Wow what great reviews I love this game already and I haven't even tried it LOL

Blenny
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:TGT: The Broken Clues

[Post New]by Blenny on Feb 1, 09 1:48 AM
Hi All,

Did anyone else get any error messages when downloading?

I've got an NSIS warning and a error message stating my installer was corrupt an although I could override this it was not recommended and may result in a virus?

Judging by the comments so far I don't think I'll bother downloading but was just wondering?????

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Feb 1, 09 1:53 AM
You should have persevered guys! You would have had the delight of finding the teeniest watering can in a wine glass, discovering that a keyboard is actually a surfboard and a bird brooch is a statuette. AND you would have received amazing instructions such as "dick out the obscured in Harrison's car"! Shame because I liked the photos. You don't get penalised in spot the difference. I didn't spot many, but just clicked all over the place.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Feb 1, 09 1:58 AM
vicalana wrote:You should have persevered guys! You would have had the delight of finding the teeniest watering can in a wine glass, discovering that a keyboard is actually a surfboard and a bird brooch is a statuette. AND you would have received amazing instructions such as "**** out the obscured in Harrison's car"! Shame because I liked the photos. You don't get penalised in spot the difference. I didn't spot many, but just clicked all over the place.

Seriously LOLing here! That *is* almost worth it! I know lots of these games are developed in other countries but they are sold in English speaking ones. Is there no one at the Publisher/Distributors who can run through it and send corrections?

That's funny, it censored my quoted d i c k but not the OPs um... dick...

Edited on 02/01/2009 at 1:59:35 AM PST

grumbler
Marlin
Marlin
9,065 Posts

[Post New]by grumbler on Feb 1, 09 2:01 AM
My big mouth I shouldn't have been sarcastic.

I click and click and lose 15 seconds but nothing goes from the list although it should. My cursor on this game is a white rectangle is this how it is supposed to be

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Feb 1, 09 2:03 AM
grumbler wrote:My big mouth I shouldn't have been sarcastic.

I click and click and lose 15 seconds but nothing goes from the list although it should. My cursor on this game is a white rectangle is this how it is supposed to be

Nope, for me was a regular arrowhead (I think arrowhead) cursor.

grumbler
Marlin
Marlin
9,065 Posts

[Post New]by grumbler on Feb 1, 09 2:05 AM
Thanks poodlebear I will try again and if not I will uninstall and download again

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Feb 1, 09 2:27 AM
grumbler wrote:Thanks poodlebear I will try again and if not I will uninstall and download again

WOW! As a "grumbler", you are a real glutton for punishment

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 1, 09 2:52 AM
Because I had downloaded it before I found all your opinions I decided to try it, wish to goodness I hadn't as my eyes still haven't adjusted to not being attached to the monitor!!! These people think that by making the objects practically invisible makes it a good game, well not in my opinion. The music was awful and I was very thankful that my speakers on/off button was within easy reach. I also hate Spot the Differences so glad I didn't make it that far. As for the timer ... BAH HUMBUG!

grumbler
Marlin
Marlin
9,065 Posts

[Post New]by grumbler on Feb 1, 09 3:12 AM
OK time to be serious now I have played the full sixty minutes

I like timed games

I like obscure objects

I like the 5 minutes, - some games give far too long

I had a good laugh at the mistakes

glutton for punishment maybe or may be the heat has got to me

I hate to say it

I will buy this game

[Post New]by gammanh on Feb 1, 09 3:52 AM
That was the worst HO game I have tried - don't really know why but VERY boring.

Katydidit1
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Katydidit1 on Feb 1, 09 4:05 AM
This game is not for me. Any game that takes forever to find something that is darn near impossible to see let alone find is too much...and I absolutely despise "Find the difference" mini games. It seems that I am forever waiting for a good game to come along anymore. Oh hum...

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Feb 1, 09 4:19 AM
Tried the demo, took ages to load, and after I put my name in had to wait for it to start, only played the first scene, turned the music off, terrible, not my cup of tea, so deleted.

Edited on 02/01/2009 at 4:19:36 AM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Feb 1, 09 4:28 AM
grumbler wrote:OK time to be serious now I have played the full sixty minutes
...I will buy this game

Good for you Grumbler! If I could see better it might have interested me. BTW, I saw nothing wrong with the music, was OK for me.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Feb 1, 09 4:33 AM
First off congrats Lord! And second if it's that bad I am glad I couldn't download it. Weak signal on internet I am on wireless. But Cherbtoo and Lord say it's bad, it's bad. Lord never came on first and said how bad a game is so I knew right then it's bad. Thanks Lord and everyone. Back to PJ Pride Pet Dective Destination Europe and Robinson Crusoe.

Sassy

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Feb 1, 09 4:34 AM
I have installed this game twice and I don't hear any sounds I have checked everyting is anyone having the same problem??? with there sounds in this game???

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Feb 1, 09 4:35 AM
Oh no.... I"ve downloaded the game but after reading all these posts I don't know if I want to even try it... I'm so looking forward to a GOOD game.. !

I feel another poem in the making.. this one may not be as gentle... !! I guess I better try the game for myself before I open my big mouth... but with a timer there I feel a "nasty" coming on.. ! Sometimes thats the only way to get a point across.. sigh.. !!

prose_2
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by prose_2 on Feb 1, 09 4:48 AM
Thanks for the review all, this will be a pass for me.

[Post New]by dwirth1 on Feb 1, 09 5:06 AM
I am having the same problem.....but stupid me I bought the game....now what do I do?
It has to be a glitch? Any suggestions? Will they give me a refund?

Go to: