Re:Post any Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum technical issues here only

[Post New]by IslandGirldjw on May 6, 12 1:31 PM
I inflated the balloon and it did not go into inventory. I can't find the moth at all. Stuck, downloaded after the fix, checked for updates manually and nothing available. Don't want to start over, will be requesting refund.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on May 8, 12 4:06 AM
I also cannot spraypaint the duck or get the nail and I really do not want to start all over again - getting a little tired of games with glitches. Perhaps I should just stop buying new games until they have been out for a month or so and have had the problems sorted out....It would be nice if the developers would fix these things or even (gasp) test their games properly before rushing to release them....

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 8, 12 1:26 PM
Hi Fishies,

It sounds like a few of you are still running into some problems with the gas mask after installing the latest update for Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum. If that's happening, I recommend starting over in the game with a brand new player profile as mentioned in my earlier post, as there could be a mix up with saved data causing that.

You might also find some helpful information in our walkthrough for the game here:

Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum Walkthrough

For Fishies seeing some errors with graphics and blank screens, you can visit our help article covering some troubleshooting steps you can take here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the recommendations in that help article aren't working, or starting over with a new player profile isn't allowing you to get past a part you're stuck on, please contact our Tech Support team and they'll be happy to assist you.

Happy gaming!

bfgSeine

Maryish
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Maryish on May 9, 12 5:13 PM
Rhysdux wrote:I got the lever that I was supposed to use to pry open the elevator doors, but it would not work on the elevator--or anywhere else. Mercifully, I managed to finish the game without any trouble, but the fact that I couldn't do what I was supposed to do was a bit of a worry.

This happened after I had reinstalled a new copy of the game AND had deleted the original profile and had started over. Really, nothing should have gone wrong...but something did.

I am having the same problem with the lever and elevator. This is the third incident on this game for me. Is it possible to bypass this step? I do not want to replay game over as this would be my 3rd time :--(

[Post New]by Babs_06 on May 10, 12 12:18 PM
donwass wrote:Cant Find the Cobweb for the door

I also cannot find the cobweb for the door, where do I look next?

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on May 10, 12 12:26 PM
mysharona1 wrote:I noticed on the link for the update on the fix that it does not mention a fix for how so slow and lagging the game is running for some of us. Why hasnt that been fixed???

Playing this game is getting to be impossible. It's like trying to wade through treacle. everything is just so slow. it started OK and so I bought it and within 10 min. it started to go slow. It's sooooo annoying.

I have continued playing and I came to the cemetery, got the boat out of the grave and went to do the HO game that had been sparkling and it had gone. Its not there anymore and now I can't get the saw I need to carry on. Anyone know what to do other than start again from scratch, which I don't want to do as (with the slow speed of the game) it's already taken an age to get where I am.

Edited on 05/11/2012 at 2:19:27 AM PST

[Post New]by Hdbrown on May 10, 12 4:19 PM
I can't remove the nail with the pliers....and I don't think I'm doing anything wrong.

[Post New]by sandiclarke02 on May 12, 12 6:19 AM
Neither can I

Edited on 05/12/2012 at 6:23:11 AM PST

Sugarbella
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Sugarbella on May 12, 12 9:49 AM
Very annoying same issues with no glass. Never had these type of technical issues before with a game. This is after uninstalling and reinstalling. This is supposing to be a stress relief. Oh well.

[Post New]by jaynewhalen1 on May 13, 12 5:28 AM
i cant pick the feather up in the hidden object scene where u paint the duck,has antone else had this problem ?

nannybrite
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by nannybrite on May 13, 12 10:25 AM
My problem started at the get go. My cursor was very jerky and had to quit the hour. BooHoo.

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by goddess280653 on May 15, 12 3:20 AM
Hey BFG any suggestions about not being able to spray paint the duck yellow (it worked the first time) but then the yellow duck disappeared and bingo the green one was back in its place and cannot paint it no matter how many times I try. Cannot get nipple onto bottle or pull the nail out (worked the first time I tried and then bingo again the nail was back in the same place). I get that I am not the only one with the issues with this HO scene - I have a laptop that is only a couple of months old and I never have problems with games not running properly. I always find it interesting that not every fishy experiences the same gliches and that there is quite a wide range of them. How about a fix please devs or I will be requesting a refund !!

[Post New]by Crouton1 on May 15, 12 5:32 AM
Maryish wrote:
Rhysdux wrote:I got the lever that I was supposed to use to pry open the elevator doors, but it would not work on the elevator--or anywhere else. Mercifully, I managed to finish the game without any trouble, but the fact that I couldn't do what I was supposed to do was a bit of a worry.

This happened after I had reinstalled a new copy of the game AND had deleted the original profile and had started over. Really, nothing should have gone wrong...but something did.

I am having the same problem with the lever and elevator. This is the third incident on this game for me. Is it possible to bypass this step? I do not want to replay game over as this would be my 3rd time :--(

I also I'm having a problem with the level. Is everyone having the same problem? If not, let us know to "where we have to place It?". It would be a great help!

Jeriann64
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Jeriann64 on May 15, 12 3:17 PM
jaynewhalen1 wrote:i cant pick the feather up in the hidden object scene where u paint the duck,has antone else had this problem ?

[Post New]by tigerjade39 on May 17, 12 7:36 AM
Babs_06 wrote:

I also cannot find the cobweb for the door, where do I look next?
the cobweb is near the roof.as you put the cloth to go on the roof their are some wooden boards remove them with the crowbar then you will find the cobweb.

katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by katiepops on May 21, 12 8:42 AM
I had trouble with the gas mask in the kitchen too and being able to push the red button. But when I went back into the "study" I found the gas valve on the desk (it is not very obvious) and went back behind the pool and put it there to complete that puzzle. Then went back into kitchen and was able to don the gas mask and push the red button. Fixed?
No.
Now the gas mask is gone, it keeps telling me that it's better but still some gas, the hint button tells me to push the button on the dryer and it is just like the gas button. Nothing.
I keep bumping into one problem after another. I am hoping this is another case of needing to do something else but haven't figured it out yet.'
I only have a moth, a magnet, a piece of paper and a triangle piece.
*sigh*

jbinch
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by jbinch on May 22, 12 12:35 PM
I'm having the same problems as everyone else with this game. And starting over with a new profile is not an acceptable answers from Tech Support. I've already uninstalled/reinstalled (after the apparent upgrade) and started over with a new profile only to run into a different glitch everytime. Really tired of the quality of the games being offered and lack of attention to the problems. With so many people having problems with this one, it is definitely the software and not our computers. I've asked for a refund and would recommend everyone do the same. And, with all the issues everyone is having..why is the game still being offered???

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 22, 12 1:57 PM
Hi Fishies,

It sounds like a few of you are still experiencing some problems with items not interacting or items disappearing. The first thing I recommend trying is to uninstall and reinstall the game. I've put a link to our help article here that covers how to do that:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and it hasn't helped, I do recommend contacting our Customer Support team, as they're better equipped to provide specific help for each issue.

I hope we can get those errors resolved so you can get back to gaming!

bfgSeine

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on May 24, 12 7:35 PM
Strange....I finished the game but still had the "lever" for the elevator shaft, and a flashlight! The lever wouldn't work at all for the elevator shaft and I have no idea what was supposed to happen there. I was able to finish the game but....strange!

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on May 24, 12 8:28 PM
Okay almost finished with this game and I liked it alot, but my problem of disappearing is different. I am in the graveyard and put hose on faucet to fill hole to get the boat..on the right is a sparkling HO scene (pg 29 of SG) ..well when I picked up the boat the HO scene disappeared and no matter what I do it hasn't come back. I hate having to start this game all over again. I know about changing profile and uninstall/install BUT don't want to start over. I was trying to figure out if you guys did a fix for all the disappearing problems? However, then if I want to use the fix I have to uninstall so I once again have to start over. I really think games of this caliber should have been QC'd better before issuing to us.

Go to: