crabbycat
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Re:Comments for Whispered Stories: Sandman

[Post New]by crabbycat on May 21, 12 6:20 AM
To Sheerija and Dobbie.....thanks for a great laugh this morning. I just got home from working all night and always check to see what is new. I haven't even downloaded this game yet, but based on your banter, I am doing so.And I know that I will like it........or if I don't, I won't say so, as I don't need any rotten eggs or tomatoes lobbed at my cottage!! HeeHee!!

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 21, 12 6:30 AM
crabbycat wrote:To Sheerija and Dobbie.....thanks for a great laugh this morning. I just got home from working all night and always check to see what is new. I haven't even downloaded this game yet, but based on your banter, I am doing so.And I know that I will like it........or if I don't, I won't say so, as I don't need any rotten eggs or tomatoes lobbed at my cottage!! HeeHee!!
You wil like it. I know!

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on May 21, 12 6:40 AM
Well, sorry folks, but I don't like it. Not a buy for me.

crabbycat
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by crabbycat on May 21, 12 6:55 AM
Hooray!! No tomatoes or eggs for me..I think this is a sweet game! Am going to buy it and play it after I take a nap!! Thanks BF and devs.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 21, 12 6:57 AM
roaming wrote:Well, sorry folks, but I don't like it. Not a buy for me.
O boy, look out of the rotten eggs and tomatoes.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on May 21, 12 7:13 AM
The length certainly deserves tomatoes, eggs and what ever else you can find!!!!!
I got maybe half an hour more out of that game after the demo!!!!!

At first I thought maybe it's a glitch, after you rescue that whiny girl out of the hourglass it goes back to the starting screen, but when you press play again it brings you back to that scene....

What a waste of a PPC............

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on May 21, 12 7:27 AM
I can't believe you are supposed to get acid to get rid of rust. Every fishie in the pond knows that oil is the HOG's WD-40!

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 21, 12 7:30 AM
Micha1234 wrote:The length certainly deserves tomatoes, eggs and what ever else you can find!!!!!
I got maybe half an hour more out of that game after the demo!!!!!

At first I thought maybe it's a glitch, after you rescue that whiny girl out of the hourglass it goes back to the starting screen, but when you press play again it brings you back to that scene....

What a waste of a PPC............

I'm sorry that was your experience. But thanks for sharing as I was wondering how long it would be.

It was a no buy for me on two accounts - no walkthrough so I couldn't guage the length as these types of games I have been bitten far too often before on a 2 hr length game.

And black bars (well brown curtains ) on my NON widescreen just standard laptop, which in my opinion in todays games it should at least fill a standard screen. I think I would have preferred black bars as those curtains gave me another step away from the game so I didn't feel immersed in it. It also had them at the top of the screen as well!

But I will say the graphics are so up my street. And it looked like there could be a few puzzles in it. But I didn't play that far as those curtains...

Edited on 05/21/2012 at 7:36:32 AM PST

dobermans
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by dobermans on May 21, 12 8:55 AM
very good game, but way too short. after about 1 1/2 hour of play i was saying to myself,THIS CAN'T BE THE END ALREADY!!!

Qismet
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Qismet on May 21, 12 9:23 AM
Oh Dear! I am so afraid that the rotten eggs and tomatoes are headed my way, but this just isn't a huge win for me. Definitely not a bad game, but I found myself pretty frustrated trying to figure out what to do even with the super quick hint button. At the end of my hour of play I was just beginning to settle in to the rhythm of the game and get adjusted to the artwork. I am not saying the artwork is subpar, just that I find that I normally have to become familiar with the art style to get better at finding things in the scene, but it does not usually take most of the demo time.

The comments regarding the length of the game are of concern.I had just managed to get the oars for the boat and start heading for the pirate ship when my hour was up. Can anyone advise how far I am into the game? This will help me decide regarding the purchase.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on May 21, 12 5:05 PM
I have never, ever experienced a BFG release that could be completed in 1 1/2 hours. I suppose I'm speaking as a "smell-the-roses, take-my-time" kind of person, but I think that's what these games are all about. The developers (whom I think we've seen b4) don't routinely create games that are based on "stop-watch" times. What's the rush? Think I'll buy it with a GCC! And I'll bet a W/T here (or some other place) is on the horizon!

This one seems to have a good storyline and clear but challenging H0 scenes (which it does have quite a few of, in my experience with the demo). (BTW, I have found that acid does get rid of rust in a few H0Gs, so that's not unusual).

Please--no rotten tomatoes or eggs in this direction!

Regards, elldee

Edited on 05/21/2012 at 5:07:49 PM PST

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on May 21, 12 7:18 PM
elldee.....this is actually not the shortest game BFG has....there was one quite a while back - can't remember the name of it - that a bunch of people (including me) finished within the demo time. And I didn't rush that game either.

booger69
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Re: TOMATOES AND EGGS!

[Post New]by booger69 on May 21, 12 11:49 PM
I finally got past where I was stuck THANKS to the awesome "cherbtoo". Tomatoes and Eggs sure sound like fun, to throw and EAT! Ha! Ha! You guys are funny and FUN! Can a person be both? YEP!!

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on May 22, 12 8:39 AM
Great game, but could of been longer.....not complaining, just liked it that much

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 22, 12 10:02 AM
CiChDa wrote:Great game, but could of been longer.....not complaining, just liked it that much

Me too, but nobody would have guessed that would they .

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on May 23, 12 2:41 AM
This game had everything for me. Great graphics hidden object scenes brilliant but most of all the humor, I laughed out loud so many times.

I hope there is another one soon to see how the happy couple are doing.

Best SE for a long time.

I love all your sense of humor too It tickled me pink.

Linda

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on May 24, 12 12:54 PM
That was by far the stupidest most annoying game I have ever played.

Chrissy06
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Chrissy06 on Jun 14, 12 6:40 AM
Can you help me? I am stuck in the Sunflower garden. I can't get the crowbar to pry open the wood case to get the corn. I have been trying since yesterday.
I would appreciate any help.
Thanks, Christie

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jun 15, 12 3:18 AM
Chrissy06 wrote:Can you help me? I am stuck in the Sunflower garden. I can't get the crowbar to pry open the wood case to get the corn. I have been trying since yesterday.
I would appreciate any help.
Thanks, Christie
Hi Christie - Not sure what you mean you can't get the crowbar? It should be leaning against the bucket on the right side of the screen. Just click on it to pick it up and then use it on the crate just to the left of it.

Chrissy06
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Chrissy06 on Jun 16, 12 8:40 AM
I found the crowbar it just won't work. I keep trying to open the crate and it won't work.

Go to: