ediegamer
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:Post any Secrets of the Dark: Eclipse Mountain Collector's Edition Forum technical issues here

[Post New]by ediegamer on May 9, 12 8:44 PM
I am getting sick and tired of going round and round with tech support regarding this game and getting a refund. I posted earlier explaining that after I played the trial version, I purchased the full version and got the "unable to initialize/reinstall" message. I contacted tech support and explained the problem and attached a diagnosis. They determined that my computer probably should be replaced because it's too old to play most of your new games and it was suggested that I try to do some updates on my computer to see if the game could work. I have very few problems playing your games, as my purchase history will indicate, and this is the first time I've experienced a problem like this. Usually, if I have a problem with a game and request a refund, it's given without this hassle. In addition, my question was never answered as to why the trial worked and the full version didn't. Obviously, if a trial doesn't work, I would never purchase a full version. Regardless of whose fault it is that it doesn't work, the point is that I spent $15 on this game and it's not working, so I want a refund. I've never gotten such a run-around before and am so disappointed with BFG that I am seriously considering terminating my membership.

Edited on 05/09/2012 at 8:56:51 PM PST

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Post any Secrets of the Dark: Eclipse Mountain Collector's Edition Forum technical issues here

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 10, 12 12:15 AM
Hi ediegamer,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with this game. I strongly recommend getting back in touch with the Tech Support folks who assisted you earlier by replying to their last email. They can assist you further with refunds, or you can ask for the issue to be escalated to a senior advisor if you prefer.

We Moderators have no access to those tools, but Tech Support can definitely assist you further!

bfgRhone

[Post New]by miss_syrah on May 12, 12 1:18 PM
I too am having the 'Unable to initialize. Game reinstallation may be required' error message after installing the full version over the demo version. I have tried all the regular things. Removed all the associated directories and registry entries. I have the latest video drivers, java, flash, etc. This is the first game that I have had this happen in. Although I have another game that I tried as a CE and bought the SE and that will not do anything other than just appear back at the game manager without any error reported and not go the the play this game again screen. I have tried 5 times removing and re-installing. I have many other games that are a lot larger than this game. I have installed games from BFG over 900 MB with no problems. I am also ready to request a refund. I did really enjoy the demo. It's too bad.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 17, 12 2:10 PM
Hi miss_syrah,

Welcome to the Pond, and I'm sorry to hear that's happening! If all drivers and software programs on your computer are up to date and you've tried reinstalling the game already, I would recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support team. I also recommend running a Dr. Felix Report, which will help us possibly determine what's causing that to happen.

I hope we can get that working for you!

bfgSeine

jcballar
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

Re:Post any Secrets of the Dark: Eclipse Mountain Collector's Edition Forum technical issues her

[Post New]by jcballar on May 18, 12 8:10 AM
Pickles77 wrote:Bought the game cause I loved it so much but.......I keep getting kicked out of the game and sent back to the main menu and have to keep hitting resume...maybe not a major problem but very annoying! It didn't do that when I tried the demo ...anything I can do to stop this from happening? I really want to play this game...anyone?

I am getting exactly the same problem as Pickles77 and it happens approximately every 60 seconds. Very irritating and I would not have purchased the CE if this had occurred during the demo.

UPDATE: This only happened through the first three chapters and then stopped.

Edited on 05/19/2012 at 11:23:34 AM PST

[Post New]by kaholmli on May 18, 12 9:05 AM
I had no problem with the demo and then after purchasing the game and even after reinstallations still cannot get into the game. Out of 359 games bought from Big Fish Games I can play 358. Why not this one?
Refund isn't an option as I really liked the game and want to play. Are someone working on this problem and is there a patch coming?

quynne77
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Re:Post any Secrets of the Dark: Eclipse Mountain Collector's Edition Forum technical issues he

[Post New]by quynne77 on May 18, 12 7:24 PM
Quailridge wrote:I bought the game also and after download was complete all I received was the message, "You own this game. Play again". Hadn't played it at all. I requested and did receive a refund very promptly. Pity as the game looked interesting.

I played the trial and bought and this is what I am getting - "play again, you own this game" it just cycles this information - I've sent a Dr Felix and screen-dump to the tech support and I'll see what results. I hope I can end up playing it as it does seem interesting.

ETA: I got a quick response from Byron in Seattle (tech support) and after looking at the Dr Felix report, somehow, he could see that my game had not activated so after uninstalling the game and removing the hidden save files and reinstalling the game it is now working fine.

This is the first time I have bought a game using the option from the expired game to use credits rather than on the website and while I don't think this had anything to do with this problem I won't use that option in future.

Thanks Byron

Edited on 05/18/2012 at 11:38:08 PM PST

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 29, 12 7:12 AM
kaholmli, if your trial version worked for you and the unlocked version didn't, I'd recommend to have your save data removed to let the game start anew. Customer Support can help you with that.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the right of the screen to submit a support ticket.

bfgRhone

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on Jun 2, 12 2:17 PM
Game is great. I just got stuck in the extra, the clock does not want to open after setting it for the 12:50. any ideas?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jun 3, 12 1:12 AM
phoenix_rising wrote:Game is great. I just got stuck in the extra, the clock does not want to open after setting it for the 12:50. any ideas?

Did you push the big gold button under the clock face after you set the time?

DBlueChri
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by DBlueChri on Jul 15, 12 2:47 AM
I solved the "Unable to initialize. Game reinstallation may be required"-Problem.

Because I had a virus on my pc, I must do "format c:". After reinstall Windows XP I didn't reinstall all Servis Packs from Windows and other Installations from Windows. After doing this (Service Pack 3 I think), I can play the game now.

I hope this helps

Please excuse my bad english, but I am out of school many years

[Post New]by winellen on Mar 28, 14 5:18 AM
I am in the final temple maze. The marble is stuck in the middle of the maze and won't move. I'm playing hard core and there isn't an option to change the difficulty level to skip the puzzle. I'm on a new Mac. I liked this game until now. Any ideas?

Edited on 03/28/2014 at 5:19:53 AM PST

Go to: