Re:Reviews for Tiger Eye: The Sacrifice

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on May 6, 12 11:13 AM
I am real surprised at some of the negative feedback. I think this is a great game and graphics are as good or better than the first one. I also am enjoying this one more too. Had plenty of puzzles that gives you hints if you can't figure them out and also good instructions on what you have to do to solve them. It will be a buy for me and I give this a 4 out of 5 stars..

Edited on 05/06/2012 at 11:13:28 AM PST

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on May 6, 12 11:47 AM
The long awaited sequel to Tiger Eye: Curse of the Riddle Box has finally arrived, after about 2 plus years and much speculation that it would ever be made.

Does it deliver? Yes and No. No on the cut scenes (not the actual gameplay graphics for me, as such), because the characters don't look the same; they are lacking. In Part 1, Hari was almost 7 feet tall and something to behold. In this one, either Dela has grown or Hari shrunk in the wash. This wasn't at all what I expected.

Having read the book a couple of years ago, I can understand why some gamers found the storyline out of sync with the first part - it's because the story in the book takes a more 'detective' slant later on (that is what Marjorie M. Lui's books in this series are all about), plus it is setting up the story for Kitala Bell, the fiddle player for the second book. Perhaps not the best slant to take when continuing a game.

The puzzles were great and I loved the colourful scenes. A different take on the H0G slant, but probably better understood if you had read the book, and subsequent tomes. Still a from me.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on May 6, 12 11:49 AM
I am amazed at all the negativity on this game. I actually like it! However, I like more puzzle oriented games. Yes, the graphics are definitely dated and it is not as good as the first, but it is not all that bad. I certainly like it better than yesterday's CE. My only complaint to the developers is that you really need to update your graphics. They are very dated. But, enjoy everything else!

Pleiadestar
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Pleiadestar on May 6, 12 12:42 PM
Having purchased Tiger Eye Part One when it first came out, and loving the game as I do I was expecting great things from the sequel. HOWEVER - this game truly sucked!

The graphics were as if drawn by a kindergarten class, the story line was BORING. The only things that were the same were the voices (for the most part) There was no actual HOG here - and the puzzle games were repetitive and stupid. I dont know why I bothered to save my BF credit for this travesty.

Passionfruit games KNEW how much everyone was looking forward to this game - and they sold one using the NAME but none of the charm of the original.

My rating = PEEEEEEE EWWWWWWW

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on May 6, 12 4:45 PM
Having enjoyed the demo of this one I decided to replay part 1 before playing this game. I love both of them. The game play is brilliant and the puzzles are great. Can't understand the negative comments re the puzzles - give me these over the dull boring same old ones you find in all other games any day.

All I read these days are comments that players are all hogged out, sick of dark and eerie, sick of hospitals/asylums etc., etc., Well this is something different and I love it. AND I'm enjoying the storyline and keeping up with it just fine.

Thank you devs for NOT changing the gameplay too much from the first one.

sigrid1
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by sigrid1 on May 6, 12 5:41 PM
Played for the whole day. Love it! So nice to have a game with joy and love instead of blood and fear.......And I'll have to play again cause I had to skip most of the puzzles! Great game.......

[Post New]by doofenschmurtz on May 6, 12 11:34 PM
Sheerija wrote:There's no comments thread, but even if there were, I would only refer anyone to this thead, because I bought this game from the devs last month. This is a review based on the completed game.

I should apologize to the devs for what I am about to say, but I am not going to. In this day and age, with the high quality of games coming out from around the globe, if a game as below average as this one is put out there, they cannot expect not to bear the brunt. They deserve to hear it, and hear it they shall.

I am well familiar with The Riddle Box, having replayed it a few times. It is an extremely good game in all respects. This sequel easily made my list - my Worst Games Ever List. It bears no resemblance to the prequel whatsoever. It is rough and crude and filled with tiny objects that make it necessary to constantly hit the hint button. The puzzles are dumb and there is no logic to the story, which I found impossible to follow.

It all takes place in the town square from which a handful of locations lead off. Hari features about 3, maybe 4 times, tops, and has little to do with the game play or the story. He's like a token figure.

After The Riddle Box, it was announced that the sequel had been shelved. They should have left it that way. Passionfruit Games must have undergone a huge staff change, and these new guys have done the company's rep much harm with this awful game. How they could think that this has any redeeming qualities, I cannot imagine.

It simply stinks.[/quottTHANKS FOR THE GREAT REVIE DEFINETLY A NO BUY

FOR ME PLAYED THE DEMO AND NOT AS GOOD AS THE FIRST AND THAT WAS JUST SO SO.IT'S TRUE THIS COMPANY HAS GONE THRU SOME ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGES AND NEEDS TO BETTER THEMSELVES

moonchild8
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by moonchild8 on May 7, 12 4:11 AM
I seemed to have missed the first game "the Curse of the Riddle Box" last year and I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy this one after playing the demo.
So I decided to give "The Curse of the Riddle Box" a try and I liked that one so much I bought it instead of this one.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on May 7, 12 7:48 AM

moonchild8 wrote:I seemed to have missed the first game "the Curse of the Riddle Box" last year and I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy this one after playing the demo.
So I decided to give "The Curse of the Riddle Box" a try and I liked that one so much I bought it instead of this one.

I'm sure you'll enjoy Riddle Box and then you'll why many of us waited for the sequel. I even bought the book....

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on May 7, 12 11:38 AM
I played the demo for 45 min and have decided to buy. I have so many credits and I really like this game.

Not to parrot what has already been said... the graphics are fine. I didn't see a thing wrong with them. Some of the objects are small but you are not penalized for clicking so they aren't that hard to find. The hints are also very generous.

The puzzles.... I love them and there are a lot of them. I've only had to skip one as I hate those type where you have to get a certain pattern by clicking on levers and each time it changes what you've already accomplished... these drive me crazy, but that's OK because I had plenty of hints to use a skip.

What I like the best of all is.... no regular lists of items to find in a junk pile. Yay! So far as I've played I had to find a certain number of items like tools, pages, etc. from the different scenes. I enjoyed this type of play because it's different.

Not everyone will agree on everything in this world but I think the reviews here give you a very good idea of the game. I read quite a few of the reviews until one said... no regular HOG scenes.... then I knew I'd have to try it. I did and loved it.

Edited on 05/07/2012 at 11:41:27 AM PST

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on May 7, 12 12:52 PM
I think the first game was the first game that I got the chance to try in advance and I did like it, bought it when it was released. It has been a long time since playing and usually do buy sequels, but not this time for all the reasons alreaded stated. Mini games are alright as part of a game but I thought this was mislabeled as a ho game instead of puzzle. So for puzzle lovers it probably is more attractive, just not to me. I think for a dd I may purchase since it is a sequel and I'm always curious as to how the story continues. Got too many on my to buy list already! As said be sure to try it out and decide for yourself.

Edited on 05/07/2012 at 5:36:55 PM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 7, 12 1:27 PM
I don`t like this game really much. The graphic is so-so, gameplay okay, storyline also only okay. For me its a no buy yet. Maybe as a daily deal someday.

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on May 7, 12 4:30 PM
Sheerija wrote:There's no comments thread, but even if there were, I would only refer anyone to this thead, because I bought this game from the devs last month. This is a review based on the completed game.

I should apologize to the devs for what I am about to say, but I am not going to. In this day and age, with the high quality of games coming out from around the globe, if a game as below average as this one is put out there, they cannot expect not to bear the brunt. They deserve to hear it, and hear it they shall.

I am well familiar with The Riddle Box, having replayed it a few times. It is an extremely good game in all respects. This sequel easily made my list - my Worst Games Ever List. It bears no resemblance to the prequel whatsoever. It is rough and crude and filled with tiny objects that make it necessary to constantly hit the hint button. The puzzles are dumb and there is no logic to the story, which I found impossible to follow.

It all takes place in the town square from which a handful of locations lead off. Hari features about 3, maybe 4 times, tops, and has little to do with the game play or the story. He's like a token figure.

After The Riddle Box, it was announced that the sequel had been shelved. They should have left it that way. Passionfruit Games must have undergone a huge staff change, and these new guys have done the company's rep much harm with this awful game. How they could think that this has any redeeming qualities, I cannot imagine.

It simply stinks.
I agree with EVERYTHING you've said here.

rogerscove
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by rogerscove on May 7, 12 6:03 PM
So very disappointed. I loved the first Tiger Eye and was eagerly awaiting the sequel. But as others have pointed out, this doesn't even resemble or follow the first story. Being a bit of a romantic, I was hoping to see the two characters continue their story and enjoy the game play as in the first. Not so however. I don't know what the devs were hoping to achieve with this "sequel"; certainly not to sell it. I doubt I would even consider this as a Daily Deal.

meb28
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by meb28 on May 7, 12 9:04 PM
I was disappointed in this game. It wasn't about the graphics or the puzzles or even the HOG scenes. Something was just off about this. I won't complain anymore everyone else has stated very volubly what precisely annoyed them and what they didn't like. I just felt meh about it once I finished it. It will take quite a bit of wooing to get me back for another game from this developer. Sorry fishies I can't recommend paying for this one and keep your credits as well.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on May 8, 12 10:21 AM
I downloaded the game and I have to say that is not so bad, I ended up finishing the entire demo, because the match three game, I love when HOgames mix and match puzzles and mini games.

The story was nice it have voices, the scenes were good, graphics good and for a SE is worth the money.

Its a buy for me.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on May 8, 12 10:25 AM
I purchased this game without finishing the demo. The storyline interested me... enough so, to find out how it ends. So far, I find the graphics very nice, and I enjoy the many unique puzzles. Good voice overs too. Will see how it goes... so far, good.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on May 8, 12 11:36 AM
I played part of the demo and liked it well enough to buy. It's something different and I appreciate that! I had to switch to my system cursor because the custom cursor was slow and didn't want to go where I wanted it to. Otherwise, no tech problems so far. Good game.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on May 8, 12 6:03 PM

It simply stinks.

I couldn't agree more. I,too, purchased the game from Passion Fruit initially. The download from their site was terrible, the music was scrambled and their techies did not get back to me when I emailed about how to fix it.

This game doesn't resemble the first. It has a couple of puzzles that were found in the first one, but the graphics are nothing close in quality to the first game. I greatly dislike having to use the button at the bottom of the screen with which to navigate when so many games now let you click on an arrow on the game screen instead.

There is a lot of back and forth, very little storyline, a lot of puzzles and not a lot else.

I'm downloading the demo from BFG in hopes I can hear the music and what dialog there is, but my disappointment at this game after how much I enjoyed the first half (played it a dozen times, bought the book and read that a dozen times) was so immense, it felt like a kick in the gut.

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on May 9, 12 10:46 PM
I like it.

Go to: