CplDave
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Post any Malice:Two Sisters technical issues here only

[Post New]by CplDave on May 5, 12 9:07 AM
I am at a little after the start of Chapter 4, escape from the basement. Everything working fine until now. Suddenly items I am picking up are not going into the inventory. I picked up the bucket, coal shovel, fire piston, pipe ... none are there now and I am stuck because they are gone and (obviously) I cannot use them. The inventory scroll buttons on the sides don't do anything.

Any help?? Do I have to reinstall the game and will I have to start over?

Dave

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 5, 12 9:17 AM
CplDave wrote:I am at a little after the start of Chapter 4, escape from the basement. Everything working fine until now. Suddenly items I am picking up are not going into the inventory. I picked up the bucket, coal shovel, fire piston, pipe ... none are there now and I am stuck because they are gone and (obviously) I cannot use them. The inventory scroll buttons on the sides don't do anything.

Any help?? Do I have to reinstall the game and will I have to start over?

Dave

Sorry if this sounds silly but did you realise that the arrow buttons do not glow when you can use them. Just press them again and see what happens. I could be wrong and apologise if you have already pressed them

CplDave
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by CplDave on May 5, 12 9:40 AM
I tried again and they go down and click, but I see the same items. It doesn't move right or left. it seemed to start when all 7 slots that show on the screen were filled up and I clicked on the bucket which would have been the 8th item.

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on May 5, 12 9:45 AM
lovely62 wrote:I want be buying until they get the bugs out of the game, I got booted out of the game when i took the plate off the Robot..Looks like a fun game..

Exactly the same problem. I no longer have the patience to fiddle with the innards. I do like the game, but will wait for the fixes.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 5, 12 10:51 AM
limey_scale wrote: Re D/L again, accepted the OpenAL installer and still received an Access Error Violation - off to Tech Support, yet again

Hi Limey

You probably still have the "save" file for the game on your computer, which might be the reason for the problem.

Apart from what PeglegAnn suggested, you might want to try this as well:

Open your Windows Explorer, click on your username (that's the name you give your computer), and then click on the folder "AppData", and after that click the folder "Roaming".

Make sure you have "Show hidden files and folders" ticked in your "Folder Options", otherwise you won't see those folders.

In this section you will find many of the games' "save" files and such, you have installed on your computer. Look for the one for this game - either it's called by the game name or by the developer name - and then delete it. That might help.

Good luck, and thank you for your kind words.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on May 5, 12 11:19 AM
I had no problems until I reached the shack next to the school. At that point the game locked up and gave me an access violation. That's that for me.

[Post New]by pendle_witch on May 5, 12 11:33 AM
tatsu1952 wrote:Ah well, I guess somebody has to be the first. I get as far as opening the robot's chest plate and the game freezes. When I control-alt-delete, it comes up with an access violation. Even before this, the cursor was a bit sluggish. Have uninstalled and reinstalled, but it freezes at the same place. Off to do a Dr Felix

Mine does exactly the same Have you had any luck getting yours to work properly yet?

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on May 5, 12 11:58 AM
Kelili wrote:
limey_scale wrote:Did anyone else get a dialogue box from Creative Labs to open an OpenAL.32dll installer and other OpenAL files? When I clicked cancel (suspicious ) another box popped up and told me installation was incomplete. However, installation completed and activated the trial but when I clicked play, I got an Error Access Violation (I have a 1 year old Win7 laptop)

I closed the OpenAL popup and although it said installation complete when I started the game another box popped up to tell me I would have no audio unless I update or install OpenAl.
I continued anyway and they were right, I have no sound.

The same happened to me. After seeing that, I was like, "Aaaap, never mind!" and deleted/uninstalled the demo. It looks like a good enough game, but don't need the unnecessary nuances!!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 5, 12 12:11 PM
Hi Fishies,

It sounds like a few of you have encountered some problems with OpenAL. That's an audio software program that can be bundled with some games, including Malice: Two Sisters. If you're encountering an error with OpenAL, I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the game and looking for any packaged installers with the game during that process. Installing OpenAL should get rid of those errors and make sure you have sound in the game. You can find more information on how to uninstall and reinstall your games here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If reinstalling the game isn't helping, please contact our Tech Support team and they'll be more than happy to assist you.

I hope that helps and enjoy the game!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by nanlas on May 5, 12 12:37 PM
When I exited the game and went back to resume later, it started from the beginning again, any idea why it wont continue from where I left off?

[Post New]by abbotsford on May 5, 12 1:12 PM
I cannot read the print. Anyone else having this problem? It look like another language but the word Play is okay.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 5, 12 1:22 PM
Hi nanlas,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening. There can be a couple causes for games not saving, but sometimes if the game doesn't have permission to save the files to your computer, it can cause your game progress to be lost. You can try looking at our help article covering how to run games as an administrator to see if that might help here:

Run Game as Administrator

If running the game as an administrator isn't helping, you can contact our Tech Support team and they'll be happy to assist you.

I hope that helps, and happy gaming!

bfgSeine

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on May 5, 12 1:42 PM
It downloaded and now when I push play my screen starts blinking and doesn't start! helppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on May 5, 12 3:52 PM
I downloaded, installed, etc. Then I got the message to Open AL. Having never seen this before, I clicked on the red X. Then I got a window telling me the game would play with no sound. So since, I always keep voices and background sound down low, I thought, OK. Then the screen went black, and I had to control/alt/delete my way out. I tried to start again, and this time it started. I got stuck at one point, quit, went to the walkthrough, tried to start the game again....and wham...another black screen. Sooo....c/a/d all over again. That pushed the limits of my patience, so I won't be trying this game again.

[Post New]by blaurita1 on May 5, 12 4:16 PM
seems like a great game but mouse is locking up games freezes. Already try uninstalling and reinstall same issue.

QUZEMOTO
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by QUZEMOTO on May 5, 12 8:39 PM
when i first tried to open this game up it said open al needed to be down loaded, another game was playing could not be played, then it opened up and said there would be no sound and there was not. i uninstalled/ reinstalled and then about ten minutes into this game it gave me an error access, then a box came up saying it could not be played another was already running, then it brought up a black box the size of a cell phone screen and it disappeared and then it returned me to the game mgr. i went back in and played a few more minutes. after getting the ladder and the ribbons out of the tree it keeps saying i could climb higher if i had a ladder. and thisw is all i am getting. can not play the game further. these are the same problems i had before getting a new larger hard drive installed. i am really getting fed up with this crap. it also signed me out of the web site and reply and game mgr. all at the same time. then it won't accept my password. can't id it.

Edited on 05/05/2012 at 8:42:47 PM PST

vkacademy
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by vkacademy on May 5, 12 8:56 PM
Game crashed right before one of the cinematic animation scenes and gave me an access code violation message. I restarted the game and it played fine except there was no sound.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 5, 12 9:35 PM
Hi vkacademy,
Check the game options to see if the music/sound etc have gone back to zero.
This (the no sound thingamebobby) happened to me when I first exited the game for a break, but was OK after I re-set them.
I hope this is the solution to your problem.
Cheers

Edited on 05/05/2012 at 9:36:37 PM PST

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by unicornone on May 6, 12 1:41 AM
tatsu1952 wrote:Ah well, I guess somebody has to be the first. I get as far as opening the robot's chest plate and the game freezes. When I control-alt-delete, it comes up with an access violation. Even before this, the cursor was a bit sluggish. Have uninstalled and reinstalled, but it freezes at the same place. Off to do a Dr Felix

same problem here... can pick up hidden items but not it seems use them. Guess this is a no buy for me as I have tried uploading again with same issue every time.

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on May 6, 12 3:21 AM
Hi Peglegann & Valdy
Thanks for your help. Tried your advice but to no avail . I D/L on my old XP03 desktop, it D/L fine, starting playing (cursor bit sluggish) and when I got to the robot in the hold, the screen froze and had to do a hard shut down as it wouldn't even let me Ctrl+Alt+Del. Anyway, I guess this game is not meant to be for me and I really liked the look of this one to while away a gloomy day here in Deal, UK
Again, thank you for assists.

Limeyscale

Go to: