Welcome all to this groupplay and thanks JB for doing the write up

Edited on 05/05/2012 at 4:43:42 AM PST

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

Re:Groupplay for RtMI2: Mina's Fate has started May 5th, all welcome to join

[Post New]by mariannequilts on May 5, 12 5:31 AM
Talking about manners..... , I want to thank you CfG for setting up this thread. It's a lot of work and obviously appreciated by we Adventurers. You're always in here for us.

I've already seen to it that poor Jep got killed. It was those ** nasty bees **.

Question....what does it mean when Jep is in the left corner, but an image of Mina appears over his head ? ?

Also, Mina says that Jep needs to ** get washed. I'm at the basin of water and am told I need a receptacle. ** Clue please

Edited on 05/05/2012 at 5:36:18 AM PST

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on May 5, 12 5:59 AM
Marianne I think that image above Jep's head means either he needs to do something for her or he's near something that he needs for her. Something like that.

Jep needs to be *dirty to safely get the bees. That is not until he has to save Mina from something bad. Don't try to put them in you're inventory (been there, done that ), they don't like it. Jep's image will get dirty when he goes to the mud flats and clean when he (you click on) the basin by the pottery wheel the first time. When everyone is clean and you click on the basin, it will say you need a receptacle. *

To get Jep's *energy up, try hugging Mina. * It works wonders

You are all most welcome for the gameplay! And thank you from me to CFG for setting up these threads!

Edited on 05/05/2012 at 6:00:27 AM PST

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on May 5, 12 6:10 AM
Ah...thanks so much jboliver. I was really stuck....and confused.
I've been giving lots of ** hugs **, whenever it appears. I have been trying that method first.

Edited on 05/05/2012 at 6:10:56 AM PST

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on May 5, 12 6:25 AM
Hi - please sign me in as well. Happy game play everyone!

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on May 5, 12 6:26 AM
Sunshinej you can repeat *the notes for the girl monkey. There are only five notes ( beginning note with all four holes covered and one note for each finger lifted). Just listen to what each note sounds like. There are no repeats and she whistles four notes (kind of like a Close Encounters Of The Third Kind experience ). Just click on a finger and it will lift and create a new note. * I'm not sure if that explains it well enough. It does raise the friendship level. You will find that there are *monkeys you can be nice to (grooming is a give away) and monkey who will stay your enemy. *

March_Hare
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by March_Hare on May 5, 12 6:29 AM
Hello all - I'll be playing along as well though I won't be able to get underway until this afternoon/evening sometime (too much yard/garden work to see too ).

Once again, thank you CfG for launching the group play and thanks for the game play tips jboliver.

I played the RtMI quite a few years ago and really liked it, so am looking forward to the sequel. Cheers

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on May 5, 12 8:15 AM
Hello again to all. I am in too. I'm not sure when I'll start but I intend to play this group play.

I read that some of you were surprised with the download bar. The same thing happened to me with the bar filling up and the 1.7 billion bytes showing up. I thought I'd never get it downloaded because I kept getting "delayed write errors" after I got over 1 gigabyte. I finally downloaded it in safe mode. It was a strange download. It counted up to 2.02 billion bytes then started counting down to where it was supposed to be. It wouldn't install in safe mode but it installed when I rebooted my computer. I ran the opening screen just to make sure the game played. It did.

It's good to be back with the crowd. Good gaming and good fun to all.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 5, 12 8:24 AM
Well I started and so far I have managed to kill Jep and send the other off to the hospital because she is very very badly dented from being hit by flying nuts .

Anyway I thought I would come see how the rest of you are doing while I am sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for DH to get up from his afternoon nap and come to my rescue. I swear it wasn't that hard to co-ordinate 3 years ago when I played the game before because I distinctly remember cheering when I had done it. I know exactly where I need to click but still can't get it right despite resting and trying again .

pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp p
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp ppp
pp pp pp pp pp o .
pp pp pp pp C .
pp pp pp
pp pp pp pr
pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp p pp pp
pp pp ppp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oooh there are signs of life in that the floor boards are creaking, off to make him some and do some grovelling .

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 5, 12 8:26 AM
Catching those things is quite a challenge!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 5, 12 8:27 AM
It looks like BFG has decided that its HOGs are very small so it doesn't need a very large register for the number of bytes to be downloaded and has forgotten about LFAs.

F in hex at the left-hand end of a number, whilst large, is used in 2's completement notation for a negative number. 1 word = 4 bytes, 2 words = 8 bytes, 1 character = 1 byte = 8 bits. 7 of those bits are usually used for a number and the left-most bit for the sign. 2^7 -> 2^15 -> 2^31 etc as the size of the register increases.

Each byte has two 4-bit hex pairs. These are called nibbles.

Edited on 05/05/2012 at 8:38:31 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 5, 12 8:36 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:Be aware that there is an unfixed bug in this game that would mean you have to start again.

There should be 3 lumps of clay. Sometimes the game will 'lose' one of them before you get to use it.

I actually only received 2 lumps of clay so what should we do about it, anything or nothing please Mr Russ?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 5, 12 8:39 AM
You'll need to go back to an earlier save, cherbtoo. You need all three lumps.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 5, 12 8:43 AM
Oops forgot my manners .

Thank you for this group play thread Cfg and thank you to all helpers too .

Good Luck Everyone

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 5, 12 8:53 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:You'll need to go back to an earlier save, cherbtoo. You need all three lumps.

but ... but I hadn't saved the game before that so will have to restart darn it .

I think I will go there first before doing anything else like fetching Mina's bandage this time then and just keep doing that until I get 3 lumps.

Thanks MrRuss even though I am not happy at what you said, I do appreciate knowing.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 5, 12 8:53 AM
hi signing in again (do we need to do 2 official sign ins?) I'm so happy can manage to play this thanks to Mr russ.

Anyway I've been wandering around with a bee hive on a stick, didn't know what to do with it so dropped it and of course killed jep. Of to try again (and to check if I have 2 or 3 lumps of clay) thanks for that Mr Russ!

Edited on 05/05/2012 at 8:54:31 AM PST

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on May 5, 12 9:03 AM
Hello, checking in but can't start playing until later.

Sorry you have to start over Cherbtoo, I've certainly been there, done that on other adventure games, including part 1 of RTMI.

Thanks for the glitch advice Mr. Russ, I will be saving often until I'm passed the challenge that requires (3) mud.

Good luck adventuring and have fun everyone!

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 5, 12 9:05 AM
@gingergal nothing really official is needed here. I am listing you playing since you popped in here. The annoucement threads are merely just a reminder and to attract new people.

I already found good use for the **beehive or was it a wasps nest? Did you came across the jaguar already?**but before that, I also managed to kill Jep

Just counted my lumps of clay, yup I've got three.
Also found a very interesting way to deal with the snake

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 5, 12 9:08 AM
oh cherbtoo sorry you have to restart. edit - catfishgal just saw your post thanks and thanks for the thread again (no and no - I guess I have more exploring to do!)

OK I'm stuck already. re nuts - Is there a tip for Jep to break the nuts?

I don't want to click on red face and go on easy mode yet. spoiler When I wait for this arm to raise he either shakes his head and puts his arm down or when I click on the nut (and I've tried clicking everywhere in the green circle) it just says of target and shoots out and hits the other monkey. But if I try with his arm a bit lower he misses it.

Any tips?

Edited on 05/05/2012 at 9:13:29 AM PST

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 5, 12 9:09 AM
@Mr_Russ are you playing too? Or is RL still too busy?

Go to: