bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Post any Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 17, 12 3:57 AM
purple7120, if you do not use AVG as your antivirus, just uninstalling and reinstalling the game should do the trick, as it sounds like your download could have expired.

bfgRhone

Re:Post any Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart technical issues here only

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 17, 12 4:20 AM
Are they still sleeping?

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on May 17, 12 4:33 AM
AAARGH!!! I think I may have run into an actual glitch. Of course, this is after 4 hours and 10 minutes of gameplay, nearing the end of the regular part of the game.

If you haven't gotten this far (urn puzzle) please know that this is a spoiler. Highlight to read it if you are this far and experience problems:
When I get to the urn puzzle, as I arrange the urns and have them almost arranged, they start DISAPPEARING as I place one over another to swap them. The more I tried to "fix" the arrangement, the more urns disappeared. I finally gave up and hit the "skip" button, and it rearranged the remaining urns but did NOT give me the final dabloon. I tried shutting down and restarting, but it still has missing urns when I reopen the puzzle, and then the skip button doesn't work at all.
I will send a Dr. Felix to Customer Support as soon as I post this.

ps. I would like a fix, not game credits. I love this game and can't wait to finish!

VickyWY
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by VickyWY on May 17, 12 5:12 AM
I got the trojan virus notification from AVG too. Also, got the "trial expired" notice. I'm uninstalling.

Annie1115
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Annie1115 on May 17, 12 5:20 AM
Reassuring to know, it's not just me. AVG's pop up is very disconcerting on only one cup of coffee! Trojan Horse DETECTED!! ...There goes my Thursday morning. I'll shoot a note to Dr. Felix and check back later.

[Post New]by emmanem2 on May 17, 12 5:28 AM
Have also got AVG, but I didn`t get any warnings, however I have got the Trial Expired notice as soon as the game trial installed, and have tried it twice but still the same.
Shame - as I would have liked to have tried the game as it got some good reviews.
Come on BFG or AVG sort this out please

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 17, 12 5:41 AM
Hi Fishies,

We are still waiting for an update from the Seattle front, thank you for bearing with us. As soon as we hear more, we'll be sure to let you know here on the Forums.

sinshack, I'm sorry to hear about that possible glitch. Customer Support should be able to help you further. I can imagine you don't feel like starting over, you could still try uninstalling and reinstalling the game just to see if that does anything for you.

Thank you all for your patience!

bfgRhone

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 17, 12 5:45 AM
I bought the game and if I want to play I disable AVG and close internet. After playing enable AVG.

[Post New]by emmanem2 on May 17, 12 5:56 AM
Without me doing anything the Trial Expired notice has gone from my game manager, and the regular Play Now / Buy Now buttons have appeared , however if I click on Play Now nothing happens.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 17, 12 6:00 AM
got the same virus message from zone alarm... canceled the install and will send a dr felix report ASAP...

tquinlivan
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by tquinlivan on May 17, 12 6:21 AM
@sinshack

I have run into the same problem with the urns. I have also run a Dr. Felix and submitted.

[Post New]by suzypen on May 17, 12 6:21 AM
I too have a Theat detected..Trojan.

nouba
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by nouba on May 17, 12 6:22 AM
Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I'm also with AVG and after cleaning the Trojan horse, it tells me my trial is over...
Thank you for your help.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on May 17, 12 6:24 AM
Same here, running AVG and got the Trojan virus notice. Have already contacted CS with Dr. Felix attached. I know you're working on it, but must say it's very disconcerting to walk back into the room and see THAT on my screen! First time ever from BFG!
Abs

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on May 17, 12 6:28 AM
bfgRhone wrote:Hi Fishies,

We are still waiting for an update from the Seattle front, thank you for bearing with us. As soon as we hear more, we'll be sure to let you know here on the Forums.

sinshack, I'm sorry to hear about that possible glitch. Customer Support should be able to help you further. I can imagine you don't feel like starting over, you could still try <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">uninstalling and reinstalling</a> the game just to see if that does anything for you.

Thank you all for your patience!

bfgRhone

It's been so long since I had a game not work for me, I had forgotten about uninstalling and reinstalling. I just tried it, though, and no dice. Still have missing urns.

I'll be patient - this game is so worth the wait! Thanks for trying, though, bfgRhone. I guess I'd better go to bed after all - it's 9:25 am here, and somebody stayed up all night playing some silly game....

antiquer
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,386 Posts

[Post New]by antiquer on May 17, 12 6:37 AM
Just wanted to pop in and say I am using AVG and got the TROJANHORSE GENERIC28.PZJ also.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 17, 12 7:06 AM
I turned off the anti-virus component on AVG (overview, select anti-virus and uncheck 'enable resident shield'). This stopped AVG from showing the trojan warning (which I have been assured by CS is false), got the 60 minute trial and now downloading the full game.

All I have to do now is remember to turn the anti-virus component back on again after closing the game...time for a 'sticky note' reminder methinks

Soobiedoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Soobiedoo on May 17, 12 7:11 AM
I use Norton 360. I have never had any problems downloading any of the BFG games, but this one just fizzles. Nada. Nothing. Zip. The clear-of-threat box pops up, but the Game Manager won't open to accept the download. Did you guys lock it up until the Trojan alerts are cleared, or do we have another potential problem going on here?

[Post New]by Ceekah on May 17, 12 7:40 AM
I'm not having any issues with my AVG but I have uninstalled and reinstalled three times and still have the "Trial Expired" notice. Really wanted to try this game.

[Post New]by 22mbe09 on May 17, 12 7:51 AM
i have the same problem using avg then getting trojan warning have sent tech report,

Go to: