trillian
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Post any Weather Lord technical issues here only

[Post New]by trillian on Apr 28, 12 12:31 AM
BlueStarFish wrote:
LVKiva wrote:I'm having a different problem. I can download and install the game without issue, but cannot 'grab' the clouds to combine them in the first instruction screen. I can buy the clouds - I can click on and highlight the farms - but can't grab the floating clouds, which makes the game unplayable, of course.

I've tried uninstalling and re
installing with no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks.

I had the exact same problem.
So after a lot of swearing, uninstalling, re-installing and still having the same thing happen (i.e nothing can be "grabbed") - I found out what caused it:

I am left-handed and have the buttons on my mouse swapped - left-click is on the right-most button for me.

So what I did, was quite simple - I reset my mouse to the original setup, that is right-hand use. then re-started the game, and everything worked fine!

I will not purchase, however, as it is too straining to play a TM game with the mouse buttons in the wrong place.

Thanks! Reverting my mouse from left handed to right handed solved the "grabbing the cloud" problem for me as well. However, I too am unwilling to buy a game that I have to play wrong-handed.

LindyMac
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by LindyMac on Apr 28, 12 6:05 AM
I have installed the new version after getting the original crashing bug. Upon opening level 32 I am presented with just a background, no factories, no weather, I have to ctrl+alt+del to get out as I don't even have menu buttons :/

calicat
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by calicat on Apr 28, 12 6:44 AM
geting access error violations every few levels and with all due respect BFG i have done your access violation steps and they do not work. This is the third game I have purchased recently with these issues. I am about done with this site and these issues. You never used to have these problems but lately it seems you do. I hope you check your quality control more in the future. there is absolutely no need to post your resolution or email me about this problem. I'll figure it out myself just like I did on the other games.

two word: quality control

this is what seperated you from the rest before, that and prompt fixes.

gypsy278
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by gypsy278 on Apr 28, 12 8:03 AM
LindyMac wrote:I have installed the new version after getting the original crashing bug. Upon opening level 32 I am presented with just a background, no factories, no weather, I have to ctrl+alt+del to get out as I don't even have menu buttons :/

I am also having that problem. On level 32 all I have is a background. The tree's are swaying but no factories or weather or menu options. I really want to finish this game. Any advice??

[Post New]by Casper_14 on Apr 28, 12 8:10 AM
gypsy278 wrote:
LindyMac wrote:I have installed the new version after getting the original crashing bug. Upon opening level 32 I am presented with just a background, no factories, no weather, I have to ctrl+alt+del to get out as I don't even have menu buttons :/

I am also having that problem. On level 32 all I have is a background. The tree's are swaying but no factories or weather or menu options. I really want to finish this game. Any advice??

I am having these exact same problems. Are there any solutions yet???

LindyMac
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by LindyMac on Apr 28, 12 9:24 AM
I tried to replay from the beginning to see if level 32 would work that way (I know that wouldn't make any sense but my experience with computers tells me the most random solution often works) got to level 24 and started getting the access violation again :/

Fawn9
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Fawn9 on Apr 28, 12 10:20 AM
Casper_14 wrote:
gypsy278 wrote:

Same problem here too. To get out I just hit Alt+Tab and then close the window.. this is really frustrating

[Post New]by myrlings on Apr 28, 12 12:37 PM
I, too, have the access violations occasionally, but since they occur more or less randomly they aren't a huge problem. The real problem I am having is also with level 32, but it is not the same one. One of the swamps, when I use the sun on it, does go through the normal drying procedure (gets smaller in three steps), but it also retains the original shape outside the smaller shape, only this time I cannot drop weather onto it. I figured this was just a graphical glitch, so I played the rest of the level, but in the end I could not win the level since the game didn't consider that I had dried all the swamps. This is a much more serious problem since it means the game is effectively over for me; the problem occurs every time I load the game, no matter what I reset.

This is a real shame, because it is so rare that a game which is truly different comes out, especially one that is so fun to play, I was delighted to buy it. But it is ridiculous to release a game that is so buggy a large percentage of people can't finish it. I know big fish doesn't pay a lot of attention to the bugs that people get after a game is released, but if ever a game needed a patch this one does.

[Post New]by tmmgtinok on Apr 28, 12 2:40 PM
Fawn9 wrote:
Casper_14 wrote:
gypsy278 wrote:

Same problem here too. To get out I just hit Alt+Tab and then close the window.. this is really frustrating

[Post New]by tmmgtinok on Apr 28, 12 2:40 PM
Fawn9 wrote:
Casper_14 wrote:
gypsy278 wrote:

[Post New]by tmmgtinok on Apr 28, 12 2:41 PM
I am having the same problems with level 32 and only the background with the swaying trees. I was having the crashing problems until I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but now I cannot advance past level 31. Please fix this!~

[Post New]by pettrainer on Apr 28, 12 7:37 PM
tmmgtinok wrote:
Fawn9 wrote:
Casper_14 wrote:
gypsy278 wrote:

Same problem here. I have had NO issues, until I hit level 32 and just get the beautiful background with no other options, except to alt-tab to manually close the program. This is frustrating as everyone has said, this is a new and fun game.

interpdeb
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by interpdeb on Apr 29, 12 9:18 AM
level 32 only a background and nothing. I have to CTRL-delete to get out of the game

Mum65
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Mum65 on Apr 29, 12 11:23 AM
I cannot get passed level 32 - just the background. Sad!

[Post New]by kbgood7 on Apr 29, 12 1:27 PM
level 32 only a background and nothing. I have to CTRL-delete to get out of the game

same issue here

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Apr 29, 12 2:40 PM
Hi everyone,

If you’ve reached level 32 and are seeing either a display issue or you’re getting an Access Violation, this is something our team is looking into. If you haven’t tried uninstalling and reinstalling your game, or the steps in our Access Violation help article, then I would give those a try as they can help in some cases.

Uninstalling and reinstalling your game
Access Violation

If you click the blue text it will take you to the article.

However if you’ve already tried these and Level 32 is still giving you trouble, I would definitely contact our Customer Support team. This will help us better track the issue, and a rep will be happy to help you out with your purchase.

bfgCimarron

[Post New]by kbgood7 on Apr 29, 12 7:51 PM
not getting violation issues the level is blank no farms or button to escape on level 32 just landscape

[Post New]by qd1_deb on Apr 30, 12 12:47 PM
trillian wrote:
BlueStarFish wrote:
LVKiva wrote:I'm having a different problem. I can download and install the game without issue, but cannot 'grab' the clouds to combine them in the first instruction screen. I can buy the clouds - I can click on and highlight the farms - but can't grab the floating clouds, which makes the game unplayable, of course.

I've tried uninstalling and re
installing with no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks.

I had the exact same problem.
So after a lot of swearing, uninstalling, re-installing and still having the same thing happen (i.e nothing can be "grabbed") - I found out what caused it:

I am left-handed and have the buttons on my mouse swapped - left-click is on the right-most button for me.

So what I did, was quite simple - I reset my mouse to the original setup, that is right-hand use. then re-started the game, and everything worked fine!

I will not purchase, however, as it is too straining to play a TM game with the mouse buttons in the wrong place.

Thanks! Reverting my mouse from left handed to right handed solved the "grabbing the cloud" problem for me as well. However, I too am unwilling to buy a game that I have to play wrong-handed.

CEdem
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by CEdem on Apr 30, 12 1:18 PM
kbgood7 wrote:not getting violation issues the level is blank no farms or button to escape on level 32 just landscape

Thats what i am getting also. the game worked fine until level 32.....all i see is pretty swaying background trees swaying. no buttons, nothing.

[Post New]by lilpollyesther on Apr 30, 12 9:57 PM
I'm getting the choppy, intermittent sound someone else mentioned. The actions are slow and imprecise, making the play for a good time finish not possible. I would like to buy the game, but it's too frustrating.

Go to: