Nagster
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

Re:Reviews for Gardenscapes: Mansion Makeover™

[Post New]by Nagster on May 4, 12 8:20 AM
Enjoyed the first Gardenscapes and enjoyed this one too. After you purchase a Grandfather Clock, notice that it keeps the right time! Love those little extras.

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on May 4, 12 4:24 PM
Great game, loved it as much as the first, great graphics, game play, cute antics - bird chirping, fish jumping, etc....No need to repeat what others have said....

My dog's name is Phidoughx....

TY Big Fish!!!!

Seascape6
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Seascape6 on May 4, 12 4:34 PM
I played for about 5 minutes and then used my coupon code to purchase. I'm a Hidden Object Adventure person, but I loved Gardenscapes and already know I'll love this one. Honestly, I don't even know why I bothered with that few minutes of demo, as I knew I'd want this game.

It's just plain ol' happy, uplifting fun! I like that!

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on May 5, 12 12:09 AM
Well, it's three am and I just finished this game. What fun it was! If you enjoyed Gardenscapes and Farmscapes, you will surely like this one. I especially liked the surprise ending. I read where one fellow fishy loved our friend playing the piano. I wanted to try that when I was at that part and doggone it I forgot. Have to give it another go round I guess. Now I will wake up hubby who long ago fell asleep on the couch and get him to bed. For old folks, we keep very late hours. Please try this game. It is a happy break from the more tense games.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on May 8, 12 10:14 AM
I never purchased the first one, but after playing and buying this one, I may have to reconsider. This is a nice game, with cute graphics. If one is a HOG fan, this one has tons of levels. Once you finish a level, or even the entire game, you can still keep on playing, in order to earn more money for more decorating make overs. HOG lovers should enjoy that.

HiLupe
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by HiLupe on May 8, 12 6:43 PM
I thought this game was just as delightful as the first Gardenscape. I play in relaxed mode and take my time. I love seeing the inside of the mansion transform and often take a few minutes to watch the butler and the dog. I think this is a thoroughly enjoyable game and highly recommend it as a calm, relaxing way to spend a few hours.

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on May 9, 12 5:24 PM
Hi everyone, After reading all the comments the other fishes have made, I can only totally agree and add my absolute enthusiasm for this lovely game. It has been a complete pleasure to spend time renovating the mansion and to have the added bonus of a screen saver (with sound effects - love the bird chirps!). What a joy, after the game was over, to have all the people appearing for a celebration party. It brought a big grin to my face, as I'd been prone to speaking to them throughout the game! I recall asking one of them why on earth they wanted to pay so much for a fly!!!
Note to myself: MUST GET OUT MORE!
Hope to see more Gardenscapes - how about a bedroom makeover? Just a suggestion..... Love to you all, Pat_ric_ia x

CLEMONSTWAIN
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by CLEMONSTWAIN on May 10, 12 11:05 AM

Delightful game! Enjoyed it to the end. I have the orig. Gardenscape and this sequel is well worth my money. Farmscape was fun but I'm not comparing it to this game as it is an M3 game. If you liked the first Gardenscape you will love this one. Austin is back and many of the friends from Gardenscape 1 ans Farmscape drop by. Great colors, easy on the eyes graphics and easy on the ears music. I played the "timed" version to the end but you have an option to switch back and forth "timed" / "relaxed" throughout the game. The best part is no penalty for the extra clicks we all occasionally do. 5 hints are readily available if needed. If you haven't encountered a Gardenscape before please give the Demo a try.
I love the company logo dragon being part of the game.
We named the dog Tbird... after a very special grand.

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on May 15, 12 11:01 AM
A lot of fun; in some ways more so than the original. Not sorry I bought it, but I would be lying if I did not express some disappointment; this game is considerably shorter than its predecessor, a trend I am seeing way too much of in games distributed by BFG and it is not just one developer who is doing this.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 18, 12 3:43 PM
Entertaining, pleasant, fun, happy, cute, moves quickly. I had lots of FUN playing this game. Shopping and refurbishing are fun pass times. The hidden object scenes were colorful and well drawn and not boring. The objects were not too small and for the most part pretty easy to see. It's a great game to play a little at a time or a lot at a time, with no worries about getting lost or forgetting what has happened in the story. Very playful and playable!

BFFirefly
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

[Post New]by BFFirefly on May 20, 12 11:31 AM
Enough reviews to explain the premise of the game so will not waste time there but like the previous Gardenscapes the sequel is just as fun and entertaining. Well done PlayRix and BF for bringing yet another enjoyable game I just had to use my game credit for as soon as the demo finished. Thanks to the poster that also mentioned Farmscapes as well. I don't know how I missed that one but BF should give you a punch card credit. After downloading and playing the demo, it looks like I'll be making another game purchase very soon.

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on May 23, 12 2:26 PM
I will add my kudos for this game. Enjoyed it very much. Austin made me chuckle when he surprised me by asking: "I've been meaning to ask you, Pat: do you always play at night?"

And I do, almost always play at night, as it's the only time I have to myself.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 25, 12 3:19 AM
After having finished the game now - at long last - I can honestly say that I much prefer the first game. However, I prefer the hidden object scenes in this game, because the graphics are better.

I had much more fun with the garden, and I also think that Austin was more funny in the first game. Although I did enjoy furnishing the Main Hall of the house, I really preferred adding and changing things in the garden.

Also, there was far more interaction with other people who came to visit and sent letters in the first Gardenscapes game.

However, apart from Austin and furnishing the house/garden, this is not only a very basic HOG, but having to revisit the same rooms over and over, until you have enough money together to buy all the things you can buy, is getting really boring and repetitive after a while.

Perhaps, if there ever will be another Gardenscapes game out, some more variety could be added so that we don't have to revisit the same rooms over and over.

[Post New]by MystressMayhem on May 26, 12 5:22 PM
Faylyn wrote:I own the first Gardenscapes and enjoyed it! I bought this one immediately. I agree with all the favorable reviews and comments but have a question. I finished the game and still had two windows that had not opened for play. Does anyone know why that is? One looks to be the bathroom, I don't remember what the other one looks like.

I particularly enjoyed Austin playing the piano I named my doggie, Gus.

Game is a lot of fun and I was hoping it would go on and on.

I'll give it simply because there are two rooms still unplayed that I can't open.

Faylyn

[Post New]by MystressMayhem on May 26, 12 5:26 PM
Thumbs down because two rooms never opened.

rockey69
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by rockey69 on Jun 1, 12 3:34 PM
I love this game, I didnt play the first one, but love fixing up the house. The dog is so cute, it is different from the other Hidden Object games, was ready for a change. Well worth the money and time.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jun 10, 12 9:59 PM
Strangely, I quite enjoyed the demo. Maybe a little bit like playing the old children's game, Game of Life. I would never spend money in order to finish playing, but the hour demo was a nice, fun diversion. I would think this might be very suitable for older children if you have any of those in your house.

Edited on 06/10/2012 at 10:03:19 PM PST

Kassy9
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Kassy9 on Jul 7, 12 5:58 AM
I really enjoyed this game. It was a real departure from the dark, over complicated adventure games that I have been playing for a while. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a fun, playful game.

loriaudio
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

where is the dog biscuit needed to rescue the dog?

[Post New]by loriaudio on Jul 25, 12 2:54 PM
ifound all the bones ut cant find the biscuit PLEASE HELP

[Post New]by Lady_Rose111 on Aug 10, 12 8:53 AM
Great game- a few glitches:

~I also can't get all the rooms to open. I opened the bathroom once, but not on subsequent games.

~Some of the games ask for a "tennis ball" and the correct choice is actually a baseball.

~The game where you are supposed to find wrenches the side bar says "20 keys".

It would also be nice for the original game and this one to have the rooms get progressively less cluttered until the entire room is clear for a bonus.

Other than that, lots of fun.

Go to: