Aquatic
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

Re:AGON - The London Scene group play, starting 19th May, all welcome to join!

[Post New]by Aquatic on May 20, 12 2:33 AM
Well, I'm finished.
A lot of traipsing up and down stairs, and only 2 puzzles.
Took under 2 hours.
I got a laugh out of Samuel's stealthy approach to the night watchman follow by a clumsy trip.
I think the subsequent chapters are probably good.
Congrats to those of you who got all of them on on one disk at a bargain price.

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on May 20, 12 4:36 AM
CONGRATULATIONS AQUATIQUE !!!

I knew it was supposed to be short, but that's very short. Mind you based on past history it will still probably take me over 12 hours!

No JB I didn't get any subtitles - I adjusted the music, effects and voice, but didn't notice one for subtitles. When I get the chance to back I will do that straightaway. Thanks for that, I did think it strange that there weren't any.

GMum xxx

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on May 20, 12 5:25 AM
Finished.....wasn't expecting the ending. I, too, liked the reflections and really laughed at Sam sneaking past Swanson and tripping...funny...

I used to grow my own tomatoes and as JB says, fresh grown tomatoes slathered with mayo.....Ohhhh yummy.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on May 20, 12 5:35 AM
Congrats Aquatic and mariannequilts for completing the game!

From what I understand with this game, the other episodes are longer, though having not played them I can't be sure! I still haven't started this game just yet but I will be soon I hope. I'm guessing this is an easier and shorter game than the others we have played with the low activity here!

Granny_Fish - Glad Fraps is working well for you and is helpful too.

Players list is now updated too.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on May 20, 12 6:36 AM
Congratulations to Aquatic & marianne on finishing the game

I only got as far as giving the night guard a ** bottle **. Slow going in this game, because Top Secret Finders came out yesterday and I've playing that game too. Been waiting for it since last November when I did the beta on it.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 20, 12 9:45 AM
Finished!!!
This was indeed one short game
Of course I knew this would be short, that was one of the reasons we picked this one for an in between game, but this was ridiculous.
I think BF should have released chapters 1-3 into one game, as it was original
Uhhmm, it wasn't bad and I am actully looking forward to From Lapland to Madagascar, as I know this one should be (way) longer; but mennnnn, was this one short!
Glad most of us picked it up in the BOGO sale, cause it isn't worth a full credit if you ask me.

Well, at least I have some spare time at hand now before we start Rhiannon. Maybe I start Gray Matter when it arrives this week. Or........, I could someone blindfold me and I pick a game random out of my HUGE game pile.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 20, 12 9:48 AM
Congrats to Aquatic & marianne!

@sunshinej Ooooh, I've downloaded the demo for Top Secret Finders, as I was intrigued by it. How is it? Maybe I have time to demo it tonight.

Granny_Fish
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Granny_Fish on May 20, 12 1:35 PM
@!*%$ Doors! I've had to draw maps for many adventure games, but this one is particularly difficult with the doors looking alike and all the turns needed. I did manage to find the stairs, go down and come up again.

Big discovery, When I can hear something my ears hear faster than my eyes can read, Those subtitles are way too fast. If I didn't have Fraps I would be totally lost and have to quit. Having to take and view screenshots is gonna slow me down, so I won't finish in two hours!

Congrats to those who have finished. Gotta keep ya busy, How about a free game? Jane Jensen was the designer for Pepper's Adventures in Time. I haven't played it yet, but it looks like a cute game for kids and those of us who are kids at heart, The producer, Mark Seibert, has posted the full version (freeware) on his site. Do a Google search for Mark and have fun. Be sure to read his info on how to deal with a bug and with installing the game.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on May 20, 12 7:18 PM
Congratulations to CfG on finishing the game

Been working in the garden most of the day mulching and playing Top Secret Finders, which I like alot, so didn't get back to this game until tonight. After I left I just given the night guard a ** bottle ** so I only had just over an hour left until I FINISHED.

Weird navigation in this game. Almost finished before I started to get the hang of it.
I like the professor though and the way he rocks his mutton chops. LOL

[Post New]by TideWaters on May 20, 12 8:01 PM
Well I'm in the GMum and Granny Fish department. Looking at all those doors and getting lost. Probably some of which had to do with GS saying NaNa every few minutes. Will give some serious time to when can. I am thankfuyl it is on the short side with baby here. CONGRATS TO THE FINISHERS!!!!!!!

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on May 21, 12 10:47 AM
Congrats Catfish_girl and sunshinej!!

I got to play a bit of it last night and left off just after ** giving the night watchman the bottle. ** Will probably head back in tonight and finish it off!
If that is the case it is definately a short game, but a nice introduction to the rest of the series I guess.

I hope whoever is still playing, is having fun! Catch you later!

[Post New]by TideWaters on May 21, 12 2:41 PM
I've managed a little play - got through the Key issue and now at the lightbulb issue. Common sense would dictate take one out of a lamp or an extra would be in a desk or drawer??? Can't get in to any of them. Guess I will keep looking cus there aren't that many places to look. Maybe a flashlight or lightening will strike?

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on May 21, 12 2:44 PM
Holy Mackeral!! SHORT is the word, all right! I'm a plodding player, and I don't often use that word. I would really like this game better if it had a journal; of course, I ended up keeping my own hand-written one. My boxed set game continues on in Lapland. Should I keep going? I'm not seeing any stairs yet........

(But I'm FINISHED in LONDON!)

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on May 21, 12 8:11 PM
TideWaters wrote:I've managed a little play - got through the Key issue and now at the lightbulb issue. Common sense would dictate take one out of a lamp or an extra would be in a desk or drawer??? Can't get in to any of them. Guess I will keep looking cus there aren't that many places to look. Maybe a flashlight or lightening will strike?

****Look on the boxes in the basement hallway****

Granny_Fish
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Granny_Fish on May 21, 12 9:36 PM
FINISHED!!!

I wasn't super impressed.

Aquatic
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Aquatic on May 21, 12 10:42 PM
Congrats all you finishers!
I gave in and bought the Viva Adventure Anthology.
Eight games on 1 disk, 3 of which are the AGON series. Just $5.60 at the riversite.
Now I can find out what happens after Samuel gets on the train.
Hope I get to use the info from all those books I read in Samuel's office!

[Post New]by TideWaters on May 22, 12 12:20 AM
Alvertis - Thanks, I was trying to light candles and looking high and low. Last resort burn the pallets!!!!

Are we going to continue playing this as a group?? If so, I'll also go to the river site for the remaining games. Finished to the end. Enjoyed the story but game controls suck - have to be at the exact angle or miss stuff. Spent more time looking than doing.

Aquatic
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Aquatic on May 22, 12 1:02 AM
Tidewaters regarding the controls-my thoughts exactly.
Spent (wasted) lots of time looking for the sweet spot.
We have a couple of group plays planned.
AGON's next chapters are not on the list.
For now I'm adding them to the Giant Teetering Pile of Unplayed Games!

Edited on 05/22/2012 at 1:04:56 AM PST

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on May 22, 12 3:47 AM
Congrats to Everyone who has finished!!!

Haven't managed to play at all really, but house is very clean!!!! Did have about half an hour after cousins had gone to bed, late last night, but other than switching on subtitles and going back to the beginning, didn't really get any further. Guess I will have to be patient and wait until they have gone, so I can have a chunk of time at it to really understand what's going on.

Gmum xxx

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on May 22, 12 9:02 AM
Well - do you know what - they all went to sleep in the lounge this afty - so along with making a Lasagne I managed to grab about 2 hours play and actually Finished!!!! AS you all say - Super short, but has grabbed me enough to make me want to play the others.

Can't believe in that first session that I played that ** I spent the whole hour reading all the books and in the end I only needed one page of one of them!!! ** Well, I'm a whole lot better read now.

GMum xxxx

Edited on 05/22/2012 at 10:25:58 AM PST

Go to: