Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

Re:Reviews for Marie Antoinette and the Disciples of Loki

[Post New]by Poof11 on May 16, 12 2:38 PM
Wow, when I play a hidden object game, I expect to hunt but I do not expect the objects to be invisible! This game quickly became very annoying due to the extremely small custom cursor, the forever hunting to find where the exit screen is (moving feet), some of the objectives are marked while other are not which led to frequent clicking around the scene. I have seen better hidden object scenes in Highlights magazine. This was REALLY BAD!

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on May 18, 12 4:34 AM
This game has received a lot of criticism I do not think it altogether deserves, so I am going to give it the credit it does deserve.

The graphics have class, elegance and style. The story is very interesting and well told and I met fascinating historical characters along the way. There are all sorts of things to do, find and make, and there are numerous exquisite locations to visit. It has 12 chapters. The navigation is perfect and there are no technical glitches at all. The hint button is extremely informative and fills quickly.

The very best thing about it is the music. Oh, my word, the music is wonderful! I listened to soaring symphonies and classical piano all through it and it was beautiful. Such a delight. The most fantastic soundtrack I have ever encountered in a game.

The one thing I would say to the devs is, please, next time, make the hidden objects easier to see. When I am wearing my glasses my vision is perfect, but if it had not been for the fast hint button, I would have become frustrated and probably have had to give up. They are just too small for the human eye. We know that they have to be hidden, but they cannot be invisible. Not all were, granted, but a lot of them.

Otherwise I think it a charming game that showed creativity and imagination.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on May 19, 12 7:28 AM
this game is a NO buy for me. how do you expect a child to play this game??----------------doug

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Mar 16, 14 2:34 PM
I couldn't agree more that the graphics were amateurish, the hidden objects nearly impossible to find, the next step seldom obvious - and I love classical music, but exactly for that reason always play with the game music off because I have the classical radio station on. So I should have hated this - and yet I quite enjoyed it. I think you have to give the developers points for their choice of protagonist - Josepha Duschek - a historical person. At the time the events had to take place (Mozart was writing Don Giovanni) she was only 33, but of course 33 was "older" then than it was now - it was nice to play as a very sharp cookie of a certain age. And (spoiler)
when Benjamin Franklin says "I'm too intelligent to die" and she comes back with "I'm too sexy to die,"
I nearly laughed my head off.
I got through without a walkthrough by using the hint button. I panicked at one point when I thought I needed to click on musical notes to get into a chest and I hadn't written them down and couldn't get them back or remember them, but it turned out I only had to turn some knobs to change the arrangement, and I could remember them well enough for that.

Go to: