afigluiz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Post any Campgrounds technical issues here only

[Post New]by afigluiz on Apr 25, 12 10:55 AM
Karisima wrote:My curser is moving so slow that I cant get any thing done in a good time
very annoying.

i too had issue with my curser being spastic. I thought maybe it was me. (It was late, I was bored, I had a )

I minimized the window to see if I had something running (sometimes the updates run in the background and makes my computer loopy). Nope. I exited and re-entered the game. Still no avail. Still spastic.

I uninstalled with about 10 minutes left on the demo.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Apr 25, 12 11:44 AM
Hi Fishies,

If you're having trouble with the cursor of this game, one thing I would do is get in touch with our Customer Support team. Our reps can help you personally and it can help us track any issues:

How to contact Customer Support

If you click the blue text it will take you to more information on how to do that.

In the meantime, one thing to try if your cursor is being uncooperative then I would try turning off custom cursor.

To do this start the game, click "Options" and uncheck the box next to Custom Cursor (it will make it a little less pretty, but can get it to perform better in some cases).

If your screen is crashing and the steps in the "Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen " then I would also recommend getting in touch with Customer Support.

I hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Apr 25, 12 1:24 PM
No custom cursor, everything up to date, nothing running in the background...it's not everyone's computer and mouse acting up..there's something wrong with the game!

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Apr 25, 12 2:21 PM
you know its BAD when the game crashes, and even task manager OR Chameleon can't even close the process! I rebooted my system, and apparently, I have 39 minutes left. since i like pain (NOT) I tried it again, and it won't even load anymore. its too bad as it WAS fun. my puter is up to date, so its not mine (nor other people). this sucks.

[Post New]by Bellaboo34 on Apr 26, 12 12:09 AM
FairyonPegasus wrote:All I'm getting is little black box that pops up, then the screen flashes continuously. Then I have to use the task manager to end the process. Checked for driver updates. I have the latest.

I got the same problem!!!!

[Post New]by bevans99 on Apr 26, 12 6:41 AM
I will build a tent but I cant see the tent or the bags of money I get the background but the tent and stuff doesnt show up

SkippyTrini
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by SkippyTrini on Apr 26, 12 8:49 AM
My game doesn't start right away it takes a while. I love this game it is fun! Please fix this!

SkippyTrini
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by SkippyTrini on Apr 26, 12 9:19 AM
I am doing that right now with a live representive! It has been doing this since I bought!

rulou
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by rulou on Apr 26, 12 9:39 AM
is anyone else having a problem with level 53? I dont seem to be able to finish it.

[Post New]by Persephone77 on Apr 26, 12 9:56 AM
I have uninstalled the game until BFG releases a copy that isn't maliciously running in my background! The only way to get it to end process was to completely reboot my laptop. Not even logging off user accounts worked. The fact that it was using about 500k of memory after I attempted to end it tells me something is definitely wrong here. Not everyone can have out of date drivers. Where there is smoke a fire usually isn't far off. It's an awesome game I'd like to see it fixed. Thanks

[Post New]by paintingchef on Apr 26, 12 10:31 AM
bevans99 wrote:I will build a tent but I cant see the tent or the bags of money I get the background but the tent and stuff doesnt show up

I have this same issue... any suggestions?

Thanks!

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Apr 26, 12 2:52 PM
Hi everyone,

If the updates or the help articles from above aren’t doing the trick or you’ve already tried them, I would definitely get in touch with our Customer Support team:

How to contact Customer Support

One of our reps will be happy to help you with your individual game, and this will help us better track any issues with the game. If your include a Dr. Felix as well, this will help our team better research what systems are being affected and what is going on.

Thank you!

bfgCimarron

[Post New]by Bogizzy on Apr 26, 12 8:14 PM
rulou wrote:is anyone else having a problem with level 53? I dont seem to be able to finish it.

I'm having the same problem. Suggestions anyone?

dakini
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by dakini on Apr 27, 12 5:31 PM
I'm having a problem with my little men. Periodically they get stuck either running in place or standing waiting for help. I've redownloaded it once and it hasn't helped. I'm running OS7 on a Mac.

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Apr 27, 12 7:58 PM
Persephone77 wrote:I have uninstalled the game until BFG releases a copy that isn't maliciously running in my background! The only way to get it to end process was to completely reboot my laptop. Not even logging off user accounts worked. The fact that it was using about 500k of memory after I attempted to end it tells me something is definitely wrong here. Not everyone can have out of date drivers. Where there is smoke a fire usually isn't far off. It's an awesome game I'd like to see it fixed. Thanks

It's funny that you say that because I don't believe it was my computer at all causing the problem. I believe it was Malwarebytes blocking it. I hope they didn't try and install a root kit with their program. I don't believe they would, but I'm going to test my HD anyway. I also noticed when I did a task manage out of it there were two running applications Campgrounds 500 megs of ram. and Campgrounds barely using any ram. Why would a 100 meg program need a dedicated 1/2 gig of ram? Plus additional ram. I think for now although I would love to have this game, I'll hold off till someone figures out what is going on with it.

kimberph
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by kimberph on Apr 28, 12 11:40 AM
I haven't seen anyone else comment on "centering". I have a wide monitor with native 1440x900 res. If I run this in "full screen" mode the left inch or so of the screen is a random bark like pattern and the right inch or so is cut off. If I window it I can see the whole screen. Game doesn't have any resolution or wide screen on/off options, and I'd rather not buy if I can't play in full screen mode. Suggestions?

[Post New]by bronzekitten29 on Apr 28, 12 2:06 PM
Playing Demo to see if I will like the full version.
I have tried the demo on 2 different computers and I am finding that on both of them they crash at the start up screen when i want to change my settings like volume, or go from full screen to windowed, then I have to restart my computer, I had to do this twice on my computer and it started working and I am using windows 7 that was on my work computer and then it decided it wasn't going to let play past the 5th level. On the second computer windows 7 laptop it wouldn't start at all after the it crashed 2 on the options screen reason why i tried it on the work computer. I see that other people have also had crashing issues or black screens. I will not be buying the full version of this game, even though it is one of the types of games i like to play. I do not want to buy the full version of this game if i can not play it on my laptop which is my home computer.
thank you.

[Post New]by lilpollyesther on Apr 30, 12 10:07 PM
Wanted to buy this game, too, but floating cursor, slow movements, etc, make it a problem, and no fun. I changed the cursor to regular from custom, still doesn't make much difference Two nice TM games lately that don't run right, so can't buy....

sandymac
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by sandymac on May 1, 12 1:12 PM
FairyonPegasus wrote:All I'm getting is little black box that pops up, then the screen flashes continuously. Then I have to use the task manager to end the process. Checked for driver updates. I have the latest.

Ditto

srags1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by srags1 on May 1, 12 4:04 PM
I tried to download the 1 hour free trial and as soon as it downloaded it showed Trial Time Expired. It did not allow me to play. Never had that happen before on any game.

Go to: