Episode 1 in Level 7

Re:Episode 1 in Level 7

[Post New]by matildawhirl on Jul 31, 12 8:08 AM
Hi Ricoblade, I have been going back and doing them again in the expert level, but now I am stuck on #23 of 43, I get the end no matter what I do I am short 4 of the stones I need to complete the road, I have no idea how I did it the first time, but I am trying to complete all the levels as an expert and now I am stuck again, can you help me. No matter how I clear the road I always end up with no where else to get the last stones to clear the road. Thanks

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Aug 1, 12 10:12 AM
Hi - I'm not sure how you can be 4 Stone short as there is a Quarry on this level.

[Post New]by matildawhirl on Aug 6, 12 3:07 PM
Hi, I guess I wrote down the wrong level, it is Episode 3 Level 6, or #25 out of 43, does that make a difference? Thanks

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Aug 7, 12 1:29 AM
Ah, OK - on that level, you don't need to collect any Stone until you've built and upgraded the Storehouse and then you have plenty.

[Post New]by matildawhirl on Aug 8, 12 10:07 AM
Thanks ricoblade, i would still be stuck there trying to figure it out, now all I have to do is complete in the expert mode and maybe I can find out what unlocking the game means. Thanks Linda

[Post New]by matildawhirl on Aug 19, 12 6:16 AM
Hi again Ricoblade, well I am stuck again. I am at 31 of 43, Episode 4 Level 2, I am trying to get the expert level, and I always make it to just about the Rue Stone and I run out of time, and don't have quite enough resources. I upgrade all of the resources to level 3, but it takes a long time to clear the fire cloud, I do both the Workshop and the Smithy, but no matter how many times, I run out. i also do the Cobbler but I don't upgrade that, can you give me any more hints?

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Aug 19, 12 9:48 AM
Hi Level 4:2 is the trickiest level and success can depend on how fast your computer is as there can be significant lag until you clear the fire.

There is a very long thread with all sorts of hints on this level at:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/180111.page

[Post New]by matildawhirl on Aug 27, 12 8:52 PM
Hi Ricoblade, here I am again, I am in Episode 4 Level 5 and I can't figure out how to get to the crystals and the rue stone. I must be missing something. I completed the Balloon and everything but I am missing how to get to that part, any hints?

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Aug 28, 12 1:30 AM
Hi - this level appears to have a glitch for some people (I've never experienced it) and there's a big thread on it at:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/186243.page

[Post New]by matildawhirl on Sep 5, 12 1:48 PM
Ricoblade, I made it to the end and opened up the Bonus Levels and finally completed in the the expert level. Yea !! Now I am trying to complete in the Normal mode, obviously I completed in the easy mode. Now I am stuck and Episode 2 Level 5, I can't quite get enough of the coins and the stones to compete the fort, I make it to almost and then I move out of the expert level. I upgrade the stones, the wood and the water to Level 2 and use three workers, any other hints? I also open the workshop but don't upgrade it, I also open the cobbler and use the shoes whenever they come up, what else do I need to do? Thanks

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Sep 6, 12 2:08 AM
Hi - the key to Level 2-5 is getting the Storehouse up and running asap.

My build order was:

- Upgrade the Camp to Max
- Build the Pumping Station
- Chop the Trees
- Open the Portal
- Get the 2 Stone by the Sawmill
- Build the Bridge to the Quarry and Mine
- Put out the Sawmill fire and build it
- Put out the fires to get to the Fisherman's Hut and its fire then build it
- Build and fully upgrade the Storehouse
- Put out the Quarry fire and build it
- Put out the Mine fire and build it
- Build the Cobbler (you say you build the Workshop but there isn't one on this level...)
- Gather all the Berries
- Upgrade the Sawmill
- Upgrade the Pumping Station
- Upgrade the Quarry
- Gather all the Stones and Gold

You should now have enough resources being generated to complete all the tasks.

[Post New]by matildawhirl on Sep 27, 12 1:09 PM
Hi RicoBlade, thanks for the info on Level 2-5 that worked great. I got stuck again at Episode 4 Level 2 and went back to the sites that you gave me previously, I tried a few that had been given recently, (because I couldn't remember what worked before) and none of them were working. The best advice for that level, was from one from earlier this year:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/186415.page#4509851

when I tried it on the Search All Forums it didn't come up but when I put it in the regular place to search a website it came up. The major thing that worked was that the person said they got through the level by NOT upgrading anything except to four workers, and the Storehouse to the highest level, once I did that I got it on the first try. The person said that by not upgrading you get 5 recources more frequently, rather than 9 less frequently, it seems like that my be the clue to most of the levels, what do you think? Thanks for your help. Linda

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Sep 28, 12 1:45 AM
Hi - that method sure does work, the only thing I upgraded was the Water.

[Post New]by matildawhirl on Nov 8, 12 11:32 AM
Hi Ricoblade, well I have finally come down to the last part of the game, mastering 42 out of 43 in the hard mode, in the bonus rounds. I get everything done except on rebuilding the fort, I get down to about 4 gold and 8 stones and no matter what I do I can't seem to complete it in the expert mode. I upgrade the storehouse to 3 and I have four workers. I upgrade the gold and the stones to 2 because it doesn't seem to make much difference if I upgrade to 3 on those two. I even upgraded the cobbler to 2 once but that didn't seem to make a difference. I upgrade everything else to 2 as well. Any suggestions?

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Nov 9, 12 1:29 AM
Hi - I'm not sure which level you mean, are you talking about Bonus Level 3?

If so then the "trick" is to get the Quarry and Gold Mine up and running asap (before the Storehouse).

[Post New]by matildawhirl on Nov 9, 12 5:19 PM
Hi, I think it is Bonus Level Three, I am in the Hard Mode, and I can't complete Level 42 out of 43. No matter what I do, I tried waiting to do the storehouse until the end, I do pump house, then the farm house to level 2 and the wood to level one, and do the stones and gold right after that to level 2, level 3 doesn't seem to give any more, and sometimes it seems level three gives less. No matter what I do, it seems I always come down to needing about 3 gold and about 8 stones and I run out of expert time. I am trying to complete the whole game in expert mode and I am stuck here, I could of course complete the game in the overtime mode but that's not the point. I am amazed that I got this far considering how much trouble I had with the easy mode to begin with. I guess it does go to show you that practice makes perfect, but I am two bonus levels, 42 and 43 away from being perfect. I am at a loss at what to do next.

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Nov 10, 12 6:16 AM
Hi - I think you're on Bonus Level 2, have you seen this thread?

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/181454.page

[Post New]by matildawhirl on Nov 13, 12 7:24 PM
Hi Ricoblade, well I was in the bonus level three and I finally made it to the end in all of the modes. Thank you so much for your help. This has been a really fun game and I am glad I bought it. This game really got me interested in other games and now I have quite a few. I found myself playing entirely tooooooo long on this one, but now I will have to find another that grabs my attention like this one did. Thanks again Linda

[Post New]by matildawhirl on Nov 29, 12 8:12 PM
HI there again Ricoblade...well I just had to go through one more time and now I am stuck on the first bonus level in the expert mode. I just can't get the last temple with enough gold. I have tired it in the single mode, then the upgraded mode, and then the third upgrade. It seems to do better in the second upgrade but I am missing about ONE second, and it is driving me crazy. Any suggestions?

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Nov 30, 12 3:05 AM
Hi again - the constraining resource on this level is Gold so you need to get the Gold Mine up and running and fully upgraded with a fully upgraded Storehouse asap, also the Gold Mine will suffer from an earthquake so make sure you repair it asap.

My build order was:

- Fully upgrade Camp and chop Trees
- Pumping Station
- Sawmill
- Farm
- Upgrade Sawmill and chop Trees near the Storehouse
- Gold Mine
- Quarry
- Upgrade Gold Mine
- Fully upgrade Sawmill
- Fully upgrade Storehouse
- Fully upgrade Gold Mine

Then upgrade the Pumping Station, Farm and Quarry to 2* while you're collecting all that Gold.

Hope that helps!

Go to: