angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Comments for Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 10, 12 5:07 AM
Valdy wrote:
And I didn't want to reply in the "Reviews" thread, but it really irks me that the town of Hameln has an "i" in it. I mean, WHY? Why add an "i" to the town's name? I don't call Chicago "Chicaigo" just because I might be able to pronounce it better with an "i" in it (which I don't - just an example). LOL

It's enough already that the great river "Donau" is called "Danube", and the great city Köln is called "Cologne", so there also has to be an "i" added to "Hameln"? Why? To make it user-friendly ?

Quote from the Hameln website: "As well as the German name "Hameln" the town is also known as "Hamelin" and "Hamlin" to the English speaking world".

Hamelin is simply the English version of a German name, as is Danube and Cologne.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on May 10, 12 5:16 AM
LOL come on all of you that are commenting on spelling of city and country names. These games are created all over the world and we are lucky that the developers try to please all of us. I don't remember the name of the game but was expected to find a "clew" in one of the HOS. I finally had to use a hint to find out it was a ball of yarn. Not sure which country this word comes from but I felt like an idiot since vocabulary has always been one of my prides. Down two pegs!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 10, 12 5:18 AM
The Macabre Mysteries game by Blue Tea is a FROG game too Sunshine, in case you have not played that one yet.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on May 10, 12 5:24 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:The Macabre Mysteries game by Blue Tea is a FROG game too Sunshine, in case you have not played that one yet.

Thanks shadow! I will go and check it out.

[Post New]by sal10579 on May 10, 12 5:54 AM
[
Valdy wrote:
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Off topic: I got a coupon today, buying the CE and had only one SE purchased (3 punches for this CE + 1 punch for a regular game).

Do you know about this deal? Go to your account and see...
You are lucky! I had 2 SE and today CE, but still 5 punches.

And I went to my account but didn't see anything unusual there. LOL But maybe I will once I buy this game?

Hi everyone, don't know if this helps but there was a deal on at the weekend, an extra punch for each game but they weren't awarded at the time. They were to be awarded during this week sometime

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on May 10, 12 6:09 AM
Loved this game! Played for about 4 hours ( with a lot of hints) and am up to the bonus game, which I will probably play tomorrow.
Oh the joys of being retired and able to please myself as to how I spend my time!

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on May 10, 12 6:12 AM
Well done game...a bit of a walk-a-thon...but very nice none the less.

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on May 10, 12 6:21 AM
Personally, I'm disappointed. With patience I saved 2 credits to be able to buy a CE once in a while and when I saw 'Blue Tea Games' I hit the 'buy' button without hesitating because I loved their earlier games so well. But...

...this CE is not much different from any other good CE. Good graphics, nice music, enjoyable minigames but no Fragments to search for, no beautiful objects to be collected and not a very interesting story, cause the spooky part of the game (highlight to read) is revealed much too soon in the game, after which it becomes a common treasure-thief story with a Johnny Depp lookalike as the Viceroy (end of spoiler).

Sorry I bought this CE. Sorry I didn't wait for the other one coming out this week.

Edited on 05/10/2012 at 7:18:24 AM PST

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on May 10, 12 6:30 AM
A Blue Tea game without FROGS? Say it isn't so. Those games are unique in a world of HOGS and I love them for it. I'll try this, but from reviews and comments it sounds like they're joining the pack instead of keeping what makes me look foward to their games. Insofar as Hamelin is concerned, the game is written in English using a longstanding English-language name for the town and the legend. Obviously if it were written in German, Hameln would be the correct form to use and Hamelin would stand out like a sore thumb.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 10, 12 6:38 AM
Hey, Dobbie and Valdy - here, I wasn't dreaming...

"You earned your free game on May 10, 2012!
Fill your next punch card now for more FREE games!"

May be I "puffed", and the system got scared...

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on May 10, 12 7:03 AM
I played the demo and I'm not very happy with all these stupid hogs. Why can't you BFpeople find a great adventure game without hos? We as gamers with brains that I know I'd like to expand with different games other than these same old games.Just because the devs know they will sell this type of game doesn't mean that's all we want. Match 3s are fun and building games are fun BUT why not throw in an ADVENTURE game without hos for a change. I feel like I don't even have to think to play these hogs all the time. They are so much the same I could play them with my eyes closed, ha ha.This is a no buy and a no waste my hard earned money game for me.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 10, 12 7:09 AM
Hello Hannah. There are game sites out there that cater strictly (or nearly strictly) to adventure game players and those games rarely make it here to the BF site. Have you checked out any of those game sites? You can use more than one gaming portal/site to suit your needs if one site isn't making you happy. You should contact one of the people who do those group plays of Adventure games (like Popla) and see if she can recommend some other sites to you. I hope you have good luck finding some adventure games that you like.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 10, 12 7:41 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Hey, Dobbie and Valdy - here, I wasn't dreaming...

"You earned your free game on May 10, 2012!
Fill your next punch card now for more FREE games!"

May be I "puffed", and the system got scared...

Oh, I am sure you weren't dreaming, Rebeca_Lily. LOL But it seems that you are the lucky one who were chosen to get... ummm... what was that actually you got? An extra punch? Sorry... LOL

ETA: Hold on... did you buy games on the weekend, and only received your extra punches today, perhaps? I received mine on Monday.

Edited on 05/10/2012 at 7:45:30 AM PST

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 10, 12 7:56 AM
Oooops, Valdy, this is the first coupon I get this month... - you are right!!!

Hehe, silly Lily...

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 10, 12 8:00 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Oooops, Valdy, this is the first coupon I get this month... - you are right!!!

Hehe, silly Lily...

LOL Never mind. (((huggles)))

vadasgirl5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,006 Posts

[Post New]by vadasgirl5 on May 10, 12 8:08 AM
We have to at least try this game to save Europe from destruction!

down loading now!

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by LostForever on May 10, 12 8:20 AM
This is a great game from Blue Tea. the only reason that almost kept me from buying the game was the morphs, the last MCF really burnt me out on those silly morps, almost like spot the difference does, but hopfully maybe they can be ignored in this game. Otherwise, I like the game and its a buy for me

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on May 10, 12 8:21 AM
hannah57 wrote:I played the demo and I'm not very happy with all these stupid hogs. Why can't you BFpeople find a great adventure game without hos? We as gamers with brains that I know I'd like to expand with different games other than these same old games.Just because the devs know they will sell this type of game doesn't mean that's all we want. Match 3s are fun and building games are fun BUT why not throw in an ADVENTURE game without hos for a change. I feel like I don't even have to think to play these hogs all the time. They are so much the same I could play them with my eyes closed, ha ha.This is a no buy and a no waste my hard earned money game for me.

I second the motion on Adventure games, love them, love them, love them. Wonder if there are any adventure games left or are they all being turned into Hos. sigh.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on May 10, 12 9:18 AM
I am so, so disappointed that this game isn't a FROG. They are my favorite, a sure buy for me. We get so few of them, and I was really anticipating this game, and now I don't even want to buy it.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 10, 12 9:46 AM
Sorry, Valdy. I hadn't seen that you'd had the discussion about the spelling already. I've removed my post.

Go to: