Level 58, HUH??

Re:Level 58, HUH??

[Post New]by snoopymiller on May 14, 12 5:51 PM
I have tried everything that people have suggested and NOTHING works.

mlogan
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by mlogan on May 15, 12 11:17 AM
Sarahsponda THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I must've played this level 50 times and your method was the only one that worked for me.

To others: I too have taken eco only path, and this method is what got me through. I think not buying the second car was a key part.

[Post New]by Sarahsponda on May 16, 12 12:30 PM
SO HAPPY it helped!!

[Post New]by sweetmedium1962 on May 16, 12 6:47 PM
Finally got it after (like level 53 I think) after 20-25 tries. I chose eco both times (second time through the game and first time I picked money once and eco once) and had something around 900 seeds to start the level due to shooting a few too many animals earlier in the game. First thing I did was build the factory while clearing two brushpiles. As soon as the factory was built, I produced 1000 materials and immediately built a villa.

I don't know if it matters or not, but the first 20-something times the villa was being finished right after day four was completed, not giving me any money. I finally got it built just in time to collect the 1,400 after day four instead of having to wait until after day five. This allowed me to get the second villa up a day earlier and the rest just kinda fell in place. Not saying that's the case for everyone, but it's what ended up being the biggest difference between the first 20-something tries and the final try when I finally got gold.

jkw999
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by jkw999 on May 20, 12 1:12 PM
I think you have to do the "eco" first and then money to get gold here. I did money first and then eco this time and start this level with only 950 eco. I have not killed any animals or dug up any trees and have finished all the mystery islands with gold. If you have less than 1000 eco here, I don't think there is any way to get gold here.

Has anyone else managed to get gold starting with less than 1000 eco?

Thanks!

nanekochan
Minnow
Minnow
261 Posts

[Post New]by nanekochan on May 21, 12 8:27 PM
Sarahsponda's method worked for me, but I had to make a few tweaks so that I would be done in time:

1. Build the tennis court before the pool.
2. Clear the ape on the top right before you clear the ape at the bottom right, then the ape in the middle right.
3. Pay a little more attention to the ice cream stand than to the fruit tree and the ponds, because the ice cream stand takes longer to build than the ponds, and it takes a while for the workers to get there. But you do have to finish the last pond slightly after the ice cream stand.
4. Make sure that you finish the first villa before a day ends, otherwise start over. Build the 2nd villa with no delays either.
5. I think that it's better to buy supplies in quantities of 500 rather than wait so you can buy 1000 supplies every time, at least when there is a bit of lag time while waiting for the money to come in.
6. Buy the parking spot before the extra employee.

When I did these things, the process sped up by just a little bit.

As for money versus eco, I did this with less than 900 money and over 1200 eco...which meant that I had to buy 900 x 3 and 600 x 1 seeds to finish (4 trips). Because of that I think you can get away with as little as 900 eco, so you can finish in 4 trips again. You'll just have to wait a bit longer to build the fruit tree but it won't delay the ponds at all.

Edited on 05/21/2012 at 8:40:03 PM PST

grndpiano
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by grndpiano on May 24, 12 3:07 PM
After many many many tries, I finally did it with seconds to spare:

1 Build factory right next to main building
2 Send worker to clean trash above main building
3 Send worker to clean trash on bottom path
4 Gave next trash in middle seciont highlighted and clean asap
5 Get 1000 wood
6 Get 500 wood and start building Villa right above main building
7 As soon as villa is built if done properly you'll get money, collect
8 Get 500 wood and scare top monkey
9 Collect trash at top left and build villa asap
10 Collect money get a worker
11 Start scaring all monkeys and finish cleaning up trash
12 Keep collection money's and making wood
13 At some point, I hesitated on building to buy a car
14 At 2000 wood, build pool
15 At 100 wood, build tennis court
16 Should have enough money now to build greenhouse
17 You should need 2500-3000 more wood
18 Alternate between wood and greenhouse on full purchases
19 Asap build bridge and make fruit tree at farthest point in middle
20 Clean trash on right
21 Keep buying seeds
22 Clean other trash on right
23 Asap build Ice Cream
24 Make fruit tree or shrub
25 Lastly, make other eco item...should have 2 fruit trees and 1 shrub

I finished with seconds to spare...Now for number 59.....

[Post New]by spreadlaughs on May 25, 12 8:50 AM
I followed Jarloc's method blindly and cleared the level comfortable in 3rd try!

evettsonoe
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by evettsonoe on Jun 3, 12 12:29 AM
Thank you! This worked for me with about half a day to spare :-)

Sarahsponda wrote:I GOT IT!!!!!

I have never posted to these forums before, but have benefitted a lot from everyone's advice here. I felt this level deserved a response.
This is the hardest level I've ever played in any game. I have probably played it 50 times using every method y'all have posted and modifying and nothing has worked until now.

I played eco all the way through and didn't have enough money at the start to get 1000 built after the first payday, so I was beginning to think it was hopeless, but it's not! Here's how I did it (with a quarter day to spare).

Some notes: Don't upgrade anything or host any events. Only buy one car and buy it at the right time. Only hire 2 workers. Don't ever have more than 2 workers scaring monkeys at a time. Always be ready for the next thing and make sure you have enough workers available for the next thing. If you miss a step, or even delay it by more than a second, just start over.

1. Build factory
2. Clear 2 open brush piles
3. Clear 3rd open brush pile once worker is available.
4. Mill 1000 the moment the factory is done
5. Build 1 villa
6. Hire 1 worker
7. Scare monkey at the north end of path
8. Build second villa
DO NOT UPGRADE
9. Clear brush piles on either side of 2nd villa and save
10. Buy one car (you won't buy the second one)
11. Scare bottom monkey, then monkey and brush pile blocking planting plots
12. Build pool
13. Build VB court
14. Mill 2500 (don't mill the last 500 till after you've started building the greenhouse)
15. Build greenhouse
16. Build bridge (same time as greenhouse)
17. Get seeds (900 x 4)
18. Clear brush to east of stream
19. Plant fruit tree first (immediately as seeds are available)
20. Build Ice cream stand in open plot
21. plant 2 ponds

Good luck!

evettsonoe
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by evettsonoe on Jun 3, 12 12:35 AM
Thank you! This worked for me with about half a day to spare :-)

Sarahsponda wrote:I GOT IT!!!!!

I have never posted to these forums before, but have benefitted a lot from everyone's advice here. I felt this level deserved a response.
This is the hardest level I've ever played in any game. I have probably played it 50 times using every method y'all have posted and modifying and nothing has worked until now.

I played eco all the way through and didn't have enough money at the start to get 1000 built after the first payday, so I was beginning to think it was hopeless, but it's not! Here's how I did it (with a quarter day to spare).

Some notes: Don't upgrade anything or host any events. Only buy one car and buy it at the right time. Only hire 2 workers. Don't ever have more than 2 workers scaring monkeys at a time. Always be ready for the next thing and make sure you have enough workers available for the next thing. If you miss a step, or even delay it by more than a second, just start over.

1. Build factory
2. Clear 2 open brush piles
3. Clear 3rd open brush pile once worker is available.
4. Mill 1000 the moment the factory is done
5. Build 1 villa
6. Hire 1 worker
7. Scare monkey at the north end of path
8. Build second villa
DO NOT UPGRADE
9. Clear brush piles on either side of 2nd villa and save
10. Buy one car (you won't buy the second one)
11. Scare bottom monkey, then monkey and brush pile blocking planting plots
12. Build pool
13. Build VB court
14. Mill 2500 (don't mill the last 500 till after you've started building the greenhouse)
15. Build greenhouse
16. Build bridge (same time as greenhouse)
17. Get seeds (900 x 4)
18. Clear brush to east of stream
19. Plant fruit tree first (immediately as seeds are available)
20. Build Ice cream stand in open plot
21. plant 2 ponds

Good luck!

aljensal
Clownfish
Clownfish
555 Posts

[Post New]by aljensal on Jun 9, 12 2:43 PM
I've managed Gold with 840 eco to start. I have chosen money path twice but I have never shot an animal and only chopped one tree when necessary, so had 840 eco. I had to build 2 ponds and 1 tree.

I didn't buy any cars or upgrades, and only 1 extra worker.

[Post New]by metaldogsg on Jun 19, 12 9:03 AM
None of the suggestions really worked for me because I'm a slow clicker and my mouse "sticks". But after many tries, I managed to get gold with the following:

7 workers, 2 villas (one upgraded to level 2, other one to be demolished later in the game.

1. Build factory in space nearest to camp.
2. Meanwhile, clear the junk at the bottom near the factory and the junk on the road heading north.
3. Make 1000 wood and build villa in the space next to the factory as soon as possible.
4. Make 500 wood and add a star, clearing the roads to the north only IF you have men to spare.
5. Upgrade the villa again as soon as you have the 500 wood.
6. Make another 500 wood and upgrade immediately.
7. By this time you should almost have cleared the road at the top and dug up the treasure.
8. Keep making wood - as soon as you have 100 wood (whether you have finished clearing the roads or not), build the 2nd villa in the SECOND space at the top, in other words, the space at the end of the road north. DO NOT upgrade this villa.
9. Keep clearing the roads but DON'T make wood or build anything until you have bought the 2 cars.
10. As soon as you have bought the 2 cars, start making wood again and build the volleyball court in one of the spaces next to the villa in the north and buy 3 more workers whenever you have spare cash.
11. Next, build the pool.
12. As soon as you have money, build the greenhouse in the space just above the work camp and start making seeds.
13. After the pool has been built, you need another 3000 wood. Stop making wood after that.
14. Immediately send a worker to build the bridge to the right, clear the junk and dig up the treasure.
15. When you send out the worker to build the bridge, send workers to demolish the villa in the north and build the ice cream stand in its place.
16. As this is going on, plant a tree and 2 ponds.

That's it. (No need to clear all the way to the right, no need to make use of the space there and DON'T demolish the tree there.)

[Post New]by dariusenka on Jul 19, 12 2:59 PM
Metaldog, thank you, thank you, thank you.
This was the only way that worked, I started with less than 900money and it took me long to make supplies and seeds at the same time, there was always some change missing.
It took me like a week to get through this.

[Post New]by BuddhaBuddy on May 27, 13 1:22 AM
Sarahspondas method worked for me, but it was REALLY close! I took eco path both times, but I messed up on ONE level and didn't notice that I had missed a treasure before accepting it, so I was 10 gold from being able to immediately buy the second set of 1000s supplies. This made several levels much closer than they probably had to be, but I eventually got gold on everything.

I had to REALLY pay attention when doing the part across the bridge and the tree/ponds. I needed to make sure that immediately after clearing the debris I got the treasure before the guy wandered away, and them immediately built the ice cream stand before he wandered away again. Same goes for the guy who built the tree. I built the pond just as he finished the tree (at the farthest spot), then built the first pond as he walked by the spot, and same for the second pond. If you do it too soon, someone else has to walk all the way over from the starting point, and I kept missing it by seconds, but if I make sure it was the same guy doing everything across the bridge, and the same guy doing the tree and ponds, I got it with seconds to spare.

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Jul 26, 14 2:07 AM
WOW!!!

I have just discovered T.M Games, & I love them.

1. I played the regular levels until we were given the choice: money or eco.
I chose ECO.
I've had just a few problem levels UNTIL LEVEL 58. I don't understand how a game that I have understood to this level (Yes, I did have had to replay several levels to get the right answer.. But how do we get to this level and they put in a game THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE.

I've read your hints. No upgrades/buy only one car. Use only 2 employees. I'll give this a try. I cut down the big tree so I could put in enough homes. Was that correct???

MY APPROACH---To L. 58
I put up all 5 buildings...Greenhouse/building house, ice cream/VB/ & pools.
Then I used every other space to build the highest level of HOMES. I cut down the tree over the river for an extra space to build another building.
I CAN'T GET 200 ECO point for the life of me.

NEED HELP/SUGGESTIONS!!
Originally, I asked a stupid question: Where is the gold. In my mind I was collecting MONEY..not gold. Of course I knew about the gold. I chose to play w/out a clock so no timing problems--BUT

Am I going crazy...Perhaps, After playing lever 58 about 7 or 8 times, and can't get those (expletive deleted) eco points, crazy may have slipped in!

So
I'll try suggestions but have not much hope. OH...Can I skip this level???
Thanks for listening to my very LONG post. Sorry, I am just "wordy"

OnWisc
(Apparently a "fish" out of water)

Edited on 07/27/2014 at 10:37:59 PM PST

Go to: