Schmootoo
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

Re:Post any Gardenscapes: Mansion Makeover™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by Schmootoo on May 24, 12 4:02 AM
Playing this game on a pc that can run new games on high settings with no problem (Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, SWTOR etc), but when I run Gardenscapes: MM my graphics card starts heating up until I have to stop playing simply because the noise of the GPU fan is so annoying. I don't see why a simple game like this should stress my GPU so much when I can play far more complex games with no problem.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this might be happening? Someone posted earlier about a problem with the game needing a 32bit environment or something - I have Win7 Ultimate 64bit but I'm playing Gardenscapes under WinXP (SP2) compatibility - may have nothing to do with the problem at all but just thought it may be a possibility?

matthew06
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by matthew06 on May 25, 12 5:07 PM
I bought Mansion Makeover and my computer will just crash after playing the game for about 2 hours or so. Have no idea why. Soon after I bought Mansion I had purchased the Garden Makeover one because the Mansion demo was great. I managed to complete the Garden Makeover after computer crashing, restarting and waiting and playing again. I thought at first it was just a problem with Mansion makeover. I have no problems with large file games or ones with great graphics etc. Have no clue as to what is the problem. Anyone else with this problem? When the computer was restarted it said it had a Windows error and resolution should be changed. Did that and it said couldn't do that because laptop couldn't handle it. So went back using the laptop monitor. Same problem with both makeover games. Decided to take the hit on the costs.

[Post New]by cybrdragon on May 30, 12 9:30 PM
I played Mansion Makeover for a couple of hours with no glitches at all. Then my screen suddenly went black with a white moveable cursor. Long story short, it killed my computer and for the last two days I've been desperately trying to restore it. My drive was corrupted and I had to figure out how to wipe it using dos commands and reinstall Win 7 from a DvD that I had to make on our other computer (restore partition didn't work). It kept hanging up on install and I had to do various other things to finally get it to work.

The clean install works fine and there seems to be nothing wrong with my hardware. The last two days were a nightmare and I think this game caused it. I won't be downloading or trying to play it again. A real shame, as I paid for it and I was really enjoying it. A refund would be nice, I guess.

For the record, I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Maybe the game is just not compatible with anything but 32-bit systems. I don't know how to run it under 32-bit on my system. If anyone does, please let me know and I MIGHT try it again!

[Post New]by scrapper3 on Jun 1, 12 12:20 PM
I bought this game today instead of trying first as I usually do. Now the only problem I have is it will start fine then suddenly slow to a crawl its like playing in slow motion! Then it will speed up for maybe enough time to locate 1-2 items then back to slow. What's with this? I thought maybe my computer or whatever else and quit. Then played the game which I bought last week. It works fine as all my others. Any ideas?

[Post New]by lieveke1987 on Jun 13, 12 1:04 PM
I bought the game yesterday and was able to play for around two hours, I shut the game of normally ... when I started the game again this morning it blocked right from the beginning, I tried to reinstall the game several times, but I still have the same problem ... can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance

[Post New]by jodymiko on Jul 13, 12 3:49 AM
scrapper3 wrote:I bought this game today instead of trying first as I usually do. Now the only problem I have is it will start fine then suddenly slow to a crawl its like playing in slow motion! Then it will speed up for maybe enough time to locate 1-2 items then back to slow. What's with this? I thought maybe my computer or whatever else and quit. Then played the game which I bought last week. It works fine as all my others. Any ideas?

I have the same problem, I have checked drivers, etc. Uninstalled, reinstalled, a few times. I have a feeling this game isn't compatible with 64 bit. Which is a shame as I love these sort of games. If anyone has a fix it would be appreciated.

[Post New]by archer1 on Jul 15, 12 3:50 AM
my game keeps freezing and the only way l can close the game up is through task manager
l am playing another gardenscapes game and am not having a problem with that way freezing at all
would love to purchase this game as well as enjoy playing it but not while it is freezing

[Post New]by TypQxQ on Jul 31, 12 1:21 PM
Crashes on startup. Using Win 8 Build 8400 x64. Screen flashes and it exits. Tried diffrent compability modes without luck.
AMD Hardware, Latest ATI Graphics driver for Win8.

Edited on 07/31/2012 at 1:22:06 PM PST

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Jul 31, 12 3:35 PM
Hi everyone,

If this game is giving you trouble with crashing or freezing and the steps in the Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen help article aren't helping, then I would definitely get in contact with our Customer Support team. One of our reps will be able to take a closer look with you and this will help us better track any issues:

How to get in contact with Customer Support

Thank you!

bfgCimarron

[Post New]by arenda on Sep 8, 12 8:59 PM
Gardenscapes: Mansion Makeover has a low memory footprint when running on Windows 7 32 bit, but when run on 64 bit the memory usage runs up to 1.2 gig before it starts lagging and eventually crash.

Can we expect any updates to fix this issue?

[Post New]by ninjatea on Sep 28, 12 6:30 AM
I'm at the part where I can buy windows and doors, musical instruments, a fountain, and greenery. Every time I do a room and return to the main hall, the phone rings, then the game crashes.

[Post New]by sueszootoo on Dec 16, 12 11:26 AM
I purchased the full version after playing the demo. The downloaded with no issues but refuses to start. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times to no avail.

[Post New]by Boppinrobin3 on Jan 4, 13 2:52 PM
I tried to download the trial version of Gardenscapes: Mansion Makeover, the other day starting at 2:00 am CST. The site said that it was downloading the game, but it was really just downloading some Game Manager for hours. Then it was downloading the game AGAIN! Now I know that my AOL Dial-UP is slow (because they don't give me enough speed) but to spend between 2:00 am to 10:00 am CST(when I quit because I do have a life) and still NOT have the game completely loaded, is ridiculous!!! I had thought about buying the game and the precursor to it: Gardenscapes, because the price was right that day, $2.99 a game for new customers which I would have been. However, I have reconsidered after reading these forums and hearing about all the problems you have with this Game Manager of yours and with paid for games not loading. The latest problem I had was today when I tried to play the online version of Gardenscapes: Mansion Makeover and it wouldn't load, I tried for 1 1/2 hours. All that I got today is a picture of Austin the butler, snoozing in the armchair in front of the fireplace for 1 hour. I tried the online game the other day and it worked just fine, that's why I wanted to try the free trial and then perhaps buy it. But your site seems to just take customers money and then maybe they get a game that works and maybe not and according to the forums there is NO customer support to be found.

vnyc
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by vnyc on Feb 2, 13 3:33 PM
does this game come in an ipad version?

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Feb 19, 13 3:38 PM
Hey there Fishies,

If you're continuing to experience issues downloading or playing the game, please get in touch with Tech Support and they'll be happy to help further. To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

vnyc: Welcome to the Pond! You're in luck - the iPad version was just released today! To access it just check in the App Store.

I hope this was helpful!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by TeraVanadis on May 14, 13 6:17 AM
I'm trying to buy the games on the trial version in my ipad and it dosn't work. I push the button buy now and nothing happen.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 14, 13 11:12 AM
Hey TeraVanadis

Welcome to the Pond!

There could be a few reasons why that purchase isn't working but if you go ahead and contact our Mobile Support Team one of our Reps will be happy to work with you one-on-one to see why that may be happening!

Just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left to reach them.

I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

drewcifer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by drewcifer on Jun 12, 13 6:23 AM
I own the other games in this series along with Farmscapes. This one I downloaded the 1 hour trial and played for 7 minutes then everything moved slowly for a few seconds then it froze. I uninstalled/reinstalled it and after 7 minutes it did the same thing. I am running Windows 7

[Post New]by WarreSchauwaers on Jun 18, 13 11:29 AM
I downloaded the game on my ipad, and now the game asks me to buy it, but wen i press 'buy', the game doesn't react and i have to wait a long time before i can press 'buy' back again... Can someone help me with this irritating problem?

ryguy8192
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by ryguy8192 on Jun 24, 13 12:36 PM
I just got the game downloaded from KOGamer.com; and everything seems to be well video-wise but I am not receiving any sound whatsoever. There was an OSA Player (I think that was the name) file included with the game and installed last night. I have not tried running the game with the said device. Does anyone think that this will solve my issue?

Go to: