grime
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Post any Whispered Stories: Sandman technical issues here only

[Post New]by grime on May 21, 12 5:56 PM
yet again another se game that does not work properly. slow and jerky, binned it. ce games work beautifully, so its NOT my comp. getting that way i just dont want to dl games that are stand alone games. will keep my freebies for a se game that has come from a ce game. i give up.

ediegamer
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by ediegamer on May 21, 12 8:38 PM
I'm with you "grime"! I already went the Tech Dept. route when I had trouble with a stand alone game and was told that my computer couldn't handle these new graphics. Most new CE games seem to work fine, though. I also had trouble with this game. DL was fine and then custom curser changed into regular curser, got a blank screen, v/o started stuttering and I was booted out . Oh, well. Too bad cause it looked like a really good game...

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on May 21, 12 9:28 PM
As above!

After 15 min of "game play" which really consisted of more black screens than game, I gave up. What I actually saw of the graphics were very slow and jerky. I hate clicking on something and waiting 5 minutes for something to happen.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 22, 12 4:47 AM
Hi everyone,

If the game is slow or jerkish for you, try to disablo the custom cursor if you hadn't tried that already.

If that didn't help, you could consider updating your drivers:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your game is still giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on May 22, 12 9:04 AM
Game downloaded fine, but I couldn't play the first minute of it because my screen froze completely.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on May 22, 12 3:57 PM
Hi spyque,

If your screen is freezing and the steps in this help article didn't help:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Then I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the game or try lowering your Screen Resolution .

This can help if the files weren't installed fully, or if the game is having trouble running the game at full resolution for some reason.

If it's still acting up though, I would definitely get in contact with our Customer Support team to help us track any issues and so a rep can help you with your purchase.

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

Edited on 05/23/2012 at 3:14:12 PM PST

[Post New]by chicken_good on May 25, 12 11:18 AM
cherbtoo wrote:
chicken_good wrote:When I started the game in Sleepwalker mode, the inventory was gone. It was there in Dreamer mode, but nothing in sleepwalker mode. Makes it impossible to play, so that was a setback.

IMO they are two separate modes and therefore your inventory should not transfer over and I think you would have to start again from the beginning.

Problem wasn't that the items in my inventory was gone. My whole inventory was gone. There's just a blank spot where it was in Dreamer mode, and when I pick up items, they disappear completely.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 25, 12 9:31 PM
chicken_good wrote:
cherbtoo wrote:
chicken_good wrote:When I started the game in Sleepwalker mode, the inventory was gone. It was there in Dreamer mode, but nothing in sleepwalker mode. Makes it impossible to play, so that was a setback.

IMO they are two separate modes and therefore your inventory should not transfer over and I think you would have to start again from the beginning.

Problem wasn't that the items in my inventory was gone. My whole inventory was gone. There's just a blank spot where it was in Dreamer mode, and when I pick up items, they disappear completely.
I had the same thing (don't remember what mode). I quit the game and restarted it and my inventory was back.

Edited on 05/25/2012 at 9:31:49 PM PST

gamunds
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by gamunds on Jun 6, 12 1:39 PM
I've gotten as far as the raccoon in the tree. I've given all the snack components but I can't get past that scene. Even when I click on hint it shows the snack must be given. Is there a patch for this?

[Post New]by jazzybee513 on Jun 26, 12 12:20 PM
Hello!

I got all the way to the part where i give Mary the elixir. Sandman takes her and disappears. Now from the looks of the walkthrough, I should be locked up in a cell. However, right now I am standing in the same room that Mary was in. The room with the food on the table. The hint button refuses to work in this room. I can't go towards the jail cell. I can go to Sandman's room, but there is nothing to do and the hint is to leave the room. I am stuck. I have restarted the game a million times and it always brings me back to this room.

Do I have to start all over again? I will be PISSED if I do. Someone HELP ME!!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 26, 12 1:14 PM
Hi jazzybee513,

After you give Mary the elixir and the Sandman takes her, the story should have continued with you also being put in a cell, as the walkthrough shows.

The first thing I'd try is uninstalling and reinstalling the game - that sometimes gets everything straightened out with these sort of issues. You can read more about how to do that in the help article here.

If that doesn't help, it would be a good idea to get in touch with our Tech Support team. They'll be able to take a look at what's going on with the game and see if there's any other troubleshooting steps you can take before you go ahead and restart the whole game.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by algiers on Jul 12, 12 7:44 AM
88blyth wrote:why is this game taking SO long to ativate?

(R

mine too has said ...trial expired...and i did not touch anything....uninstalled and trying again

[Post New]by algiers on Jul 12, 12 7:48 AM
At the end of "whispered stories. Sandman", I cannot manage to activate the left tuning fork to liberate the girl from the hour glass. Thank you to explain why.

suzmcmike
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by suzmcmike on Jul 26, 12 7:31 PM
cherbtoo wrote:I didn't have any voiceovers in the game apart from the 'end of sections' which wasn't a deal breaker but I had no sound at all for the safe puzzle where you are supposed to listen to the clicks even though my speakers and the game settings were on maximum ... so a huge thank you for the red, yellow and blue circle indicators of the correct numbers.

Cherb - I have this same problem with this game as well as a few others. Were you able to figure out how to fix?

[Post New]by philflound on Apr 15, 13 1:26 PM
I'm in the cottage with 6 logs and it won't let me put them in the fireplace. Says I don't have enough wood. What's up with that?

Phil

Go to: