KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

Re:Reviews for Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on May 10, 12 7:06 AM
Like some, I was disappointed it wasn't a FROG game (my favorite). Finding shadow outlined objects-not so much. I do wish devs would incorporate using a variety of FROGS, HOS, etc. in a game. That way no one would be disappointed and if there is a particular type you don't like, at least it wouldn't be in every scene.

On with the review. I am not crazy about how hard it is to find the morphing objects. No clues of any kind. I'm not sure if clicking all over the location would help either. Very disappointing.

Having a magnifying icon that only discloses useless pieces of information is frustrating, especially when you have to go back later on to see if you need to use an item somewhere. I keep clicking on it thinking I missed something.

The map is better than no map. It at least tells you where you are and if you hover the cursor over the lighted squares, it tells you the name of the location. I'm not sure what the "areas of interest" are unless it is an HOG scene. It also shows areas where the objectives need to be solved. I wished it also showed the areas where items collected can be used (not the actual item needed just an indication that something is needed). Maybe that would be TMI for a lot of players but for this oldster who suffers from CRS and plays a game over several days, it would really help. Keeping notes nearby doesn't help as they tend to get lost-just as a lot items in my house do. I swear there are magical creatures that love to move things around (or swipe them) when I'm not around.

On the whole I am satisfied with the game and have purchased it. I admit I am spoiled by having an SG in a game to help solve some of the puzzles or at least nudge me in the right direction. I hate having to use ALT TAB to back out of a game to get to the WT, scroll down to find the help and then return to the game. It sort of breaks the mood and takes me back into reality, if that makes any sense.

Enjoy the game fishies and have a great day!

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on May 10, 12 7:49 AM

Edited on 05/10/2012 at 11:17:58 AM PST

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on May 10, 12 7:57 AM

Edited on 05/10/2012 at 11:18:14 AM PST

mystine
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by mystine on May 10, 12 8:05 AM
This will be short as I dont want to repeat what has already been said in excellent reviews. Blue Tea is also my favorite dev...I loved Enlightenus...anyone heard if a E3 is coming out? Anyway Blue Teas offering of Fabled Legends is high quality, beautifully done and has served to shake us up a bit from what we are used to with them. I also noticed the interactive items in the HOS that were'nt usable at the time. Was this just to add something to the play? I agree with the fishie that said its probably there for a future return to the scene. If thats the case I think they could have kept them non interactive til needed, but thats no big deal really. One thing I love about Blue Tea is that they actually listen to the gamers and are willing to make changes if needed. They have had dev in these forums answering questions, and one admitted they sometimes don't make themselves known..and just get feedback. Those of you who played the original Elightenus will remember you had to place items in the scene rather than take out...a big issue was when you went back to the scene again to play...and you visited each about 4 times....everything you placed before was gone...Blue Tea got a lot of feedback and in E2 it was fixed. Im sure an issues with this lovely offering will be no different.

hd2222
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by hd2222 on May 10, 12 8:51 AM
Thoroughly agree with the review by cherbtoo. To me, Blue Tea games are synonymous wirh exquisite FROG's - one of the few developers of this genre. ALMOST purchased without playing the demo, and thankful I decided to stop teasing myself and take just a tiny peek at their newest offering. Alas and alack, 'tis another hum drum Hidden Object game I shall cast aside, sit back with a nice hot cup of (Blue) tea, and eagerly await their return to beautifully illustrated FROG scenes on which (to me) their reputation was established. To those of you who purchase this game, DO enjoy a new standard of excellence for Blue Tea Games.

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on May 10, 12 9:00 AM

Edited on 05/10/2012 at 11:23:20 AM PST

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on May 10, 12 9:26 AM

Edited on 05/10/2012 at 11:23:45 AM PST

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on May 10, 12 10:09 AM

Edited on 05/10/2012 at 11:24:03 AM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 10, 12 11:09 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to swim by and remind everyone that the reviews thread here is for reviews of the game only. You can find more information about this on the post here.

If you have any comments about Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition, they can be posted in the thread here:

Comments for Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition

I'll be going back through this thread and removing any posts that are not reviews for the game. If you have any questions, please message myself or another Moderator and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

bfgSeine

pilimai729
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by pilimai729 on May 10, 12 11:17 AM
I don't know if this belongs in comments or eviews, but here goes. Like most of us on bfg, we become partial to some developers, and usually always enjoy their games. I like frogs, also, but don't mind a little twists in the HOS. What does annoy me, however are little tricks to make the game seem longer. I think that sitting in an HO scene fruitlessly trying to find where to put the object on your cursor is one of those little tricks. However I do think this might be a good game, based on what I've played so far, that is barring it going the route of the last few CE''s, such as having missing. and/or disappearing inventory items. Because of that issue alone, I will reserve judgement until more fishies have played the game.

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on May 10, 12 11:20 AM
I really enjoyed the game. Since there seems to be some dissention among the fishies, perhaps Blue Tea Games could incorporate FROGS and HOGS, definately keep those morphing objects and continue with their very different and fun minigames. I personally wouldn't mind seeing some Achievements...

Happy gaming to all

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on May 10, 12 12:28 PM
Graphics are stunning! But all those rats! NO THANK YOU!

Calais30
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by Calais30 on May 10, 12 1:01 PM
This will be short. I just wanted to point out that the reason I loved this game so much was that it demonstrated the beauty and richness of a Blue Tea game but with HOG scenes instead of FROG scenes. As I began to go through the game, I didn't know whether I was going to purchase it because I knew Blue Tea was synonymous with FROG scenes. Once I realized it was HOG, it was a definite buy for me.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on May 10, 12 1:21 PM
I enjoyed the game and it was different and new. Puzzles made you think more and the hog's were clear and also made you think about what you had to combine to make a new object. Music was new and always enjoyed the Pied Piper but not the rats so much. I did have to use the map and it was a big help to me and also the guide and hints. Think it would be to my advantage to get the CE or I might get real lost. Great Game..Give it 4 our of 5 stars

Kilan8
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Kilan8 on May 10, 12 2:38 PM
What a fun game. The rats didn't bother me. After all it is a Pied Piper story. Great graphics, plenty to do and look for. I thoroughly enjoyed this game. Look forward to the next one.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 10, 12 4:46 PM
Nice game. Very nice game play, nice voice overs and graphics. The setting seems very familiar, but I can't remember which game I played that had the same set up (just a little change in the buildings and lighting). I'm sure it was the same dev.

I do wish devs would pay attention to what choices they give you. When I select "system cursor," I expect the system cursor, not a smaller version of the one they put in the game. Those things are distracting to me for some reason.

Only real complaint I have is the HOGs. There are numerous items that you pick up, but don't get used for anything in the HOG or game. You waste time looking for what it goes to or needs to be added to. Didn't care for that at all.

Game says there are morphing objects, but I only found one and the SG doesn't list them (at least I didn't see where they were on the pages and they were not listed in the SG instructions).

Otherwise, it seems like a long game. Very much a straight HOG. I did like the game and will purchase, but not today. Will put this one in the puddle and see what else comes down the waterfall.

Thanks for the reviews.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on May 10, 12 5:05 PM
I love Blue Tea Games and this one has many elements which I really enjoy. The puzzles are great. The graphics are wonderful as well. But, why would you put rats into the equation. Just disgusting! I am not certain if I will purchase or not. Vermin have no appeal to me and they are just disgusting to look at while you are playing the game. I grew up on a farm and remember seeing dead rats and it is not a pleasant sight. Please, can we get some games without all the dilapidated buildings, vermin, insane asylums, etc. How about some light hearted fairies or fairy tales? Geesh!

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on May 10, 12 5:32 PM
Well, this might be a buy for me with a pcc or a gcc, if I have nothing else to use them on. But I'm not really all that into it. I found it really frustrating in the hog scenes to pick something up and then spend forever trying to find where to use it....when it turned out you didn't use it at all. What's with that? The graphics were nice, but that's not enough to get me to buy a game, and the rats where a bit much. I wonder why they didn't mention the morphing objects in the intro. I also didn't see anything in the guide about them. I just happenend to click on one by accident. Usually your cursor turns to a hand when you go over a morphing object in most games.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 10, 12 9:10 PM
I actually thought the extra objects that you could pick up during the hos was an interesting twist. A bit of a challenge at times to find the right object to use. To me it makes it more fun.

eta: As for the vermin...it is the theme of this particular story, lol

Edited on 05/10/2012 at 9:12:01 PM PST

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on May 11, 12 12:05 AM
Posting this here since I understand that bigfish shares only the reviews and not the comments threads with the devs (is that correct?)

It's a beautiful game and I'm dying to buy it but unfortunately the dev has tied my hands so I can't purchase until it's an SE. They locked the bonus content until after you finish the bonus game. Ummm once I pay for the game it's mine and I should be able to access everything I paid for. I'm not going to pay double for a game when I won't even be able to use the wallpapers and things until I finish. (And not even finish just the main game but finish the BONUS game as well... hey that's a BONUS shouldn't be required! ) That means that I will probably never see them so... sorry devs. No sale.

For those that don't care about the extras and just want to pay double to access it a month early it's well worth the money... the graphics are nice and the game play interesting. I would have purchased if not for the fact I don't feel like paying extra for virtually nothing. (I guess the devs have enough sales they don't care about my measly extra $6.99 LOL but I bet others feel the same even if they don't say so.)

Go to: