[Post New]by theepicdog on Apr 24, 12 12:38 PM
By the way jenapoo I took off my custom cursor and it worked a whole lot better

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

Re:Reviews for Campgrounds

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Apr 24, 12 2:23 PM
What can I say, other then another really cute time management building game. Very colorful graphics that are pleasant to look at. Music, very repetitive & not so good (ha ha). I had to turn the music volume down. Other than that, very cute game, and plenty of campsites to build. Just in time for the upcoming summer. Purchased!

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on Apr 24, 12 5:14 PM
Music very annoying, BUT it is a "fun", "light" TM game. It's a definite buy for me today.

Peachy1969
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Peachy1969 on Apr 25, 12 6:53 AM
Thankyou sooooooooo much BigFish I am recovering from major surgery and unable to do much except sit on my behind and look at the computer screen. I am not a HOG fan so rarely if ever buy them. Then today along comes Campgrounds and I am in Heaven.
I love Building games and although I am finding it near on impossible to get gold levels, I will have lots of fun trying.
More TM games please!!!

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Apr 25, 12 7:15 AM
this game was generally fun. i played the whole hour trial and enjoyed it mostly.

the storyline was my least favorite thing about the game. there is a very obvious eco theme which honestly felt more like an eco agenda guilt trip laced with anti-capitalism sentiments, the story parts actually seemed a little eco-preachy lol.

the gameplay was much like build-a-lot so if you like those you'll probably enjoy this. i was a little disappointed that the tents and trailers don't actually look any different after you upgrade them...what makes something a 3 star vs a no star if you can't see any changes? just a star outside? pretty much. otherwise the graphics were attractive and i enjoyed playing this game for the full hour.

one plus is that there seems to be a system of you making more decisions based on if you want to go full tree hugger or lean more towards greedy corporation which i think was a nice element to add to this game giving it more replayability and options for the player are good to make you feel more in control and keep the game less linear.

not bad for regular price but i'll probably wait for a rainy day to pick it up. fun but not a desperate must have game.

NormaNorman
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by NormaNorman on Apr 25, 12 7:55 AM
Good point about the graphics mendolyn. A bit more effort here with showing upgrades visually would have been both pleasant and helpful. Overall though a very nice game, and a lot of fun in spite of all the clicky, clicky, clicky!

Played through the trial, and bought immediately.

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Apr 25, 12 8:15 AM
Thanks Bella for the tip about the cursor. This is a great game and I do enjoy all similar games too. I have bought it straight away.

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

Only played the demo, with plans to buy

[Post New]by faboomama on Apr 25, 12 10:10 AM
I never thought I'd like TM games, but once I played Pyramid Rising on the iPad, I was hooked. This game is like a cross between Royal Envoy, Timebuilders and Hobby Farm. Since I liked those games, it's a no-brainer that I'll get this one, too.

My kids (6 & 8) loved it and because of the way you collect rent, it's much easier for them to play. We all liked that new building types were introduced quickly, unlike the other games. There is also a lot more variation between levels/goals.

I like the eco story. I know some people don't like the thought of being stewards of the planet, but that's how I was raised and how I raise my kids. They also loved the story and since we garden at home and clean our neighborhood, they felt it was closer to real life for them.

Edited on 04/25/2012 at 10:12:17 AM PST

Fiona9167
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Fiona9167 on Apr 25, 12 10:42 AM
LOVE IT! I have been waiting and waiting for another game like Royal Envoy and here it is! Thanks BF for my new fav

MsHamster
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by MsHamster on Apr 25, 12 7:48 PM
It's about time another TM game showed up. Definitely enjoyed the demo of this one and will be using a credit to buy it. Ditto with all the likes above. As for the music dislikes, I always turn off music and mute or greatly reduce sound so it doesn't bother me one bit what they put there - much prefer playing my own music while playing games.

Thank you BFG for bringing us another TM game - tell the HOG developers to stop with those and bring us more TM !!!!

melonrind
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by melonrind on Apr 25, 12 8:58 PM
I like this kind of game, and this is a good one. It's quite difficult, which can be frustrating, but I guess it's a good thing, since it keeps me from flying through the levels too quickly.

Eventually
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by Eventually on Apr 26, 12 1:11 AM
I have only done the trial demo & so far enjoyed the game, has anyone here brought the game then found the rest of it dissapointing? thanks

Geluvweez
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Geluvweez on Apr 26, 12 2:16 AM
Tried the demo and after 15mins its a buy!

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Apr 26, 12 9:59 AM
I've purchased the game after the demo and have really enjoyed it. Very much like other popular games, as other posters have mentioned.

My only suggestion thus far is if not an outright walkthrough included with the game, perhaps a "Hint" button that could provide help for those that are having difficulties figuring out how to get a gold star on a level.

But the game has been very fun for me. Thank you to devs
and .

mom68
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by mom68 on Apr 26, 12 10:21 AM
This is the first TM game I've purchased in quite awhile from BFG. I've really been wanting more TM, as that is my preferred game format, but the pond seemed to have been quite dry over at BFG, TM game-wise.

I demoed this game and then purchased it right away. I really hope this is a foretaste of things to come from BFG regarding putting out more strategy/TM games. I miss quality fun!

I would recommend this game to any TM fan. I've read the reviews where some fishes feel this is more like a build-a-lot game, and I would have to respectfully disagree. I found this game to be a fun building game, but more along the lines of Timebuilders or to a lesser degree Royal Envoy.

Thanks again, BFG, for putting out another TM game I'll play again and again.

Happy Gaming, Fishes!

mom68
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by mom68 on Apr 26, 12 10:21 AM
This is the first TM game I've purchased in quite awhile from BFG. I've really been wanting more TM, as that is my preferred game format, but the pond seemed to have been quite dry over at BFG, TM game-wise.

I demoed this game and then purchased it right away. I really hope this is a foretaste of things to come from BFG regarding putting out more strategy/TM games. I miss quality fun!

I would recommend this game to any TM fan. I've read the reviews where some fishes feel this is more like a build-a-lot game, and I would have to respectfully disagree. I found this game to be a fun building game, but more along the lines of Timebuilders or to a lesser degree Royal Envoy.

Thanks again, BFG, for putting out another TM game I'll play again and again.

Happy Gaming, Fishes!

SharonGia
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by SharonGia on Apr 26, 12 12:27 PM
I like this game alot. Like Build-a-Lot and others of the genre. Plus was quite challenging; right away I needed to re-play levels to get expert so that is a plus.

Thanks for the tip about the cursor problem - am going to try that now as I am having problems with the slow cursor also.

QuietLurker
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,497 Posts

[Post New]by QuietLurker on Apr 28, 12 12:44 PM
Yes!!!
Another RE type - and very enjoyable.

I played RE three times and have now started it on my iPad. There, I will put it aside for awhile and play this on the PC instead.

Well done!

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Apr 28, 12 10:02 PM
Since I didn't see a "Comments" just reviews I am going to post here. If there are as many "reviews" as their are "complaints" I am soooo disappointed! I LOVE building games! I haven't been able to play yet - still downloading but It does disappoint! COME ON BFG fix these games BEFORE you release them Please!

OK here is my review since I bought the game (couldn't resist!) Game is a good builder game - typical but loveable! HOWEVER the screen that pops up and down at the bottom of the screen to let you build, buy/build resources, etc. IS A TOTAL PAIN IN THE AZZ!! this is to the reviewers, BFG you might want to fix the problems, my game ran until level 26 (I think there are like50+ levels) then went to H E double hocky sticks but come on Cherboo had problems in level 7 for heaven sakes!

MY OPINION (like belly buttons everyone has one!) Good game IF they fix the fact that eventually you will have to uninstall and reinstall (seem different for everyone) to play the game - WHAT A PITY - To the game developers - that dropping popping bottom screen IS A NO GO for another game - on a TM game you don't need any additional clicking (us fibromyalgia folks dont any way) to get the da(MNED) screen up every 2 seconds...

OK I bought - am not satisfied but - if they fix the sticky cursor I will be ok.... Just a note this could be a great sequel game like RE or ROR or MKFP but not with the glitches in this game FIX them you have a winner!

JMHO
Lean

Edited on 05/02/2012 at 6:37:16 PM PST

[Post New]by Jesterina on Apr 29, 12 7:26 PM
Yep that preachy eco-nut is good and capitalism is bad stuff just made me roll my eyes. Just because somebody is turned off or doesn't agree with this eco-nut preachy stuff doesn't mean they aren't or don't agree with being good stewards of nature, etc., there is being sensible and being extreme nutballs (people making their own choices in their own life is not what I consider extreme, but it is when it is forced on others, and some of their info/junk science is incorrect).

The game does seem to be a copycat, but it is a turnoff if the upgrades don't change much in looks.

Go to: