Re:Post any Clutter II: He Said, She Said technical issues here only

[Post New]by simplicity19 on May 11, 12 1:37 PM
Thanks Joe it worked. I play so many and such a variety of games, that I usually shut off the help or tutorial.

Beleive it or not I am 65, but an avid game player!

[Post New]by gypsynative on May 11, 12 4:55 PM
on the soccer puzzle I got all the pieces together going up and down but could not get the pieces to move to attach them going across

JoeKazz
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by JoeKazz on May 11, 12 7:46 PM
Hi Gypsynative:

Can you explain that a little more?

Did the pieces move in either direction?

Did/Can you go back to the menu...back in the game and try again?

I believe it's supposed to be Across First...then Up and Down...so it's strange that you could move in that direction?

Any more details would help...but I haven't heard of this problem yet?

Can you also tell me what Options you have turned off (just in case it's something to do with that).

Thanks...Joe

[Post New]by gypsynative on May 12, 12 7:04 AM
I did the whole demo so I can not ge back in, I did not turn any options off as I did not go in there but sense it sounds as I did it backward as I did the up and down before the accross I may have caused the problem. When I buy the game I will start it over and do it the opposit way and see if I can do it that way, and sense I loved the first one i will be buying this one

[Post New]by adelaidedoglet on May 12, 12 2:19 PM
I'm kind of giving up on this game, although I bought it. Just too much of a problem with the mini games. I tried turning on all the options but that does not help. There are no instructions, which is normally fine (I have the difficulty on hardest) but first with the dish matches and now with the pixel swatches, nothing happens with matches, with anything. I'm sure there is a correct way to do it but since it only seems to function clearly in the clutter sequences, I think to save my own sanity will just put this one away and not pursue it further.

JoeKazz
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by JoeKazz on May 12, 12 5:21 PM
Hi adelaidedoglet:

Sorry to hear you're giving up on the game. With the options all on....there should be Pop-Up help with the mini-games (but only for the first time you see it...so maybe that's why you're not seeing anything).

For the Pixel-Match...you only get a coin, every now and then (not for every match). Same is true for the Plates.

The difficulty really only affects the Clutter parts of the game.

Anyway, I appreciate the freedback...and I'll have to re-think the Pop-Up Help at least (I think in the future, I'll add an option to the Menu...to show per puzzle on-demand help...or just add a small question mark...to do that).

Joe

[Post New]by ChiliCheezFries on May 14, 12 7:20 PM
When I start the gave I get a "INPUT SIGNAL OUT OF RANGE" message. The game loads underneath the message box but I can't play with the big box in the way, of course. It's probably the fault of my computer but it doesn't happen with any other games.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 16, 12 2:48 PM
Hi ChiliCheezFries,

I'm sorry to hear you're running into that error. Usually, those errors come from the monitor itself, or from resolution settings. You can try adjusting your resolution to see if that may help. I've put a link to our help article below covering how to do that:

Screen Resolution

If adjusting your resolution isn't helping, please contact our Tech Support team and they'll be happy to assist you.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by eeyore0304 on May 25, 12 6:52 PM
is anyone else having problems with it minimizing on its own? the first couple of times i thought maybe it was me and i was clicking outside the screen. but it was still doing it after i was more careful about where i was clicking. i am running the demo and don't want to purchase the game if this is gonna be an ongoing problem.

Game crash in window shade puzzle when drag rows too high

[Post New]by BethThomlinson on Jun 3, 12 8:23 AM
This crash happens when playing the window shade mii-game where you have to slide the picture segments left and right, then up and down to assemble the picture. When in the second phase of the game, when sliding pieces up and down, if I slide a piece up too far so that it goes above the puzzle area, the game crashes with an access violation error.

This happens on multiple window shade puzzles. It is 100% reproducible on my system. I DLed and installed the game on 5/29/12.

The last time I got the crash, the error message said:
Access violation at 0x00488A90 (tried to read from 0x000005F3). Program terminated.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 3, 12 11:04 AM
Hi Beth,

If you check out the help article here, you'll find some good information about why that type of error message could be coming up and some things you can try to troubleshoot.

But if you try those suggestions and are still having trouble with that mini-game, please get in touch with our Tech Support team and send them the details of your problem. They'll be able to see how the game is working on your computer and give you more specific things to try.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 06/03/2012 at 11:04:26 AM PST

Post any Clutter II: He Said, She Said technical issues here only

[Post New]by JayMath on Jan 16, 13 12:35 PM
The mini game, match the plates at the ends of the rows, is not working properly. I keep getting the message "there are no more matches", when there DEFINATELY are more matches. This has happened numerous times. The last time there were only 3 plates left (all matching of course) and I couldn't finish. What's up?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 16, 13 2:21 PM
Hi JayMath,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with that mini-game! I did some checking here and I didn't find info about that being a specific glitch with the game, so the first thing I'd suggest is uninstalling and reinstalling the game. That will often get this sort of thing straightened out.

If you try that and the mini-game is still not working right, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can take a closer look and see what might be going on. You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by SisterMarjorie on Mar 22, 13 10:51 PM
I'm pretty far along in the game, but all of a sudden the "Hints" button won't work. I have 45 hints accumulated, but I can't access them. I can't find anything in the "Options" . Can anyone help me to get my Hints working again?

Thanks so much!

JoeKazz
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by JoeKazz on Apr 19, 13 10:11 AM
Hi Sister Marjorie:

Some of the levels later in the game don't allow hints (the Hint button will be brownish to illustrate that). For instance, any game that has 4 matches (2 small and 2 large) for instance, doesn't allow the hints.

Hope that helps.

[Post New]by sasko4 on Apr 30, 13 7:22 PM
I have a freeze problem. I'm just working in a puzzle sometimes finding matches, and others searching, and my whole screen locks up. I can't do anything. Ctl/Alt doesn't end program. I have had to turn off my computer to get out. I wasn't skipping any part or even clicking fast. It's happened three times all in different places. Using Windows 7, Dell 4 GB Ram, 64-bit OS. Don't have anything else running in the background usually.? Any ideas?

Sasko4

[Post New]by pussepige on May 6, 14 10:33 AM
I love the slider puzzles and play them a lot but if i reach 99 hints there is a fault: the sound it says is pling and the slides disappear leaving an incomplete puzzle... do i really need to use the hints?

sirk1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by sirk1 on Jun 15, 14 6:43 AM
Hello there,
I have been playing this game for at least a year, maybe more. It's one of my favorites. I was playing it about 2 weeks ago and then last Monday I went to play it again and now I am not able to enter in a Player name on the first screen, so I can't get into the game. It's like it no longer recognizes my keyboard. I press any key and there is no response. I have not changed anything on my pc, nor my keyboard. It's as if it only accepts mouse commands not keyboard commands.
I am running Windows 7 professional.
I have uninstalled and re installed.
Any ideas anyone?

Many thanks
Kaye

JoeKazz
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by JoeKazz on Jun 16, 14 6:47 AM
Hi Sirk1:

I'm not 100% clear on what you're describing. Within the game, there is no requirement to enter a name at all (as far as I know). Is it popping up a dialog box? (if so, what happens when you click on cancel?) (Can you tell me what the dialog box says?)

It should be just showing you the main menu screen...and even without entering a name (within the game) you should be able to click on the Begin Decluttering button.

Please let me know what happens.

Joe

sirk1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by sirk1 on Jun 24, 14 10:26 AM
Hi Joe,
I am on the first screen where it gives the options Help/Player/Begin de-cluttering/exit and options. If I click begin de-cluttering or if I click on the icons in the arch a pop comes up which says Enter Your Name /ok/cancel If I put a name in nothing shows, as in it doesn't recognize I have typed anything the screen is blank. If I click OK to this the error is "Name cannot be empty" . If I click cancel a box displays which says " Click to create new player and the options Delete/OK and Cancel are there. If I click to create a new player I am thrown back to the original Enter your Name box.
If I click Delete nothing happens it says on the same screen (presumably because I have not entered in a name) and if I click Cancel I am back at the original screen which has the Help/Player/Begin de-cluttering/exit and options showing.

Kind regards
Sirk1

Go to: