nikma
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

Re:Reviews for Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman

[Post New]by nikma on Jul 22, 12 1:46 AM
bel gioco,all'inizio mi sembrava noioso,poi andando avanti ,mi sono appassionata e ho giocato con molto divertimento....consiglio l'acquisto....è tutto positivo...

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on May 20, 13 10:40 PM
WHAT FOLLOWS IS MY REVIEW OF PLAYING ON THE MIDDLE LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY:

I originally played a part of the demo of this game on "casual" and found it too easy. I decided at that time not to buy it, but when it was offered as a DOD, I changed player and played on the middle setting. Wow, what a difference. Not even the HOGs were highlighted in any way, and that is one thing I think is wrong with this game.

With the middle setting, you get faster hint and skip recharge in HOGs and puzzles, and you do get a weak hint outside of the HOGs, but no sparkles or glints. Since you get things you need as a last object in the HOGs, it is vital to your ability to continue the game not to miss one.

The second thing I hated was that the hints outside of the HOGs only tell you, "There's nothing to pillage here." But there may be a HOG hiding somewhere in that same scene. So you learn you'd better run your cursor all over the entire screen to ensure there's no HOG, and you have to do it every time, because the next time you visit that scene, you may find one.

Playing on the middle level I had to use the walkthrough several times, which is annoying when you have to get completely out of the game each time. I really wish the devs would have included a sparkle for the HOGs in this level, but otherwise the game is fun to play and quite long.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 7, 13 7:19 AM
Adventure Ahoy

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

I enjoy this game every time I play it. At first it seems pretty simple. Your friend has lost a bet with an evil PIRATE CAPTAIN, and is forced to join the crew of the FLYING DUTCHMAN, a legendary ghost ship that can never make port, doomed to sail the oceans forever. However, throwing your lot in with him in the hopes of rescuing him, you find yourself HELPING the CAPTAIN, AGAINST HIS WILL, to UNDO the curse. Plenty of land-based action as well as on the ‘briny waters’

I like the GRAPHICS on this one. They’re not the best you’ve ever seen, but they are BRIGHT, COLOURFUL & RICHLY TEXTURED. MUSIC was TYPICAL swashbuckling stuff, but I really liked the AMBIENT sound in much of the game. VOICEOVER was limited to the opening.

The GAMEPLAY was a good mix of 2 parts ADVENTURE, 2 parts (INTERACTIVE LIST) HO SCENES – visited twice, 1 part PUZZLES. None of it was hard. But...
HINT outside HOS was useless, and there was NO MAP. There was a JOURNAL, with essential details.

You have COLLECTIBLES in the form of PEARLS, which offer backstory, and are a NECESSARY part of the game.

A surprising amount of story was included in this game, making far more interesting than a standard pirate game. No underwater locations, however, to my sorrow. Still, solid entertainment.

I recommend this game!

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jun 26, 13 2:13 PM
Just finished and really enjoyed it. Wore out a couple of pairs of sneakers and had to refer to walkthrough a few times but did not mind it.

The only mini game I gave up on was the spider web on the was to the dungeon :/ (I don't like to skip:/)

The graphics were clear, music ok and ambient sounds mostly good.

Experienced no known glitches

All and all I give it a out of 5.

Jerry99
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

Game Forum Hot LInk Missing

[Post New]by Jerry99 on Jul 27, 13 8:51 PM
I needed to use a walkthrough for Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman and exited the game and got a screen. It has a Play Again link, Gift This Game link, and Tell a Friend link, but NO GO TO FORUM LINK.
We all know about Big Fish, and it is getting less user friendly by the week. Put the damn hot link to the game forum back in the Recent Activity screen. Also go back to the old Game Manger that was more user friendly. When I buy a game now BF puts in another game to buy and it is caught by my popup blocker and it won't download the game. I have to go to My Games I purchased, find the new game and download it from there. Stop screwing with the Game Manger or you will lose customers. Stop making it more and more of a sales pitch with every screen.
Crazy.

Go to: