shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Re:Comments for Haunting Mysteries: The Island of Lost Souls Collector's Edition

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 20, 12 3:03 AM
Hello Bradalex,

There is most likely nothing wrong with you at all. I suffer from game burn out about 3 times a year, every year. I am just recovered from a bout of that recently. If you just take a week or so off from playing, you will probably find that you are over it and will be back playing the games you love with a vengeance! Game burn out happens to a lot of us at some time or another. Good luck.

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

Re:Comments for Haunting Mysteries: The Island of Lost Souls Collector's Edition

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on May 20, 12 3:45 AM
hi fishies, just finished the demo, and yep there is a lot of hogs.I enjoyed it but think i may wait for the S.E.

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on May 20, 12 3:59 AM
Hi Shadowfox,
Will take your advice quite soon as I am going away in our motor home for a month. Only trouble is, after a while I start to wonder if I am missing any great games, and find my fingers itching to get hold of the mouse!
Oh dear the decisions I have to make

anabel1566
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by anabel1566 on May 20, 12 4:12 AM
It's just the same old, same old...and it's not of CE quality at all....no buy for me!!!

anabel1566
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by anabel1566 on May 20, 12 4:12 AM
It's just the same old, same old...and it's not of CE quality at all....no buy for me!!!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on May 20, 12 4:59 AM
Me too - not even as a DD!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 20, 12 5:07 AM
bradalex wrote:Hi Shadowfox,
Will take your advice quite soon as I am going away in our motor home for a month. Only trouble is, after a while I start to wonder if I am missing any great games, and find my fingers itching to get hold of the mouse!
Oh dear the decisions I have to make
Yep, it's when you get those itchy fingers and that "what am I missing?" feeling that you know you have recovered from your game "flu" (burn out). LOL Have a wonderful vacation!

eta: Oops, forgot my game comment. Sorry mods! I am having a great time playing this game. Good job devs!!

Edited on 05/20/2012 at 5:09:43 AM PST

woodythepecker
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by woodythepecker on May 20, 12 6:09 AM
Doesn't sound like this one is for me. I'm fried to a crisp on junk pile HOG's. Although the graphics do appeal to me.

I did enjoy "Dark Alleys" tremendously because it's not really a HOG so if anyone knows of similar games send me a PM.
thank you,
woody

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on May 20, 12 6:12 AM
I guess I'm in the minority here; I think this is not CE quality and I would think twice about SE. The H0 scenes are grainy and most of the objects are hard to define. Even with a hint you can't see them. The rest of the game seems okay, but the door to the lighthouse puzzle was not clear and I had to skip it. I got as far as looking for something for the lighthouse keeper so he could see better. When I saw this game this morning I was excited and ready to buy, not now. Guess I will go back to playing Return to Joyville.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 20, 12 6:43 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:
cherbtoo wrote:Shadow ... Are you playing in Windowed Mode or clickling blindly out of sight, I ask because I know you prefer 'square' monitors too?

Hello Cherb!
Are you having a problem with things being off of the screen? When I launched the game it was wide screen and there was no full screen/wide screen option, so I am playing the widescreen (wide black bands top and bottom) but I am not having any problems with any parts of the scene(s) being off of the screen. There is an option that says "Toggle full screen" and the little diamond next to that is filled in. I left it that way. If you changed that, maybe try putting that back? I have my resolution set to 1280 x 1024 which is what it is always set to. If you have any other questions, PM me so that I am sure to notice... I hope this helps.
etf

Thanks sweetie .

Yes that is how I am playing it (unticking that takes you into Windowed Mode).

In the first scene at sea I had to find 7? stamps and one of them was off the screen to the right, also the bottom of my screen looks like this ...

ENU ............................................................................................. HIN
UIDE

and, while you can still see a bit of the cursor on the left hand side, it completely disappears from view on the right hand side and that is when a get the .

I am also finding the graphics to be excellent on my computer and my display is set at 1280 x 1024 too.

As you appear to be having no problems perhaps there aren't that many objects that have been hidden on the outside edges of the screen and, as I can't resist a game with good clear graphics, I have just bought it ... bring on the

pp pp pp pp p
pp pp ppp
pp pp pp
pp pp p
pp ppp
pp
pp ppp
pp pp pp
pp pp p p
pp pp ppp
pp pp ppp
pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp p
pp pp pp pp pp pp p pp pp pp
pp p ppp pp pp pp ppp
pp pp pp pp p p
pp pp p pp p
pp pp pp i i
pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pip
pp pp pp pp pp pp p
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 20, 12 7:03 AM
WOW!!! Cherbtoo.

Elirana
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Elirana on May 20, 12 7:17 AM
Cherb. I don't know whether this helps but I also have a square screen and have buttons on the front. I pressed the auto button and it pushed the pic up so I lost the dialogue so pressed the OK button, which is the menu too and adjusted the vertical back down and 'hey presto', magic. If I have probs with the sides I'll adjust the horizontal in a bit. If there isn't buttons on the front of your monitor there should be settings somewhere for it. I have to use the volume and brightness arrows on the front for the menue. Yes. It took me a while to figure out to use the monitor arrows and not the keyboard ones.

Elirana

Oh Wow Cherb. I've so missed your beautiful Pics. My round.
And isn't it nice to get English English and not corrupt English.

Edited on 05/20/2012 at 7:24:09 AM PST

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on May 20, 12 7:18 AM
And WOW again

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on May 20, 12 7:18 AM
And WOW again

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on May 20, 12 7:55 AM
I have all these mothers day credits and no games to buy! Unfortunately, this one is not for me. I didn't get too far with this game. I don't like it when devs put annoying noises when you find something in a hidden object scene, but this one drives me batty! It sounds like a bell over a shop door ringing to announce your arrival. Add this to getting slightly seasick with the motion, and I couldn't play the full demo. I think my 5 year old games have better graphics. With it being so heavy on the HO scenes, they really need to make things easier to find. Although this is (I think) a first attempt by this developer, so maybe they will sharpen up their next one. To all who like this one, enjoy!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on May 20, 12 8:01 AM
From hidden object scene to hidden object scene to hidden object scene to zzzzzzzzz , Ooops sorry I fell asleep.

I really like the graphics and was kind of enjoying this game but have become weary of games with an abundance of hidden object scenes. I probably will give this a second look when it comes out as SE but will pass on it as CE. sigh.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 20, 12 8:06 AM
Elirana wrote:Cherb. I don't know whether this helps but I also have a square screen and have buttons on the front. I pressed the auto button and it pushed the pic up so I lost the dialogue so pressed the OK button, which is the menu too and adjusted the vertical back down and 'hey presto', magic. If I have probs with the sides I'll adjust the horizontal in a bit. If there isn't buttons on the front of your monitor there should be settings somewhere for it. I have to use the volume and brightness arrows on the front for the menue. Yes. It took me a while to figure out to use the monitor arrows and not the keyboard ones.

Elirana

Oh Wow Cherb. I've so missed your beautiful Pics. My round.
And isn't it nice to get English English and not corrupt English.

Cheers Elirana, thank you very much for the compliment and the

pp
pp pp
pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp
pp pp p

It is absolutely wonderful to have an English English game, wonder how many complaints there will be .

It is years since I have needed to change any settings on my monitor and consequently I had forgotten they are there but ... doesn't adjusting it for the game mean that it will throw the desktop settings etc out and thus you have to keep playing about with it each time you go in and out of the game? If so I am afraid I haven't the patience for that as I tend to play other games throughout the day too such as a jigsaw (when watching TV ) and a few levels of an untimed TM or M3 when I haven't got long to play.

Thank you Dobbie and Bradalex .

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 20, 12 8:11 AM
angelofmusic62 wrote:I have all these mothers day credits and no games to buy! Unfortunately, this one is not for me. I didn't get too far with this game. I don't like it when devs put annoying noises when you find something in a hidden object scene, but this one drives me batty! It sounds like a bell over a shop door ringing to announce your arrival. Add this to getting slightly seasick with the motion, and I couldn't play the full demo. I think my 5 year old games have better graphics. With it being so heavy on the HO scenes, they really need to make things easier to find. Although this is (I think) a first attempt by this developer, so maybe they will sharpen up their next one. To all who like this one, enjoy!

Me too and that is what I bought this game with so I got a CE for the price of an SE , somehow I just can't seem to say no and I have to have one or the other .

[removed by Moderator]also developed The Relics of Fate, a Penny Macey Mystery which came out at the beginning of last year.

Edited on 05/20/2012 at 9:57:01 AM PST

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on May 20, 12 10:29 AM
Since I have all these credits I have been wanting a nice CE to play. Getting real particular about them though. Have to have achievements and/or morphing objects. This has both . Unfortunately it moves so slow from place to place. Very few games do that for me . It 's not even that big of a file really I don't think. Guess I will wait for the SE and hope the achievements and such are in it.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on May 20, 12 11:01 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:Hello Joyce,

I have a full screen monitor and I am not having any trouble. As I said to Cherb, you might make sure that you have that "Toggle full screen" option with the diamond filled in. You will get a wide screen game but you won't have anything "off of the screen".

I noticed Sheerija mentioned fuzzy and poor graphics. It's so odd, the graphics are clear and fantastic on my system and I am not having any problem finding the "Lost Soul" bonus items at all. I am liking the game.

Thanks shadowfax, I'll remember that if and when I give
the SE a try.

Go to: