TexasAnn
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:Post any Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by TexasAnn on Apr 25, 12 8:39 AM
Just played the demo. In the hidden object scene in the dungeon of the ship, some of the objects were really hidden. They weren't where they were supposed to be. The only way I could complete the game was to use the hint and click around where the hint sparkly circle showed. For example, I could see the garlic on the left side of the scene, behind the skeleton. But when I hit the hint to find it, it showed it on the right, near the ropes. The four, the flower, and the butterfly were nowhere to be seen.

Re:Post any Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by juttawalker on Apr 25, 12 9:52 AM
Hi i have the same problem with the shovel this is killing my internet since i am on satellite internet the reloaden i have limited usage,i hope when i load the game again it will work

[Post New]by Greenseale on Apr 25, 12 12:46 PM
I have had the shovel issue resolved by the patch. I now have the chest issue in the grave yard and cannot move on. Frankly this whole game is not worth the time I have spent on dealing with these problems although it was really fun! Now going to delete it from my computer for ever!!!!!

sigrid1
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by sigrid1 on Apr 26, 12 8:09 AM
Anyone know why the gear and pendulum don't make the clock work? I'm stuck here and I can't go anywhere else.....can't even play the bonus content. I'm trying to get the seed, but all I get is a magnifying glass over the gears. I've tried using everything in my inventory, but nothing works...HELP!

I'm not buying another game until I get this solved.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Apr 26, 12 8:56 AM
D/L game the day of the TGT...stayed in GM for a day...went to play and had a difficult time even to type in name, then went to first screenshot and 'BAM' took me back to the GM!
Well at time left it for awhile and later saw the little icon that there was an 'update', so clicked on that and it 'activated' game. Went to do the play again and same thing! .... so completely uninstalled game from GM and waited a day. Reinstalled and this morning went to play again! Surprise Surprise Surprise....game did same thing even with the update!...Really wanted the game, luv pirate themed games, great reviews but do not buy just on this 'feeling' b/c the game 'has' to work to play!...duh!
No buy!

[Post New]by coffeemom2 on Apr 27, 12 6:18 PM
TexasAnn wrote:Just played the demo. In the hidden object scene in the dungeon of the ship, some of the objects were really hidden. They weren't where they were supposed to be. The only way I could complete the game was to use the hint and click around where the hint sparkly circle showed. For example, I could see the garlic on the left side of the scene, behind the skeleton. But when I hit the hint to find it, it showed it on the right, near the ropes. The four, the flower, and the butterfly were nowhere to be seen.

I just had the same problem. Thank goodness it wasn't just me! And it was the same four items. They were invisible. I had to use the hint and just click where the sparkly circle was. The items were not there. I really kinda liked this game, but won't be buying it. That was very frustrating.

[Post New]by jctelly on Apr 27, 12 9:16 PM
I have the same problem with the chest in the cemetary. I have uninstalled game twice and reinstalled it twice and still no fix. What the heck is going on? We neeed a fix!

NikkiBikki
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by NikkiBikki on Apr 28, 12 1:56 AM
TexasAnn wrote:Just played the demo. In the hidden object scene in the dungeon of the ship, some of the objects were really hidden. They weren't where they were supposed to be. The only way I could complete the game was to use the hint and click around where the hint sparkly circle showed. For example, I could see the garlic on the left side of the scene, behind the skeleton. But when I hit the hint to find it, it showed it on the right, near the ropes. The four, the flower, and the butterfly were nowhere to be seen.

I had the same problem, seemed like quite a few of the items were broken up into pieces as well, almost as if there were two screens of the same thing but in pieces, very strange, decided not to buy this game as too many glitches, refuse to buy a game that seems to have been put up for sale without being thoroughly tested!

[Post New]by Kiwidog on Apr 29, 12 3:11 PM
I had problems with the HOS in the ship's lower deck.The scene & objects appeared all scrambled up. To get throught the scene I used a bunch of hints & clicked randomly at objects that appeared to be what was on the list. I finished the Demo without further problems, but I hesitate to purchase the game. Has anyone else had this problem? Should I reinstall the game If I want to buy it?

I just read some of the other posts . . . looks like I am not alone... no buy for me.

Edited on 04/29/2012 at 3:15:11 PM PST

hunny89
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by hunny89 on Apr 30, 12 2:30 AM
This game was VERY good, one of my favorite games I've ever played; however, it should NEVER have gone to market as it is. It should never have been sold until the shovel and chest glitches were fixed, and it NEVER should have been bought by any internet game site until they were repaired. I would think that these sites like BF would have testers of games to test for functionality before they purchase....and if they come across a really good game with just a few issues, they would let the producers of the game know that they would purchase it if the glitches were fixed FIRST!

Simsane
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Simsane on Apr 30, 12 12:25 PM
hmmm, you know, after reading all these posts, I have an opinion that may or may not be true but I'm going to state it just in case.

I had a problem with the pearl necklace. I had ALL the pearls -- 13 of them because you start with one on the bottom and 12 more are added as you go along. Now, as I play, I don't look at the SG ulnless I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do in a puzzle. Otherwise, I like to be able to just explore and do my own thing. Well, when I got to the part where the girl wanted "proof" from me, my pearl necklace was still hanging on the side despite the fact that there were 13 pearls on it.

So, I decided to uninstall and reinstall -- that's what they say to do, right? Then, instead of just going back into my original game, I deleted it and created a new profile. I did that because oftentimes uninstalling and reinstalling won't fix the current game, you must start over.

Since I had to start from the beginning again, I decided that the quickest way for me to get back to the point I had left off in my previous game would be to simply follow the SG until I got there so that's what I did. The SG did lots of things in a different order than I had done them previously but at least once I received that 13th pearl, a box popped up telling me that I had "fixed" the necklace and then the necklace disappeared from the left side of my screen and went into my inventory so when I got to the part where the girl wanted "proof" I was able to give the necklace to her and continue on in the game.

By that time, I figured I must be close to the end and as it was so late, I simply continued following the SG. When I got to the part with the 3 keys and the Special Key in the graveyard, it worked great for me. It opened and I was able to get the Holy Cup.

Anyway, my suspicions are that it's NOT because I uninstalled and reinstalled and created a new profile but because I followed the SG. If that's actually true, then the game developers really do need to take another look at this game and fix it.

judithg315
Herring
Herring
371 Posts

[Post New]by judithg315 on May 1, 12 3:49 PM
mmmm99 wrote:I had the same problem with the hidden objects not being in the scene. This was before the update and I ran out of demo time so won't be able to check it until the SE comes out. Not hopeful since it is being reported here still.

I purchased the CE after the update and the problem is still there. It also happens again when you return to the scene for the 2nd time.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 1, 12 7:51 PM
I guess deleting all files for this game means starting all over just to get to the cemetary chest with 4 keys again? I uninstalled and reinststalled twice, once from ctr panel rem progs, restarted comp, again from GM Trash, restarted. Both times it took me back to my place, locked up chest puzzle. Still have exotic key in inventory when it bounced off the keyhole back down. Also, backed up to church and the cross I already put in the fountain is gone! No way to get that back. No way to finish. I bought it on April 30 to activate demo from Apr 23 or 24 so assumed I had new version. Nothing in GM to alert an update.

Not pc savvy enough to try this dele files fix or brave. And if I start with a new name or dele files I assume I still have to start over? Not worth 6 more hours of my time so guess I'll have to sacrifice the game now for credits. Hope not CS ones I can't use for another CE, or buy this later when fixed.

What to do, I'm heartbroken, was the most fun game in months for me but do I dare waste another 5-6 hrs. I'm on W7 laptop, no missing shovels, ran great. I could try it on old pc xp but just can't spend the time after so happy I DID have a shovel and all items. Just no final puzzle. No bonus game or wallpaper

I posted this in other thread re dele saved files. Over my head for a solution, and will report to CS. I so loved Cats of Ulthar I bought both SE then CE on BOGO sale, no problems, luv this dev's work. Til now.

juju0128
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by juju0128 on May 6, 12 8:39 AM
I love this game only, now, after putting all the keys in the chest in the graveyard, there was this sound and the view jumped from the chest to the path. I can't get back to the chest, no sparkles or anything on it. So, therefore, I can't get the goblet for the holy water. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, so I've got the newest version and still, it won't let me back on the chest. What am I supposed to do about that because, without the goblet, no game finishing.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on May 28, 12 8:48 AM
Playing Mac 10.5.8. The main issue I experienced was about 80% of the HOG on the skeleton in the hammock in the hold of the ship was completely white. I was able to get past it by clicking around a lot, taking a pic with my phone of the SG showing where the items should be located, and using the hint button. Miraculously that worked. Then when I needed to return for a HOG in the same location about 60% of the screen was white. Used the same methods and was able to progress. Major glitch here, though fortunately for me, not fatal, though I can see other folks not being able to progress past this.

Other minor issues I noticed:
Depending on your location, neither the guide nor the journal are accessible if the directional arrows are triggered nearby. You must travel to the next site before you can click on the guide or journal.
There was a repeat page of the journal saying how I managed to trap the captain in his cabin (although I hadn't when it first showed up).
After completing the crab puzzle on the church, the close up view window wouldn't close, the "close" button was inactive, had to click outside the window.
In the bonus, when you're with Michael and you find the skeleton with a letter, according to the journal the letter is supposed to talk about how to remove the curse. In actuality the letter talks about how Michael lost all his money and his house is going up for auction. The SG also has the auction letter, not the curse letter.
Lastly, and these may have to do with translation issues, I was told to look for kerosene to light the banister to the dungeon, in actuality it was a can of oil. A vise handle was mislabeled as a "vice" handle. And in the SG I was told to find a "crampon" but in the game it is called a "grappling hook".

While most of these issues were minor, and these were only the ones I made note of, they made for a rather frustrating experience.

[Post New]by leejjmk4 on Jun 20, 12 7:25 AM
I have the same problem with the chest in the graveyard, got this far and now I am stuck! When I recieved each key I put each key in the chest one at a time, when I got the last golden key, I went to put it in and the screen flashed and now nothing! I still have the exotic key and nothing lights up on the chest, I cannot get to it at all!!! I really dont want to reinstall this game and start over but what a waste of money!!!

I wonder if I should have held on to all the keys and inserted them at once instead of doing it everytime I got a key! Still this should be fixed or refunded!

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 22, 12 1:45 AM
Hi Fishies,

Those of you still having trouble with the shovel and if uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help, creating a new player profile should solve the issue.

However, if you rather not start over, please get in touch with Customer Support. You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the right of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Mac Fishies, those of you having display issues in the game and cannot get around the glitchy picture in the game, please try following the steps in the below help article to see if this will help:

Mac Game Errors

Those of you having trouble with the key, please also try uninstalling and reinstalling the game and if that didn't work, I'd recommend a new player profile or alternatively, to get in touch with Customer Support as well.

bfgRhone

[Post New]by FORANGELR on Jul 14, 12 4:47 PM
WORKING IN CHAPTER 4, CAN NOT PLACE CHARGED BATTERY IN MECHANISM TO GET NEXT PIECES TO MOVE FORWARD. NO MATTER WHERE I TRY TO PLACE IT, IT WILL NOT MOVE IN. WHAT DO I DO???

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Nov 30, 12 8:26 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed this game, but when I got partway through the bonus game, the game minimized to the taskbar about every 40 seconds for the rest of the game. Because I REALLY wanted the wallpapers, I was determined to finish, but it was extremely frustrating. I've never had anything like that happen with any other game.

Go to: