Re:Welcome to Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum forum

[Post New]by Wendowlene on May 9, 12 4:11 PM
I don't have enough boards to build the ladder up the tree and the elevator won't work for me to go back to the room and see if there's any boards there.

Plase don't tell me the only option is to start the whole game over

[Post New]by mmcfall on May 10, 12 7:04 AM
I cannot get the door to open from the selection of the books. I have tried it many, many times with every conceivable order and nothing happens. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by linda123t on May 10, 12 8:37 AM
Wendowlene wrote:I don't have enough boards to build the ladder up the tree and the elevator won't work for me to go back to the room and see if there's any boards there.

Plase don't tell me the only option is to start the whole game over

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on May 10, 12 12:25 PM
Hi everyone,

It looks like there are a lot of game play questions in this thread, along with some issues that might be tech related.

First, I want to let you know that we did release an update version of the game on May 1 that fixes the technical glitches that players were experiencing. You can learn more about the update and how to get it here.

If you get stuck at any point in the game, you can also try is looking over the walkthrough we have here.

If you're still having trouble, it might help to start a separate thread so other Fishies will see exactly what your question is and can pop in with their advice.

And if you're running into the game freezing, or not letting you move on even after you've done what the walkthrough shows, then there might be a technical issue going on. We have a separate thread for those questions here.

You can also contact our Tech Support Team by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

I hope this helps!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 05/10/2012 at 12:28:22 PM PST

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on May 13, 12 9:40 AM
Well, I am very pleased with this game. It has SG thruw the whole game & wasnt even a CE!!! I love when developers do that! The graphics were good, I liked the story...the length was decent. No complaints from me on this one! So enjoy!!!

[Post New]by masterchef999 on May 16, 12 8:58 AM
This game is very, very slow on my computer. I have loads of games but none are as slow as this one. Waste of money!!!

[Post New]by tigerjade39 on May 17, 12 7:44 AM
i have looked at the walkthrough and i cant work out the dials on the tv.i looked at the xray.please someone help me stuck on this bit.

druids
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by druids on May 21, 12 3:29 PM
I was three steps away from finishing the game and --guess what? The glitches came back. I started the game over three times with different profiles, and the HO scene that was supposed to give me the hammer gave me five HO scenes instead, with a blank list at the end--no hammer. I just looked at the end on the SG. GRRRRRRR. It was an excellent game except for that.

bookworm1940
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by bookworm1940 on May 25, 12 12:01 PM
Something I found that worked for me...on occasion, the on-screen guide and the walkthrough tell you two different things. The WT sometimes said go left when they meant go right. Go to the cemetary when they meant go to the small house. Little things like that can really throw you off. I found if the WT didn't get me where I was supposed to do the next thing, I checked the on-screen guide for that section.

I bought the game AFTER the fix, but was still having problems with the elevator not working when I'd press the shaped buttons. I created a "Dr. Felix" report, sent an email to customer support. They said it looked like a couple of my video card drivers needed updating. Gave me the step by step way to get them, then to uninstall the game and reinstall it. I did that, and just to be safe, deleted my old profile, and began anew with a new profile. When I got to the elevator section again, the shaped buttons worked perfectly!

I didn't have any problems picking up stuff, (water glass, nails, hammers, etc.) Sometimes I'd have to complete a HOS to get a SECOND hammer after I'd used one in a previous scene. Then I could go back with that hammer and get the nails into the tree.

So...maybe if some of you are still having difficulties even after installing the fix...try sending a Dr. Felix report to Customer Support. That really saved my bacon. I was able to finish the game. I will have to say though, that this was one of the hardest, toughest games I've played. I shared your frustrations many times, but by hanging in there, and constantly (I know...it's a pain in the rear) checking the WT against the on-screen guide, I was able to get through it. Glad I did, but don't think I'll replay it any time soon. Off to play something with nice, bright colors and lightheartedness!
Good luck, all!

Welcome to Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum forum

[Post New]by joffak on May 28, 12 6:46 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

[Post New]by nalababi on Jun 2, 12 9:08 AM
I am in the boiler room and when I try to fill up the tank with the gas container it keeps saying nothing happens. I've tried a bunch of times. Anyone one what to do ?

[Post New]by beryll70 on Jun 4, 12 7:41 AM
lpslov37 wrote:I am having trouble trying to open the briefcase by the fountain the walkthrough says the code is 962 but i have tried it for about ten times and nothing happens. Please does anyone have the same problem?

I have the same problem. I cannot input the code because I only have a magnifying glass.

I have uninstalled the game and re-installed it to no avail still can't change the numbers to 962 or to any other combination.

Please help someone.

[Post New]by katohavice on Jun 7, 12 7:07 PM
I could not start the generator so I deinstalled and reinstalled, started over as a new player. Now I cannot open the briefcase. I want my money back

joseron
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by joseron on Jul 18, 12 3:45 PM
I too am having trouble opening the briefcase by the fountain. I only have the magnifying also, what do we do as until the briefcase is open there is no way of continuing the game. I would like to continue as I love playing this game. Surely there must be an answer to this.

joseron
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by joseron on Jul 19, 12 2:25 PM
Hi Beryl 170 Did you ever resolve this problem?

joseron
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by joseron on Jul 19, 12 3:31 PM
lpslov37 wrote:I am having trouble trying to open the briefcase by the fountain the walkthrough says the code is 962 but i have tried it for about ten times and nothing happens. Please does anyone have the same problem?

joseron
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by joseron on Jul 19, 12 3:42 PM
I read somewhere in the forum that if you go to the bottom of the stairs in the asylum on the right hand side there are magazines, click on and look for the code - its there alright but is still 962. However when I went back to the fountain and clicked onto the briefcase I was able to open it this time, after endless previous attempts, and got the remote control. Spooky! trouble is I didnt get a Hidden Objects, so I'm no further forward but I did get the gas from the garage. Then I went back to the asylum and accessed the lift, but am stuck there too as I am unable to enter the floor with the 7 doors - the doors to the elevator open and I can see the entrance to the 2nd floor but when I click forward I am back where I started. Think I'll give up on this game, too frustrating. Not doing my, already high, blood pressure any good.

[Post New]by geogirl1963 on Jul 27, 12 5:50 PM
There are many codes and such in this game. You can get the codes for from the walkthrough, BUT "if you don't get them from within the game you can not open the locks or the puzzles". You need to find the codes within the game to trigger the locks or puzzles.

Annie522
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Annie522 on Jul 28, 12 4:22 PM
joseron wrote:I read somewhere in the forum that if you go to the bottom of the stairs in the asylum on the right hand side there are magazines, click on and look for the code - its there alright but is still 962. However when I went back to the fountain and clicked onto the briefcase I was able to open it this time, after endless previous attempts, and got the remote control. Spooky! .

I did as you suggested and it worked! But the guide in the game never mentioned looking at the magazines. Thanks so much

Go to: