. Major downfall #2: I played through the first four areas in about 20 minutes, read every word, watched every video. That would make the whole game less than 2 hours of game play.

It's so beautiful, I can't decide whether to get it, or leave it in my "maybe" file. Does pretty and creative outweigh how unbelievably short I expect it to be? Since there is only one story (and the exact same objects to find, etc--I played through several scenes as the "male"), is there ANY replay value? Is the bonus content worth it? I'm still watching here and elsewhere for answers to those questions.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Jun 14, 12 4:21 PM
Since I don't like HOS in ANY game, I have no idea why I decided to try this one! Due to my love of nostalgia and all kinds of music, I gave it a try. First of all, I ended up turning the music off, because after awhile it just got to be too much. There was no break in it, just constant music. Also, the HOS were really hard - alot of the objects, as others have mentioned, are so tiny and well hidden, that we will need a trip to the eye doctor if we play for too long!! The games were so easy, they took only a minute to complete. They seemed geared to a child audience.I only played the Demo and ended up with 10 hearts, and was on my tenth scene, when the Demo was over. I did like the story and the old videos. I will keep this game in mind if I feel the need to play something different and get new contact lenses! I can see this game appealing to alot of gamers out there, but not me at this time.

feenix

Go to: