Re:Post any Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by dreaming_gold on May 13, 12 1:32 PM
I had the same problem with the matches. If you open the door that the matches are supposed to be sitting on before you get the matches, you won't be able to get the matches at all.
I just started over with a new problem and made sure to grab them before opening the door. Worked just fine.

fraziely
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by fraziely on May 13, 12 1:42 PM
Game will not activate-When I click on the game icon it say's "Thank You For Playing...." I guess I won't be playin/buying this one-lol

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on May 13, 12 2:01 PM
nyc240 and fraziely - if your game is crashing mid-play or simply not opening, then I would try running the game as administrator. Sometimes giving it this extra privilege can help get it working:

How to Run Game as Administrator (if you click the blue text it will take you to more information on how to do this).

For those running into an issue with the matches, We’re definitely sorry for any inconvenience. This is an issue we are currently looking into. In this case, the best thing to do is to get in contact with Customer Support and a rep will be happy to help you with your purchase.

If you're able to, one thing that will help will be to send in a Dr. Felix with your email. The reason why this is helpful is because it gives our team a better idea what types of computers are being affected with these issues to help them better find the problem and resolve the issue

If you're running into another progression block apart from the matches, then I would try uninstalling and reinstalling your game. This won't lose your spot in the game, but can help make sure everything is running in top shape. However, if you try this and the game is still giving you trouble then I would definitely get in contact with Customer Support as well.

bfgCimarron

CCV71
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by CCV71 on May 13, 12 3:11 PM
I also made it to the pipes puzzle in the mansion bathroom. I finished and nothing happened. I checked the SG and made sure everything was exactly like it had it, but I can't proceed. I hate skipping puzzles, but I might have to on this one. Anyone get beyond this without skipping?

sassy44
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by sassy44 on May 13, 12 6:22 PM
There is NO NUT for me to get out of the binoculars - I solved the puzzle correctly but there is no nut - no cannot move forward in the game. This is the second CE I have purchased back to back that was such errors in it where you cannot even enjoy the game - so disappointed Hopefully they will fix all of the errors soon then maybe I will come back and reinstall. Very Sad!!!!

bfgfan25
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by bfgfan25 on May 13, 12 7:04 PM
dreaming_gold wrote:I had the same problem with the matches. If you open the door that the matches are supposed to be sitting on before you get the matches, you won't be able to get the matches at all.
I just started over with a new problem and made sure to grab them before opening the door. Worked just fine.

Thank you for pointing this out! I did just that and was finally able to get the matches!

spiritc
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by spiritc on May 13, 12 7:26 PM
Bonus game does not respond to any action. Have arrow but cannot move in direction. Cannot access areas with sparkles either.

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on May 14, 12 9:31 AM
I have the same problem with the pipes in the bathroom. I have them all arranged exactly like the guide shows, but it won't let me empty the bath water.

tewal
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

matches missing

[Post New]by tewal on May 14, 12 12:28 PM
I to have had to re install also due to the missing matches, not very pleased about it either!!

danilon
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by danilon on May 14, 12 1:33 PM
zcan't get the fifth film reel opened cupboard in the motel (up in the attic) with the correct code but the fifth film reel nowhere to be had where the heck is it I can't continue playing without it this game cost me to game credits please inform

[Post New]by scarygame_lvr on May 14, 12 1:51 PM
please read "doomed with the hotpan" in the forum topics. it seems like a very huge glitch and lots of people are having the same problem. there is no possible way to move forward from this part in the game. ...making the game incomplete for people who paid for it. thank you

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

Surprise...not being able to find the matches is a glitch

[Post New]by bluesinew on May 14, 12 3:36 PM
What started out to be a great game has ended for me with this match debacle. This is the 3rd CE I have purchased with a glitch. I am not sure if I will even bother starting over. If the glitch is fixed I will probably have to reinstall and start over anyway, so it may be worth a try. This is what happens with a rush to get these games out with the proper quality control.

puzzle_player
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by puzzle_player on May 14, 12 6:49 PM
I got the matches just fine. My problem is when I got to the basement and put the rope on the door, it wouldn't let me put it over the pipe. I'm able to do anything else but open that door.

Kas1105
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Kas1105 on May 14, 12 8:51 PM
I am having a similar problem but mine is with the coin that was to be on the window sill. The window you had to remove the frame and than the glass with the plunger. Won't let me go back to it and I'm stuck not being able to play juke box to continue game. This happens too frequently lately what's going on?

cucumber89
Salmon
Salmon
2,807 Posts

[Post New]by cucumber89 on May 14, 12 10:30 PM
Also having the issue with the matches. I am uninstalling and reinstalling now to see if that helps. If not, I am not too keen on starting over...

ETA- For a CE, there sure do seem to be a lot of glitches. For the record, uninstalling and reinstalling does not help with the matches issue. I will be contacting customer support about this issue tomorrow, I am not pleased. It's clearly not my PC either, as shown by the various people here having the same issue.

Edited on 05/14/2012 at 10:39:39 PM PST

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 15, 12 7:39 AM
Hi everyone,

It does sound like some of you Fishies is seeing some odd glitches with missing items. If uninstalling and reinstalling the game didn't help, you could try starting with a different profile.

spiritc, if the cursor is not working for you, try to disable the custom cursor and see if that helps.

I can also recommend to get in touch with Tech Support, so we can start tracking all of these issues with more information from you.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

[Post New]by rrm145 on May 15, 12 8:02 AM
I really can't believe what's going on here. Hey BigFish, I payed for one of the products you are selling. After playing this game for quite a while I found a problem with the "hot pan". I posted that problem in the forum and there are more people who ran in the same problem. The only reaction of your side is to lock the post and give advise to uninstall and reinstall the game. Hey, there is a problem in the game-story, something happens (collapsing house) which should not before another situation is cleared (cooling the pan). Uninstalling will not change the story and the advice to start from scratch with a different profile is just intolerable. You sold me (and a lot other people) a product which doesn't work correctly. You have to fix the problem or send me (and a lot other people) money back. Until now I was always quite happy with the games from BFG, but this case is absolutely intolerable.

[Post New]by Spirit_of_Auron on May 15, 12 10:43 AM
Got hit with the matches glitch too, though I haven't gotten much further then those doors either way as I was looking through the guide for a couple things I'd missed and realized too late that i'd missed the matches. Not too keen on restarting the profile, but if that's the only option right now I may do so a little later on if a fix isn't issued first.

jazzl2010
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by jazzl2010 on May 15, 12 11:54 AM
Having trouble with the tank...it shoots the bullet..it hits the wall but as soon as you zoom into the wall it won't react..it drops back to the center of the room and you can't get any action between the tank or the wall so your not able to see the code..or go back to the safe to enter the one in the strategy guide...because there is NO interaction...

[Post New]by Anticat on May 15, 12 1:01 PM
balddy wrote:can't find matches in storage room.

Sorry - I hit the exclamation point to say me too - turned out to mark the item "offensive." The post is not offensive. The glitch is offensive. I don't want to start over for some stupid glitch - why pay for the game if it is glitchy.

Go to: